Zombie Attack (Bake Sale) (demo inside) (2nd interview!)

Started by ShiverMeSideways, Sun 08/01/2012 20:18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

ShiverMeSideways

Finally, after many a month, 10000 lines of code and 400 sprites later, I present to you:

Made especially for the 2012 AGS Bake Sale! Buy the game with the bundle!!!

Download DEMO from AGS games page
Download DEMO from AGS Archives

(Demo contains two levels, one from Episode 1, and one from Episode 2)

Full game will be available with the AGS Bake Sale bundle, on the 20th of January!

Review Fix has also interviewed me about the game, this is so exciting!
The AGS Blog posted an interview with me, my very first, read it here!

Zombie Attack is a top-down shoot 'em up inspired by '90s video games like Doom. The player must navigate treacherous levels, kill hordes of monsters and finally, defeat Satan and stop him from taking over Earth!

Zombie Attack relies on meta-content, so through more and more game sessions, the player will unlock new items, new difficulties, as well as new characters and achievements!

6 fully-randomized levels across 3 episodes (that can lead up to over 100 rooms!)
49 special items!
12 weapons!
14 monsters and 16 bosses!
7 playable characters!
10 achievements
Old-school midi soundtrack and even older-school sound effects!

Screenshots!

Well, there goes the neighbourhood!

Use special items to bring fiery, and somewhat weird, death to your foes!

Need that extra clip of pistol ammo? Want some buckshot? Then come on down to our store and see other ways fate can screw you over!

Fight against scary bosses (these dissapear and re-appear, yikes)!

Travel to exotic new lands to meet exotic new people! And kill them with exotic new weapons!

Dualnames

Congratulations Shivers. Haven't I been amazingly busy, I would have seen more of it. *grumble* *grumble*
Reagrdless, an amazing game, from the few of it, I've had the luck to play.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

I had the pleasure to test this babe, and mark my words, this is pure, concentrated retro goodness.
Congrats on finishing it, Shivers!

DoorKnobHandle

Yes, I also tested this release and it's really freaking awesome! I LOVE the music especially, incredible job there, SMS!

miguel

Did a quick run and yes, it feels pretty cool and retro in a good way!

Good job, the full game should be very entertaining and I imagine it has a lot of replay value.
Congratulations!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Radiant

That's a very interesting usage of AGS. Thumbs up!

ShiverMeSideways

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 09/01/2012 00:21:59Congratulations Shivers. Haven't I been amazingly busy, I would have seen more of it. *grumble* *grumble*
Reagrdless, an amazing game, from the few of it, I've had the luck to play.

Thanks, Dualnames, it's great to hear from you again, maybe we can trade under the counter, I'm really curious how your game turned out! :)

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 09/01/2012 10:15:25I had the pleasure to test this babe, and mark my words, this is pure, concentrated retro goodness.
Congrats on finishing it, Shivers!

Thanks, Ghost, you know I couldn't have done without you!

Quote from: dkh on Mon 09/01/2012 11:45:53Yes, I also tested this release and it's really freaking awesome! I LOVE the music especially, incredible job there, SMS!

Or you! Great, I'm really glad you liked the music, I just wish I could've actually done a more "live" thing, not just plain midi, but hey, it's a feature! :D

Quote from: miguel on Mon 09/01/2012 16:11:53Did a quick run and yes, it feels pretty cool and retro in a good way!

Good job, the full game should be very entertaining and I imagine it has a lot of replay value.
Congratulations!

Thanks, I can only hope that the extra meta-features will add to its replayability and it's life, that's why I was really keen on putting them in there.

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 09/01/2012 16:42:41That's a very interesting usage of AGS. Thumbs up!

Thanks, Radiant, that means a lot coming from you, I hope to keep the usage of AGS to "interesting levels" in the future! :)

ThreeOhFour

Haha oh man, I get such a great Doom vibe from this!

Beautiful work man, it plays smoothly and is very fun!

ShiverMeSideways

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Thu 12/01/2012 10:08:31Haha oh man, I get such a great Doom vibe from this!

Beautiful work man, it plays smoothly and is very fun!

Thanks, dude, I'm glad the gameplay is ok, that was the focus after all! :D

Also, in case everyone missed it, I gave my very first interview ever! It's on the AGS Blog, read it here!

selmiak

so cool, so addictive, so much better than the bindings of isaac :D
When is this bake sale finally happening?

Tabata

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 19/01/2012 01:17:15
When is this bake sale finally happening?

... from January 20th to Ferurary 29th ... we can get them ALL  :D

Dualnames

I've played the newest version, and I can't recommend this game enough. I'm still nowhere near the end of it, still on difficulty "Can I play Daddy", but this is awesomeeeee!!!

EDIT: I'm playing my beta.  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

selmiak

ohnoes, it crashed...

I was fighting the Spectre boss and perhaps there were too many enemies spawned?

ShiverMeSideways

Dammit, no, that's because there were too many objects on the screen. You see, since the Spectre of the Past spawns crates to try and box you in, if you don't clear them, the game just keeps counting more and more objects. 50 was the limit, but it seems that was a bit too arbitrary. In order to change it, I need to go digging through the code and fix it, but unless a lot of other complaints about this come through, I don't think I'll do that too soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk