Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

UPDATE:
Number of bundles sold: 1074
Total earned: $4191.98

UPDATE:
WHAM Is Making "Let's Play" Videos

UPDATE 4:
Three weeks left. Almost to 4000 dollars!

UPDATE 3:

UPDATE 2:
BAKE SALE IS NOW UNDERWAY!!

UPDATE 1:
BAKE SALE WEBSITE!
NOW WITH 100% MORE INTERWEBS THAN BEFORE!!

Tell your friends! Spread the word!

That's right! Against all odds, we, the unbearably sexy members of the mysterious Baker's Dozen, have delivered the thirteen morsels of gaming goodness we pledged to deliver (plus one more, because thirteen is unlucky).

Here are the games that will be featured in the first AGS Bake Sale:

9 Months In
by Tzachs, Noavana, and gameboy

Abner The Amazing
by poc301 and LocutusOfBored

Barn Runner: The Rich Dame Who Cut The Cheese
by Ponch

Ben Chandler, Paranormal Investigator - In Search Of The Sweets Tin
by Grundislav

Entrapment
by Tenacious Stu

Escape The Barn
by Cat

Falling Skyward
by ThreeOhFour

Fragment
by Kaputtnik and ThreeOhFour

Indiana Rodent and the Raiders Of The Lost Cheese
by Radiant

The Rail
by Technocrat

RAM Ghost
by Ghost

Red Volition
by Hofmeier

Retina
by Dualnames

Zombie Attack
by ShiverMeSideways

Thanks for the support, AGS Community. We'll see you on January 20th.  :-*

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sat 22/10/2011 05:28:55
...What?

We're having a bake sale. The AGS Bake Sale to be exact.

In mid to late December, just before Christmas, a bunch of us are going to release a bundle of games under a "pay what you like" model. The money raised from the bake sale will be going to a good cause: buying a new server for the AGS community.

What's not to love?  :D

(Members of the bake sale will be revealed as they unveil their games in the Games In Production thread over the next few days).

Armageddon

I'm guessing we have to use AGS to make the games if we want to participate in this?

Or is it only for the, 'BEST OF THE BEST' people?

Ponch

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 22/10/2011 06:28:12
I'm guessing we have to use AGS to make the games if we want to participate in this?

If by "best of the best" you mean "I really, really want to make a game for this event and can have it in by December 15th or so" then, yeah, we're a pretty exclusive group!

When you post your game in the "Games in Production" forum, please include the "BAKE SALE" tag in the title. (And please only announce a game for the bake sale if you're fairly certain you will actually be able make a complete game by the deadline.)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 22/10/2011 06:28:12

Aye, the extent of our elitism is "Will be willing to donate a game to a fund-raiser from which all proceeds are intended to be spent on an AGS server" and "Will be able to complete this game by around the middle of December".

If you've any questions, PM Ponch or myself. Or both of us.  :)

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sat 22/10/2011 06:44:58
Aye, the extent of our elitism is "Will be willing to donate a game to a fund-raiser from which all proceeds are intended to be spent on an AGS server" and "Will be able to complete this game by around the middle of December".

Ah yes, good points. Smart man to point out the bit about the money raised. I'm glad someone with some sense is making sure things run smoothly behind the scenes. Whoever put you in charge made a good decision to let you make as many decisions as possible. Smart thinking!  8)

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 22/10/2011 06:39:57When you post your game in the "Games in Production" forum, please include the "BAKE SALE" tag in the title. (And please only announce a game for the bake sale if you're fairly certain you will actually be able make a complete game by the deadline.)

And, above all else, make sure it complies with the forum rules!!  </sith>

Glad to see you guys finally announce the secret... I can finally take off these leather pants and get back to wearing speedos like normal people do.

Let me know when you want to make that sticky thread we discussed (if you still want) and we'll get it done!

KodiakBehr

What a great idea.  I'll keep my wallet ready.
What's the story behind the AGS server?

Ponch

Darth: Launch the sticky thread when you're ready to do so. As this thing grows in size, it will be invaluable in helping people keep track of all the games being made for the bake sale. Thanks!  :D

Kodiak: Thanks for your support. The story behind the server is we need a new one. For the longest time, we've talked about a new design for the front page. A lot of work was even done towards that end, but ultimately nothing came of it. The bake sale may be the impetus to get that back on track. Also there have been issues regarding uptime and various forum functions not quite working as they should. We hope to raise both the cash and the interest needed to address those issues and make this community an even awesome-r place to be on the interwebs. :)

Tabata

Ohh!  :o

I can't tell, how much I love you all my little superheroes,
working hard for saving our little virtual world!

... and that doesn't depend on if
or whatever kind of pants you prefer to wear ;)

*Tabby puts on her best pants for dancing in happiness*

Buckethead

There are not enough brownies and/or pancakes in this thread.  :(

Ghost

[edit]
What's really cool: Since even the secret bakers had no idea what the other secret bakers were up to... this is a supersecretive all-outing!

tzachs

You just wait Buckethead, from what I understand, there are still some brownies & pancakes in the oven...
And I just got my appetite!

Wonkyth

What the fuck is it with people stealing all my awesome ideas?!  
First the AGS band, and now this?!  :P

I guess the awesomeness of my thoughts is so much that it leaks into the heads of nearby lesser mortals.  :=

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Good luck.  ;)
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Frodo

I have a special 'Bake Sale' piggy bank, just for this event.   ;D

Roll on mid-December   :)

WHAM

I demand to see a character from Ghost's game on page 3!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Frodo

All the games announced so far, look AMAZING   ;D

Chicky

I'm a little gutted there's been a super secret AGS group for the elite members  :'(

But i guess this is what happens when members like me lurk for 9 years without contributing anything!

Beautiful games guys and a very worthwhile cause!

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 22/10/2011 10:04:31
What's really cool: Since even the secret bakers had no idea what the other secret bakers were up to... this is a supersecretive all-outing!

Very true! I knew who the members of the original Baker's Dozen* were, but I had no idea what any of them were working on. Watching these people trot out screenshots from the games they've been working on for the last month is really cool. There are some really great ideas for games in this secret society -- and also another Barn Runner game!  :=

I hope lots of you guys are following Frodo's example and starting a piggy bank fund. This "pay what you like" pricing scheme depends a lot on you guys deciding that "one shiny penny should do" is the wrong attitude and ponying up a bit more than that.  ;)

Lastly, I expect to see Ghost's character on page three any week now. Although I'm not sure that's necessary. If you look at the screenshots, you've already seen every thing page three would have to offer. :D

Thanks for the outpouring of support so far, guys!  ;D

- Ponch
* There were 13 of us originally, plus Darth and a certain Greek blogger who promised us exciting and interesting write ups about us on a certain blog. Said articles have yet to appear. But I remain hopeful. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk