Band Logo

Started by Atelier, Wed 11/04/2012 15:11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Hi guys, this isn't game-related but I hope you can help me anyway.

Somebody asked me to design a logo for their band, smurf. They produce house/club dance music.

This was the design I thought of. Quite simply I like the idea but it turned out really crap. It seems too cartoony.

Any advice on how to make it more professional will be appreciated.

Anian

Too complicated for a logo, you need to condense the idea.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

cat

It has to be possible to print it on a t-shirt, this has too much detail.

Moresco

Is it supposed to be printed on a shirt?  There's no reason you can't do a full-color version for album artwork and a low-color version for a t-shirt.   I like it...not sure about the band name though. ha.   Maybe draw up a low-key version in a different style and see how that looks.  But you could definitely keep that version, it's kinda nice.
::: Mastodon :::

steptoe

With a name like Smurf...

A lot depends if the band name is a kind of 'take' on the Smurfs or not..

I was once in a band named barefoot and we used to have a foot print on our t-shirts.
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I like the equalizer effect.  One thing I'd suggest is have the letters in Smurf follow the pattern of the equalizer levels, so if you have the equalizer produce a more 'wavy' pulse you can vary the height of the letters to match.

Snarky

To simplify it, I think you should have just one band per for each segment of the letters (so, 2 for s, 3 for m, 3 for u, 2 for r, 2 for f).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk