[COMPLETE] BAKE SALE: Barn Runner - The Rich Dame Who Cut The Cheese

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 02:10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Here is my offering for the exciting and mysterious AGS Bake Sale (happening December 1st Christmas-ish. Be sure to tell all your friends!)

BARN RUNNER
The Rich Dame Who Cut The Cheese
AGS Bake Sale 2011
The best lounge band in the city

Prick stands in awe before the largest TV he has ever seen

In this Barn Runner story (exclusive to the AGS Bake Sale), Prick Peckard must find out which of the rich patrons in the city's newest ritzy restaurant stole a wheel of priceless, pre-apocalypse, real moo cow cheese. Turns out there are some real low-lifes in high society, but Prick must gather the clues and get to the bottom of the caper before the lunch hour is over.

Justice will be served on December 1, 2011 "Close To Christmas", but only to those who pony up a small amount dough for the AGS Bake Sale. Don't be shy! There's plenty of homemade gaming goodness to go around for everyone! See you there!  

------------
UPDATE: November 21
Changed the screenshots to reflect the latest build of the game.

Tabata

A new sexy adv. with Prick for christmas to come ...
and did I read something about cheese?   

You know what I need ;)

ThreeOhFour

Oh Mayor DuChamp...

I don't think I've ever been so interested in the news  := :-[

tzachs

You're making another Barn Runner game?
I am shocked!  :o
I was not expecting that at all...
And also, these are some cracking news you've got there..  :D

Matt Frith

Whee, this game looks fun AND sexy.

Looking forward to another Barn Runner spectacular!

WHAM

Yay! Boobies!

. . . . .

What? There is a game involved too!? Cool!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Dualnames

What day is it today, F@$@# XMAS?
PONCH YOU B@#@#D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grundislav

This will be a delicious cookie, my mouth is already watering!

Kimbra

you guys are kiddin... aren't you?

~~~> totally DISGUSTING <~~~

just sayin...

Ponch

Thanks, guys!

I thought about making a non-Barn Runner game. And then I had a nifty idea for one. But there was no way I was going to be able to make it in the time allotted, so I went with what I had the most resources available for.

In my defense, this game will be pretty different from most Barn Runner games. Prick will actually have to do a little detective work, as opposed to how most of my games play out in which the story begins after he's figured out whodunnit and must track them down and shoot the hell out of them.

This time around, he has no idea who did it, and must question everyone in the restaurant and try to pick out inconsistencies in their stories and try to discern how they feel about the other people present to see if one is trying to set up another.

The game ends when Prick announces who he thinks did it. He can accuse almost anyone present, but how can you know if you accused the right person or not? So many innocent people to imprison accidentally!

Plus it features a big, endlessly looping room. I've always wanted to do one of those! :D

I hope you guys like it!

Quote from: Kimbra on Sat 22/10/2011 15:54:10
you guys are kiddin... aren't you?

~~~> totally DISGUSTING <~~~

just sayin...

Can you elaborate on that just a bit?  ???

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

If this game produces a code for a future Barn Runner I will come to your house and kill you in your bathroom!

:D

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sat 22/10/2011 19:24:34
If this game produces a code for a future Barn Runner I will come to your house and kill you in your bathroom!

:D

Y'know, I hadn't considered putting campaign codes in this game, but now that you mention it...  ;)

Ilyich

So... This looks good! :D

I'm yet to catch up with the series, but I'm already on the Forever Friday part 3, so this is coming at a right time for me.

And there could never be too many tacky, vulgar, gaudy, tasteless, hilarious and wonderful games like the Barn Runner ones. NEVER! So get cracking already!

Ponch

Quote from: Ilyich on Sun 23/10/2011 17:11:00
there could never be too many tacky, vulgar, gaudy, tasteless, hilarious and wonderful games like the Barn Runner ones. NEVER! So get cracking already!

Hey, man. I'm drawing boobies as fast as I can. But I'm just one man! I have my limits! I'm not some sort of boobie drawing machine (which I pray to God is never built or else I am right out of a job!)

Armageddon

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 23/10/2011 23:17:13
Quote from: Ilyich on Sun 23/10/2011 17:11:00
there could never be too many tacky, vulgar, gaudy, tasteless, hilarious and wonderful games like the Barn Runner ones. NEVER! So get cracking already!

Hey, man. I'm drawing boobies as fast as I can. But I'm just one man! I have my limits! I'm not some sort of boobie drawing machine (which I pray to God is never built or else I am right out of a job!)
Maybe ye vould go vaster if ye vould stop vlooking at zhe Bake Vale thread every vive minutes? MMMMMM :D

I can't wait, Barn Runner is awrsome!

Dualnames

Ponch, new kids use all these new words. Does vulgar means BOOBIES?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 24/10/2011 00:22:22
Ponch, new kids use all these new words. Does vulgar means BOOBIES?

There's nothing vulgar about boobies, Dual. No, sir... (cue soft, inspirational music)... Boobies are magical, wondrous things. Boobies make the world go round. There wouldn't be civilization without boobies, Dual. And one day, when you're a little older, you'll come to appreciate boobies and all they've done for Mankind.  ;)

Ponch

BUMP!

Swapped out those old and dusty screen shots with a pair that shows what the game looks like at this stage of development.  8)

Game is on track to be finished by December 1st (or thereabouts)  ;D

BLUEKNIGHT38

Cool!  How much is this going to cost?  It will be worth it.  December's almost here.  YES!!!!

Ponch

Quote from: BLUEKNIGHT38 on Thu 24/11/2011 19:15:32
Cool!  How much is this going to cost?  It will be worth it.  December's almost here.  YES!!!!

The bundle goes on sale Jan 15th. And it costs as much as you'd like to pay. But since it will contain many great games, and we're raising money for the charity Child's Play, I hope you'll dig deep.  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk