Bolt Action

Started by kconan, Tue 31/07/2012 14:28:42

Previous topic - Next topic

kconan

I've managed to beat the feature creep monster and finally finish (barring a version 1.1 if needed for fixes or something) my first game!  A few years ago I got the idea that it would be pretty funny if a hero was trying to save the planet while everyone else cowers and/or cracks wise.  It has taken quite a while to finish what is basically a one-room game, though this is partly due to development centering around having fun moreso than buckling down with deadlines.  Anyway, enjoy!

One genetically designed man along with an inept, insulting, and cowardly scientist must save the World from his evil twin brother and hordes of zombies!

Features:

• Zombie blastin' action
  • A deep, emotional backstory that rivals the classic works of...Ok scratch that one
  • Variety of weapons
  • Ungrateful innocent civilians
  • Chuckle inducing mad scientist
  • Zombie piledrivers

Thanks to Pinback for his stunning background, Ponch for patiently testing, and SSH for making some awesome modules!

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1590

Ponch

Simply the largest one room zombie game you will ever play. I'm proud to have been a part of this.  ;-D

Igor Hardy

Looks blastin! will need to play.

kconan

Ponch: I'm proud that you're proud.

Ascovel: Yes, inordinate amounts of blastin.

I'm having some retro-style commercial boxes made (along with DVD and a few other things), just for fun and to give out to the folks that contributed to the game.  I'll put up a photo or two when I get them in a few weeks.

kconan

The boxes came out ok as long as you don't look closely, and can ignore the white stuff on the back and side left over from the printing process (had them cheaply made).  I mainly modeled it after the Atari 2600 River Raid box.  Use the Fallout bobblehead for size comparison :)  Outside of the box (no pun I promise), I'll quietly release a 1.1 version in a month or so that fixes one super-rare error and adds a minor feature.

Ponch

The box looks very cool, Kconan. The retro design makes me wish I still had my Atari 2600.

"Exclusively for PC"? So there's no chance this will get ported to my Super Nintendo?  :=

Also, nice clock.  :cool:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk