Maxs Parade (MAGS May 2003)

Started by Mikko, Thu 29/05/2003 18:31:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikko

While reading all this bullshit, click here and after reading you're ready to start* the game!

*Unless you have slow connection or you're very fast reader.

Finally, in the very last possible day, I'm proud to announce my competing game of MAGS to be finished and ready for judges and other people to play!

MAXS PARADE

Maxs Parade is a game about angry sketch, Maxs Parade, who finds out that his creator has been lazy as hell and that the game in which he should be the greatest star is never going to be ready. Here begins the quest of finishing the game, but as you and Maxs will soon notice, nothing is too easy.

Features:
- Angry Scott Scotch sketch as a player character (!)
- 320x240 resolution (!)
- Unnecessary hi-color backrounds (!)
- Just enough rooms to meet the demands of MAGS jury (!)
- Idle animation (!)
- Pun filled name (!)
- Easter egg (at least if I understood what this should be...)
- Inappropriate language (!)
- Many miss-spellings (<- you see!)
- "Babe" (!!!)
- Bastard AGSer (!)
- Etc. (!)

Keep in mind that some of the jokes might require a deeper knowledge of AGS-community (like I had some, heh...) to be understood and even more importantly they need sleepyness and slight insanity to be considered funny.

Now you hopefully have the game downloaded, so you're ready to start. If you still hesitate, see this actual gameplay screenshot and you're pressing teh Del -key faster than ever!

The game is CommentWare, so everyone who should play the game should comment it by at least one word. Post your comments in either here or directly to me in my mailbox, which I'll be checking every minute to see if anyone has commented my game. This is my second game and the feedback I get will have high importance when I'm thinking of further gamemaking.

DISCLAIMER:
I'll take no responsibility of anything. But hey, you can still come beat me up. :)

Barcik

Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

magintz

I loved it, the ending was good.

You win the MAGS MAy as you were the only entrant. As we gave you an extension there isn't really too much time to let you make the rules. We have created some, but if you would like to input into the ideas check the PM i sent.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Pet Terry

Downloading now! It's always good to see some Finnish AGSer to release something :) I'll comment it later.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Mikko

Yay! A MAGS winner! I couldn't have guessed! ;)

Magintz:
No worries about me not having chance to add to the rules. I'll probably try doing something next month again, so it's better to have rules ready. I PM some of my first opinions soon, though.

About the game, I actually had to make it end quicker than thought, but hey, if you liked it then that's good. :)

Thank you, Barcik, for your kind words.

Did you find the secret area too, Evil? ;)

Petteri: Yeah, everything we Finns release is top notch!

wOoDz

liked it too....well done!

woodz

Pet Terry

Good and funny little game :) The story is great and there's funny moments. Good job!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Nostradamus

very amusing little game.

The whole concept of being a sketch character on the sketch paper was awesome.

Mikko

Thank you wOoDz & Petteri.

Nostradamus:
I was afraid that it would turn out too sketchy and people would turn me down because of that, but at least yet everyone has been very positive with the game, thanks. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk