OMG, It's Barn Runner 5, Chapter Three!!

Started by Ponch, Sun 19/06/2011 17:12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Look! Up In The Sky!
It's A New Barn Runner Game!

That's right! Two and a half years of being too lazy to finish it of diligent fine tuning, and I'm finally ready to present Barn Runner 5: The Forever Friday 3. And, gosh, does this game have it all!

* Lots of exciting places to explore! (Just look at the men's room up there!)
* Oodles of exciting conversations to be had! (Probably too much chit chat, to be honest)
* More inventory items than seems practical (Much of it is completely pointless!)
* Poorly designed puzzles that are sure to baffle and frustrate you for hours! (I'm so sorry!)
* Cutscenes by the bucket load! (Mostly the game just gives you something to do between cutscenes!)
* Multiple player characters (yet all are shockingly interchangeable!)
* Completely skippable arcade sequences (so optional I wonder why I even bothered to put them in!)
* Lots of fun little mini-games (sure to distract you from the shoddy puzzles!)
* Tons of Easter Eggs (and old TV and movie references you younger kids are certain not to get. OH GOD, I'M SO OLD!)
* Multiple paths to victory (no more linear story telling this time around! It's sure to lead to trouble!)
* Bugs and typos my play testers missed (you can never catch them all.)
* Biggest Barn Runner game ever! (Bloated! That's the word I'd use!)

Look, kids! A cigarette vending machine! Just one of the many poor choices I made as a designer!

This full length game picks up just hours after the last chapter ended. The mass hysteria of the "Big Crazy" continues tearing through the city and it's up to our hero, Prick Peckard; the partner that won't go away, Harry; and the object of Prick's desire, Noriko. They can save the city... But only with your help!

Will Prick survive this secret mission into the wilds of the BGCZ? Will he find the people responsible? Will his city survive the madness that has claimed so many other cities before it? Will Noriko's secret prototype be up to the task? (Ah, how the 80s loved super machines!) Are Harry's pilot skills up the task? And can Prick handle an adventure without having a trench coat to wear? (He's a creature of habit!)

And how does rock-a-billy's favorite son Mojo Nixon factor into all of this? You'll only find out if you download! (So consider youself warned!)

Available from TackyWorld Interactive, where the quality of our freeware is matched only by the price!

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (RAR Format) (30 Megabytes)

System Requirements:
Windows 95/98, 2000, ME, XP, or Vista
1 gHz Processor
512 Mb of RAM
DirectX compliant sound and video cards
330 Mb hard drive space

Rated "T" For Teen (not really, but it probably should be)
This game contains:
Midly Suggestive Adult Themes
Mild Profanity
Brief Nudity
Cartoonish Violence

Plugins and other helpful things Used by this game
> Andrew MacCormack's Save/Load Functions & Unlimited Timers Module
> Steve McCrea's OtherRoom plugin
> Scorpiorus' Parallax plugin
> Andreas Vogel's Flashlight Plugin
> Rui Pires & Strazers 8-Direction Movement Module

> French Translations by Paolo

So, if you have some time to waste or just have nothing left to live for, why not download it and give it a try? There are worse ways to spend your day (probably).

Ponch

Dualnames

Dualnames dies from excitement!!

The game is amazing so far. And here i was, thinking I'd work on my own games. It's always some asshole ruining your creative process. :P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 19/06/2011 17:16:17
Dualnames dies from excitement!!

The game is amazing so far. And here i was, thinking I'd work on my own games. It's always some asshole ruining your creative process. :P

I apologize! (And once you've completed the game and seen how pointless it all is, I'll apologize again!) ;)

kconan

Cool  :D  Congrats on finishing this Ponch!  I'll be checking it out very soon, as I must find out why that machine is out of ranch flavored cigarettes.

Ponch

Quote from: kconan on Sun 19/06/2011 17:31:44
  Cool  :D  Congrats on finishing this Ponch!  I'll be checking it out very soon, as I must find out why that machine is out of ranch flavored cigarettes.

That's just one of the many spine-tingling mysteries you'll solve in this game. Just wait until you find out that the General Store is out of booze. It's pretty chilling stuff!  :=

BLUEKNIGHT38

Just found out B.R. 5.3 is out.  Awesome!  Ponch Rocks!!  He Rules!!!  He was just trying to teach us all alittle patience in our fast pasted society.
I'm downloading it right, now. 

Ponch

Quote from: BLUEKNIGHT38 on Sun 19/06/2011 19:02:11
Just found out B.R. 5.3 is out.  Awesome!  Ponch Rocks!!  He Rules!!!  He was just trying to teach us all alittle patience in our fast pasted society.
I'm downloading it right, now. 

Exactly! I wasn't shiftless or lazy. No sir! I was trying to teach you kids a valuable life lesson: Slow down and smell the roses! And... um... recycle and stuff. That's important too!  8)

Frodo

Excitement overload!   ;D

Loving this game so far, Ponch.  Congrats on finishing it.   ;D

*goes back to playing*

Ponch

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 19/06/2011 19:24:05
Excitement overload!   ;D

Loving this game so far, Ponch.  Congrats on finishing it.   ;D

*goes back to playing*

Glad you like it. It was a lot of work and I'm glad to finally be done with it. Now I have to get the next one ready. Good lord, it never ends!  :=

UPDATE: A bug has been reported! I'll get a fixed version of the game up tonight. But in the meantime, after you give May the crayons and the old canvas, while you're following her into the woods. Do NOT stop to talk to Harry or the game may crash. As long as you don't talk to him while following her, everything thing is fine and the game continues as normal. I'll get the patched version up as soon as I can.  :-*

UPDATE 2: Problem solved. New version uploaded. If anyone else spots a bug, feel free to PM me. :)

The Great Underground Empire

Yes yes ohdeargods yesss!  Can't wait to get try this out later tonight!  Barn Runner rocks!

Snake

Boy... that scene in the screenshot you've shown looks an awful like:

Hmm
;)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ponch

Quote from: SNaKe on Mon 20/06/2011 00:07:49
Boy... that scene in the screenshot you've shown looks an awful like:
(Snip)
Hmm
;)

What?! Sir, you have offended my honor! I demand pistols at dawn. Or possibly hand grenades at brunch.

If you would look closely, you'll notice that your guy is wearing white shoes. My guy is wearing black shoes. They are clearly completely different pictures!  8)

Also, thanks PlayPretend! Barn Runner does indeed rock! So much so that obviously Snake was so inspired that he made a time machine and went back in time to pay homage to all things Barn Runner. Well played, Snake. But PlayPretend and I are on to you, sir! Stop creating paradoxes! The universe is not a toy!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Holy shit, it looks like Prick's been using steroids since the last episode.  Now I just need to dig up my passwords, if I can find them.  Sigh...

Mojo Nixon involved in this game could only make it better.  Afterall, his performance in Buttcrack sure did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dca2o42yUUs

PREACHERMAN BOB KNOWS ALL.

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Mon 20/06/2011 00:53:51
Holy shit, it looks like Prick's been using steroids since the last episode.  Now I just need to dig up my passwords, if I can find them.  Sigh...

Mojo Nixon involved in this game could only make it better.

That's a bit of a running joke. It was revealed all the way back in Barn Runner 2 (and in several games since), that when Prick takes his coat off, he's incredibly buff. But in the coat he looks more average and a little slouchy. Is the coat magical or something? Is it just filled with so much junk that it weighs him down? Who knows! It is a mystery!  ???

I hope you can find those codes! I put a lot of work into the campaign elements! I'll be sad if no one uses them.

Lastly, Mojo makes everything better! (But you'll have to beat Fast Eddie Gupton in a drag race if you want to hear his music!)

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ponch

Quote from: LimpingFish on Mon 20/06/2011 03:06:01
Wheeeeeee! \o/

That is all.

Thank you, sir! I'm glad you're excited. I'll have you know that Barn Runner 5-3 is a game so manly that just playing it will put hair on your chest (or on your hamster, as the case may be)  :=

ThreeOhFour

I have made a commitment to wearing pink bunny ears at all times while playing this game.

THAT'S HOW COMMITTED I AM!  :D

Ponch

sauyadav: Indeed!

Ben: To be fair, weren't you already wearing them all the time anyway? ;)

ThreeOhFour

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk