The Visitor 2

Started by NickyNyce, Thu 22/12/2011 21:49:05

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyNyce

>> GAME IS RELEASED <<
(click to view completed games thread)

In the Visitor 2 you will be able to switch between two characters at almost anytime during the game, you will use these Aliens to reach their final goal. There will also be a mystery character that you can control for a short period of time. You will be able to play this game the way you want to, but at certain points switching to the other character will be a must in order to complete certain puzzles. What's the final goal you ask...well, it goes something like this...

STORY
After barely escaping Earth in the Visitor, Agent Moss told everyone on Omega 1 how he survived (kinda). Juicing up his story to gain fame, Agent Moss told everyone how he fought off giant spiders, growling dogs, hissing cats and an army of humans by using only his bare hands and large pulsing brain.

After hearing Moss's amazing story, Omega 1 turned him into a Special Agent sent to do a special mission. Moss and two aliens are sent to find some agents that went missing 5 days ago. The problem is, the humans have got to them already, and they're now being held in some sort of lab/military base. Agent Moss is now thrust into this life threatening situation, and knows full well that he's a fraud.

Wishing he was back to his old job of abducting humans from a safe distance, he must now venture off with his fellow aliens, Slug and Scar, to find these captured Agents. Help these aliens complete their mission and return home heros.

Story                  100%
                                                                                             Scripting             100%
                                                                                             Graphics             100%
                                                                                             Sound/music       100%
                                                                                             Completion         100%

miguel

Great news Nick!
I'll be waiting for this!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Fitz

Dude, you're on a roll! :) I'm still yet to play the original Visitor (only because when I'm not superbusy - I'm supertired... or super-brain-dead :P - but rest assured, it's on my MUST PLAY ASAP list) and here you are, making a sequel already! Looks awesome, too. And I just love the aliens' grim attitude! Sounds SO much like Gray, the main protagonist in my little game :)

NickyNyce

Thanks guys, the game is coming along nicely, I planned on a short game, but it's already starting to grow out of control.

@Fitz .. I admit that I have gone AGS crazy the past 8 months. I like Aliens, and I like grim attitudes too. There seems to be a little rise in alien invasions around here...I like it. I'm patiently waiting for Gray, I really love the animations and limited palette.

m0ds

Best of luck Nicky! What we see at AdventureX looked great, everyone loved the pumping music and crew of aliens. There was also some specific laughter when we showed the first game and Moss "danced"...haha... But yes, hope you succeed with this one, and remember back it up! :)

Tabata

Quote from: NickyNyce on Tue 27/12/2011 16:27:14
... the game is coming along nicely,...  it's already starting to lengthen.

Yeeeeehaaaa! 

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 27/12/2011 16:43:03
Best of luck Nicky! ... and remember back it up! :)

+ 1   ...   and   ...   + another (big) 1 

gameboy

You're productive! Those night scenes look very good.

Hope the sequel will live up to the awesomeness of the first game. Nah, I'm sure it will. 8)

NickyNyce

@m0ds....Yep, backing up is the number one priority, glad you guys got a little kick out of it over there. The music isn't for everyone, but I thought it was fitting for the opening scene.

@gameboy... Sometimes no matter how many hours you spend drawing and thinking, nothing seems to get done. But things are moving along and expanding. As long as the game makes it to the CG forum, it WILL be better. Now draw something for the competitions around here so I can add it to a picture frame in the game  ;)

@Tabata...I added your UFO to the inventory BG, too cool to pass up on  ;D

NickyNyce

Progress is slow but steady... Here's a few screenshots and a couple of BG's. Most of the art is mine, with a bit of rips here and there to save a poor guy some time  :(

steptoe

Nice graphics NickyNyce

Can't wait to give it a whirl  :=

Steptoe
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

m0ds

Lots of great detail there!

NickyNyce

@steptoe...Thanks, MS paint is damaging my brain, seriously, I am doing things the hard way when it comes to the art.

@m0ds...Lots has been added to this game from the first. Dialog system, more GUI's, less mundane tasks, more detail, more animations, more story and you can die too. And lets not forget that I love puzzles!

I'm really trying to improve from the first game in every aspect. What was planned as a short game has turned into a full blown mission, it will all be worth it. Thanks for the pat on the back, it helps to keep me going.

steptoe

Hi

Nicky, have you tried PaintShop Pro? (cheaper version of PhotoShop)

steptoe
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Fitz

Dude, you're doing THIS in Paint? :o I'm doing *most* of my game in Paint - but it's fairly simple, with only four colors - and still, there are some things that I just couldn't possibly do without Gimp or xRes (an old, oooold, but very cool program). So basically... wow!

NickyNyce

Yes...It is true...I am insane. I tried Gimp and Paint.net and just couldn't get the hang of them fast enough. I didn't want to stop and learn how to use them, so I just kept using MS while learning AGS. I sacrificed the time to learn a new paint program with being able to use MS paint, slow but effectively. It's the animations that are a real bitch, no layers or handy tricks, but I'm still pleased with the outcome. Without a doubt this is my last project doing things this way.

Made some good progress over the past week, at this rate, I'm hoping to be done around May or June. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of never being happy and always wanting to improve things, good thing for those who play it, but very time consuming for me. Only about 15-20 more BG to go  :D

Always nice to hear people liking the art style, so thanks guys. 

NickyNyce

Characters are now switchable at anytime. Have one secure the outside of the NASA base while one infiltrates from the roof, it's the perfect plan....*scratch that*....this is an adventure game, there are no perfect plans.

Tabata

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sun 25/03/2012 14:22:54
Characters are now switchable at anytime.

COOL NEWS!

Now go on like this and don't get into spinning   ;)

... looks really good -  eagerly waiting for your second "crash landing"!   ;D

miguel

I had the pleasure of playing a bit with this new instalment and I assure you that even the beta I played is already a very solid and fun game. There's already a huge amount of BG's and animations comparing to the AGS average standard game.
This game mechanics is more complex than the first one and should take a while to pull it off but Nick is a perfectionist and we can expect a wonderful game!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

NickyNyce

Thanks fellow adventurers, the game is coming along nicely with your help and testing. Switching between characters opens up a whole new world for story and puzzles, I hope I can do it justice.

@Tabata...It's hard to get anything done when both my hands are holding my head from spinning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk