Residence 44 Quest VGA

Started by Eric Oakford, Sun 24/07/2011 04:11:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Oakford

Residence 44 Quest VGA

The Story:

Mark Digware goes to a new college to discover there's no room for him. However, a window of opportunity opens up when the residents tell him of Janine (Josine), a woman who's causing them grief, but they've been unable to get her out.

Mark soon realizes that Janine may be more than just a nuisance, but possibly a real threat to her roommates.

Some screenshots:

As you can see, for now the rooms are still in AGI, but will eventually be updated to the VGA style.

If you'd like to help in the development of this project, I am currently looking for:

A portrait artist (about 10 characters)
A background artist (about 20 gameplay rooms plus a few cutscenes)
A sprite artist

If you're interested, PM or email me. My email is eoakford@live.com.

The Team:
Me (scripting)
Domithan (music)
Michal Michalski (portraits)

Development Progress:

Story: 100%
Scripting: 70%
Graphics: 30%
Music/Sound: 50%

Expected completion date: December 2011-March 2012

Development Diary:

July 24, 2011
Here we are, currently a recreation of the original AGI fan game, with some rooms merged together. I've made the GUI graphics and cursors, and all of Residence 44 is navigable, with two characters to talk to. The story is mostly the same as the original game... at first glance.

July 25, 2011
I now have some MIDI music made, thanks to Domithan! And the first floor has been expanded to accomodate some extra rooms.

July 26, 2011

And here's the Residence 44 theme song.

August 11, 2011
Michal Michalski has made some character portraits. Here's Rinze, Neil and Jinwo!

cosmicr

I remember this game! It was definitely one of the better full AGI games back in the day (circa 2001?)

Looking forward to seeing more!

Eric Oakford

Well, it doesn't seem that there's anyone interested. And the character portraits are so close to being done, but there hasn't been anymore activity from the artist for a long time.

The project isn't canceled, just on hold. So do feel free to contact me if you'd like to work on the project!

Darth Mandarb

Bummer to hear it!  I liked the look of this.

I'm going to lock this since it's not "in production" at the moment.  If you decide to resume it in the future let me know and I'll unlock it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk