looking for an SCI / AGI style template for AGS 3.2

Started by Leisure Suit Harry, Thu 05/05/2011 09:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Leisure Suit Harry

I know I want to create an old Sierra like game (AGI/SCI with text parser; like PQ2, SQ2 or 3).
Since I am not a scripting genius I am looking for an according AGS template. (The AGI engine itself seems to be too difficult for newbies like myself)
I found the Space Quest 3 template which used to work with an older AGS version but it does not seem to be compatible with the most recent AGS 3.2
Can anyone provide me with such a template?

Thanks!

Let's don't and say we did!
Yours Boston McShew (aka Leisure Suit Harry)

Laukku

:)  Hi! This might be a bit late, but I did one a couple of years ago, based on a simpler one by magintz. It was made with AGS 2.72, but is compatible at least up to  3.0.2 SP1 - haven't tested with the latest version yet. EDIT: Tested it, seems to work fine.

Quote from: Laukku on Sun 10/08/2008 16:49:43
Text Parser enhanced

Basically an improved version of Texr Parser v2.0. Because no one had made a better one and Text Parser v2.0 was clumsy (having to put txtParser=""; after every single command? Seriously??), I decided to improve it by myself. Here are some improvements since Text Parser v2.0:

-parser GUI pops up and pauses the game automatically when the player starts typing
-NoMatch() function for generic "that doesn't work" responses
-a text-based inventory (read-only)
-inventory item closeup GUI for look commands (if you don't want it, you can easily remove it)
-"it" feature: You can type "look apple", then "take it" and the parser still understands it. Does not currently work for commands like "throw it at the bird", though.
-simplified scripts and fixed some bugs
-and many small things I've forgotten.

It even surpasses Trilby's Notes. It's made in 2.72, but it should work in AGS 3.0.2 SP1, too.

EDIT: I've improved it even more. It now includes a default "Really restart?" GUI, an easy-to-use ShowInvCloseup function, and bug fixes. Hopefully I figured out the correct reason for the sprite 0 bug. Post a message if you find bugs.
Get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jcy1nkmffx3
Enjoy. :)
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
>WIN GAME
Congratulations! You just won! You got 0 out of 500 points.

Leisure Suit Harry

Thanks. Meanwhile, however, I have done a couple of things by myself. I've drawn AGI fonts in SCI studio for instance. My AGS game already looks a lot like AGI (even though I decided to renounce of text parsing...)
Yours Boston McShew (aka Leisure Suit Harry)

Mihailo

Thanks a million Laukku dude, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk