Jailbreak - SUMMERBATCH!!

Started by Rocco, Thu 31/05/2012 22:00:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocco

An intrigue has brought you to prison, so your goal is to escape and find the evil who brought you in this mess.

Game Facts:
- Stealth Game -
- 4 Levels -
- Beat'm Up Mingame -
- Driving Sequence -

Game Technics:
800x600 32bit
Top-Down View
Keyboardcontrol (Mousecontrol optional)

WIP Screenies:

WIP-Music Snippet:
Short Jailbreak Credits Screen - Single String Demo

additional Infos:
The Game is intented to be part of the Summerbatch Bundle, so if i can hit the Deadline, its my first Game who will be sold worldwide, commercial..... Wohoohooohooooo
Its also the first time (ok, the first and a half considering Airbreak  :P), where i try to combine my ambitions to make games and music.
So i try to compose and record the whole gamemusic bymyself, which is a frightening task, cause differently to work with AGS where i'm roughly know what im doing (or where i found Khris PN-Button to make him mad ;)),
i'm a relative unexperienced in homerecording, so we will see or better hear what comes around.

(Mods edit - fixed broken link)

arj0n

Very very interesting rocco!

(Reminds me a bit of 'City of Thieves' ;) )

m0ds

Good man Rocco! Nice of you to GIP it here. Definitely got a soft spot for top down material, best of luck!

Rocco

Thanks for the comments.  ;-D
Yeah seems that i'm into my great top down period. :) 
but not limited, cause for the Beat 'm up part it changes to sideview.

WIP-Screenie (GUI has been disabled for beauty reasons)

I'm happy to say, the game is nearly featurecomplete, and i can slowly start now to focus on the actual gameplay.  :P 

CaptainD

Oh cool it's a dancing mini-game!

Uh... sorry, I was looking at it wrong...  ;-D

What you've shown so far looks cool Rocco - nice to see someone trying to make a different type of game too.  Don't recall too many stealth games made with AGS!

Rocco

So Endspurt, actually today is Deadline, but the game isnt still finished.   :-[
But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, Sunday finished beta version and in the next few days the final Game.

New Screenies and Music:

Music during driving -> Drive.mp3

Escapedriving:

Prison inside:

and the final Titelscreen:

to come:
Screenies of the Dancing minigame sequenz.  ;)

Andail

Always nice to see when AGS is being used for something outside the ol' adventure box :)
Looking fun, hope you can finish it soon!

AJA

Yay, looking very interesting! Can't wait to see the game in action. And scratch my head thinking how many hoops you've had to jump through to get something like this made in AGS. :)

Good luck, I hope you'll make the deadline!

Stupot

This looks cool. Packed full of features.
Any idea on a release date?

Rocco

It must be finished next week.  :P

Quote from: AJA on Fri 20/07/2012 21:08:04
Yay, looking very interesting! Can't wait to see the game in action. And scratch my head thinking how many hoops you've had to jump through to get something like this made in AGS. :)

Good luck, I hope you'll make the deadline!
Yes there were some hoops. :)
The biggest is my naive optimism on how long I will need to create a game, its always the same.  (roll)
Im looking forward to finish this damn thing next week, and after that have the time to play barely floating and all other summerbatch games.
i will fully enjoy it then.  :-D

Rocco

finished the 3rd score right now, which will be the last for now.
MUSIC -> JAILBREAK Score 3

kconan

Man this looks like a blast!  Cool concept and graphic design.

CaptainD

Where are the dancing mini-game screenshots you promised?!?!  I demand to see the dancing mini-game in action!  :P

EKM

This looks awesome.

Stealth is my favourite game genre/category next to fighting and RPG. I really can't wait to play this one.

m0ds

Testing has begun, very impressed with the detection mode, and had fun running round the jail like a nutter with guards chasing me ;)

Rocco

I'm glad you liked it. :)

Now the end is near...

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 25/07/2012 11:53:57
Where are the dancing mini-game screenshots you promised?!?!  I demand to see the dancing mini-game in action!  :P
Sorry for the little delay, here it is, dancing on the street and in jailyard:  :P

and another two:

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk