[RELEASED] Quasar, or why too much time in space is bad for you

Started by Radiant, Wed 27/07/2011 16:19:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Quasar
Spending too much time on a spaceship can make anybody edgy. Can the crew of the Quasar nevertheless learn to cooperate?

A high-resolution adventure game in six rooms, the main point of the game is to explore the possibilities of having multiple characters. You can switch between four of the crew members that each have their own skill set, and their own reactions to hotspots and to other characters.
Well, you can't switch characters at the beginning, because the characters are angry at one another and you need to figure out how to make them not angry any more. Once you've done that, you can switch. The puzzles in here shouldn't be too hard, it's mostly about exploring the different reactions.

Beta version. This is intended as the final beta, fingers crossed. The game is fully playable. Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports welcome.

Also, we're looking for voice actors as well as translators for the game; feel free to apply in this thread here.

Art by Elissa Ng; portraits by Joel Philip Page; music by Petros Tsoulkas; and script by yours truly.

Derrick Freeland

This looks really amazing.  I like that it involves playing multiple characters with multiple effects on hotspots.  It's good to see developers here really pushing the genre  :=

NickyNyce

The art style looks great, playing multiple characters always ups the experience, short but sweet is always welcome in anyones time frame, sounds like a homerun. 

And anything involving space gets me every time, I'm in.

Snake

Amazing, Radiant. This is absolutely great.

Are there try-outs for character portraits? I'm not too good with colors, but I am interested!

In any case, I'm looking forward to the final product :)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Radiant

Quote from: Snake on Thu 28/07/2011 03:57:11
Are there try-outs for character portraits? I'm not too good with colors, but I am interested!
Thank you! Well, that's easy enough, just pick your favorite character and make a sketch, and PM it to me for a try-out.

ddq

I'd like to offer my voice acting services. I'm an American male with a pretty wide range. I've done roles from badass to drunk and am completely dedicated to any role I take. For example, for a part in Grundislav's upcoming game (hmm I wonder which one huh maybe that one about the guy with the green pants), I stuck my head under a cold shower in order to prepare for a line where my character was cold, and another one where I ran around in circles to sound out of breath. I also hold the international record for fastest turnaround time for dialog after I recorded 820 lines for Igor Hardy the same day he gave me the script.

I'll play the demo and send you an audition for one of the character. The game looks kickass.

Nikolas

Well,

This DOES look amazing indeed! Well done Radiant and team. You continue to be an never stopping machine of adventure game creation!

I also just need to say hello to my fellow Greek citizen Petros! :) It's just a coincidence that you keep bumping to Greek composers? ;D

fred

I played the beta and like the characters and the premise so far. However, I seem to have found a small bug :
Spoiler
After I fixed the recording device and gave it to the owner, I asked her to help out and, as her, went to the bridge. In there, I got stuck when I talked to the captain, because none of the dialogue options ended the conversation.
[close]

Dualnames

Hello, Petros.
Always nice to see a fellow Greek.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I like the perspective and attention to detail in the background art.  :)

Tabata

The story sounds interesting and I like the graphics you posted!
You made me curious, so I will watch out for this game to come  ;)

Good luck!

micamic

High resolution ? It's 640x400 and you call it high res ?

Atelier

Radiant

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Quote from: fred on Thu 28/07/2011 21:17:38
I played the beta and like the characters and the premise so far. However, I seem to have found a small bug :
Well spotted, I'll have this fixed for the next release. Incidentally, you don't actually need to do this to complete the game.

Quote from: micamic on Fri 29/07/2011 21:53:23
High resolution ? It's 640x400 and you call it high res ?
The "change resolution" menu in AGS calls this high res, yes. The default resolution is 320x200, after all.

Also, question for you folks: I've gotten several offers for voice actors, but all of them so far are male. So to get Azure, Callisto, and Julie cast as well, does anyone have a suggestion on where to find more (female) voice actors?

Atelier

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 01/08/2011 12:41:17
does anyone have a suggestion on where to find more (female) voice actors?

Well you could always use the actors you already have, just ask them to squeeze their bollocks.

Michael2968

I think I found a bug in the game. At some point later in the game, after you get him out of the locked room, karst disappears.

Radiant

Quote from: mdm2968 on Tue 02/08/2011 00:35:57
I think I found a bug in the game. At some point later in the game, after you get him out of the locked room, karst disappears.
Can you reproduce this and/or send me a saved game?

Michael2968

How can I send a saved game to you?

Michael

Snake

You will find in the game's folder a file called "AGSsave001" (or similar) upload it and then PM it to him.

Next time please PM Radiant ;)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk