Chrome forum problem

Started by Meystari F, Fri 25/05/2012 22:42:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Meystari F

About this AGS forums.  Why does that not work on Google Chrome?

I'm using now the old Windows Explorer to be able to get in this brand new forums. But it works best with windows Explorer browser.

AGA

Fribbi, what do you mean by "does that not work"?  We can't help you if we don't know what the exact problem is!

Meystari F

Quote from: AGA on Sat 26/05/2012 00:44:47
Fribbi, what do you mean by "does that not work"?  We can't help you if we don't know what the exact problem is!

Have you ever tried to go on this website with Google chrome browser?

The AGS webpage looks then much different then.
But when I go on this site with the good old windows explorer 9 web browser. The webpage looks good as it should be.

I just can't explain this better.

ThreeOhFour

Perhaps it would be helpful to take a screenshot so that AGA can see your issues exactly, if you cannot describe them?

Khris

Looking at this page with Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m, the forums look exactly as they should, and exactly the same as in Firefox.

monkey0506

Meystari F

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Wed 30/05/2012 09:43:01
Perhaps it would be helpful to take a screenshot so that AGA can see your issues exactly, if you cannot describe them?

Sorry Snarky, I'll remember that next time when I report errors.

Ok here is a two screenshot from my view when I use Google chrome version 19.0.1084.52 m

[IMG=http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6571/chromeiw.jpg]http://[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know why this happen when I'm using Google chrome.

So this is why I have to use explorer when I visit AGS.

-----
Edit.
I don't know why the first image don't works here. But click on the link to see the first image.

Ryan Timothy B

This generally means your browser is trying to use your cached CSS file instead of the new version.

Press Ctrl + F5  or Ctrl + R  to do a full refresh.

Shouldn't the CSS files been coded with a version date? I believe it's possible, but I'm no CSS/HTML genius.

Khris

Looks more like the stylesheets aren't loaded at all.

Your Chrome could be infected by Malware. Check the installed Add-ons for anything spammy or otherwise suspicious.
I suggest getting the free version of malwarebytes and doing a scan, just to be safe.
I was on a really messy computer a few weeks ago and chrome displayed an add-on bar _inside_ the html window...

Meystari F

It works now. I finally solved the problem.

If I close my "adblock"  when I visit this page the forums and AGS works fine then.

Strange... But I just have to remember to close my "ad block" for now on.

Edit-

I have deleted the extension "Adblock". I'm using Adblock Plus now. This page works fine now with my Google Chrome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk