N.orth E.ast W.est S.outh

Started by Gepard, Wed 27/07/2011 10:53:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Gepard

Welcome!

Let me introduce you to a new game that will soon see the light of the day. The name of the game is: "N.orth E.ast W.est S.outh"

What the game offers:
- RPG system set in post-apocalyptic world
- turn-based combat
- trading system
- randomly generated environment rooms
- weight based inventory system
- biological threats
- day & night environment
- 70 playable rooms
- 130 NPC
- 116 inventory items
- 44 quests
- 12 enemy types (human, animal, machine or mutant)

Progress:
graphics: 100%
scripting: 100%
music: 100%

PS: I still need beta-testers.
Drink up me 'arties! Yo ho!

Pixelton

Was this the same project you were working on before (with a name change?), I was always curious what happened to that. Mechanics wise it looks like it's come on leaps and bounds.

Looks very interesting man.
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

Gepard

Yes. It was called WI-AA and yes, I had some trouble finishing it, but lately I spent a lot of time improving everything in the game so hopefully some will like it in the end.

CaptainD

Cool retro graphics!  Looks very interesting.

Pixelton

No I mean no offence man, I really love the look of it, I just remember doing abit of artwork for you baco in the day thats all haha

Can't wait to give it a blast man.
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

Matti

Yeah, I remember this, very fallout-esque. Looking forward to it.

Btw, it says "strenght" instead of "strength".

Gepard

bicilotti

Sweet! You always amaze me Gepard!
post int the Recruit a Team thread to get a musician and some testers fast!

(I'd beta myself, but currently orowing :P)

Swordofkings128

Holy salami, this looks sweet :o! I'd love to beta-test this.

I also make music so I might be able to help there. :D

vaultdweller

Finally! I thought this was gone for good. Glad I was wrong :)

Turtiathan

I can test this game if you still need testers. The combat system looks interesting.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

You have a Skill called Skill?  I think you should come up with a different name, otherwise it seems redundant to have other skills along with it.  I'm not sure what 'skill' does so I can't recommend a replacement, however I will tell you that strength is misspelled in your list.

I like the general look to this.  Hopefully there won't be too much micromanagement (like needing to eat and drink constantly).

Gepard

Yes, well I'm not a native speaker so that's why I chose skill. It is supposed to represent how skilful or handy you are. Handicraft, knack, handiness? I don't know which to choose.

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 18/08/2011 13:21:08
I like the general look to this.  Hopefully there won't be too much micromanagement (like needing to eat and drink constantly).

Yes, you will have to drink and eat, but this is basically because different anomalies will infect you with different viruses. One reduces food level and another water level. And if you have zero food or water, your health will slightly decrease.

NickyNyce

How about ability...or Talent....maybe even expertise.... or proficiency.

Gepard

Thanks for the tip. I might use the ability unless... Is "skill" really incorrect? Does it not mean the same?

NickyNyce

The truth of the matter is...another word for ability is skill ...and some others....

It's just a bit weird because like ProgZmax mentioned...in your skills list..you have a skill called skill...seems kinda strange... 

Kweepa

Straight from the D&D stats: Dexterity? :)
Looks interesting!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

arj0n

Quote from: Gepard on Thu 18/08/2011 16:55:12
Thanks for the tip. I might use the ability unless... Is "skill" really incorrect? Does it not mean the same?
Maybe just give it a category name, like, for example, 'picklocking skill' or 'climbing skill'?

Gepard

Quote from: └» Arj0n «┘ on Thu 18/08/2011 19:01:57
Maybe just give it a category name, like, for example, 'picklocking skill' or 'climbing skill'?

Would like to but it includes more than just one ability :D

I think I'll just remove the skills label :)

Dualnames

Quote from: Kweepa on Thu 18/08/2011 19:00:24
Straight from the D&D stats: Dexterity? :)
Looks interesting!

Dexterity is definitely the best answer here.

Looks admittedly interesting, and without wanting to insult you, Gepard, you should get a proof-reader. It's no shame, I get one for myself here and there.
It'd be a shame to not be able to enjoy a what-seems-to-be a solid game, because of the spelling and grammar mistakes. That's all. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk