Ignac screen

Started by Igor, Sat 28/06/2003 10:43:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor

Soon there will be uploaded a non-playable teaser trailer of the upcoming Ignac2... so, as a little before-taste, here's one screen from playing part of the game.
To be completely honest, i'm not really satisfied with such look. I wanted to use Painter for backgrounds, but it's so damn slow on my computer, that it was close to useless (sometimes i had to wait for 3 seconds to see applied lines/colors, which makes Painter (that works on classical coloring principal- color above mixes with color underneath) impossible to use.

Eggie

As usual you've done a sublime job whatever program you used.

Ali

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic! Just painfully good.

evilspacefart

:o :o :o
Holy mackarel! first the FoY tutorials, now this work of art!
frickin' amazing... can I buy you a drink?

Neole

This will be like playing a disney cartoon, even better than toonstruck! Love his expression!

Scummbuddy

Yeah! another screenshot to this fantiasticly drawn game

The door to the right, why is it so small? Is there a point to it being that way for the game?

The lighting on the corkboard to the right seems a bit odd too.

Nice mug graphic for inventory  ;)

Sorry for being the first to criticize, but everyone else just said what I wanted to about your art, but you've known me for liking your art all over.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Miez

Gaaaaaah! ab-so-lu-te-ly fab-f*ckingtastic artwork!

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Whoo, another 'Igor'.

Fantastic work as usual!

Myeah, I hear you about painter, but try painter 8, there's a demo out. Its tons faster, as long as you dont load up the brush creator. :|

Ionias

Great work Igor! How do you create such anti-aliased lines? Are you working with vectors for your backgrounds?

I've been testing out vectors ... and I've discovered after a few layers my computer slows to a halt. :)

Nacho

I know the rules of the forum say that is we can´t make C+C is better to shut up... but we can´t criticise that... It´s superb!!!
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

danny*

me..no..can..express.. how....feel i,...

so tell me again.....what was it that you are not satisfied with???????????(you bloody perfectionist!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P)

jannar85

Brilliant, Igor! ;D
Btw.. you remembered what I wanted to do before you release this pearl? ;)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

james_isaac

OMG!!! That is amazing

What did you use to do it?

Xadhoom

Hot damn. Great work. This looks totally professional to me.
.::XADHOOM::.

Igor

Whoa, thanks everyone! I'm really glad you like it!
I guess i'm looking at those backgrounds for far too long now (the one above is around 4 months old) and i simply can't stand them anymore ;)

Jannar, Eggie, Farlander, Ali, Miez, Xadhoom- Thanks!

Evilspacefart- Any time ;D Btw, how does virtual beer tastes like?

Neole- Thanks! Glad to hear it from you. I'll be happy if it will be half as good as Toonstruck ;)

Scummbuddy- critics are always welcomed :) I actually posted this one here (and not in "development" forum), to find out if it's really worth the trouble to redraw them in different technic (usually, if i look at some of my drawings for too long, i get bored of it and lose the clear judgment of how good/bad it really is). Agree with your point about lighting on board. I'll certainly fix this. Btw, the door are small intentionaly- schoolkeeper will have to bend, when he'll go through.

OTG- it is??? That's a great news! I love coloring in P6 (didn't try 7 because i heard watercolors sucked), but since it's so slow on my crapy system, it took away all the fun :) How are watercolors in 8?

Ionias- i was mainly working with vectors (except for a few bitmap touch-ups). It's quite strange to hear about slow-downs though... Vectors should be the fastest?

Danny- thanks man! Glad you like it (and you know i can't wait for Gothic) :)

James- this one was mainly done in Flash (except for some touch ups in Painter).

Anyway, thanks again everyone! You certainly know how to bring back motivation!

ratracer

Igor, with such wonderful art you make us work hard to give some C+C...

Your work is flawless, but anyhow I'll try to be picky: the colour on the waterbottle (or whatever that think is called) being red stands out a bit, since everything has the great orange for light-blue for shadow colouring.

But I know I am trying to be picky... it probably works better that way, giving some contrast...
Besides, don't pay much attention to my opinion on this, since i know I'm bad with colours...

Also, maybe the lamp is a bit heavy looking, it could be a bit more elegant... What do I know? It's perfect!

learned your technique anywere? or did you learn it by yourself?
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

prototyp3

Great lines!  I like the colors too.  

Meowster

Wooowwwwwwwwwwww....

All I would say is maybe put some stuff on those pages on the billboard, that's all I can think of really. It's absolutely proffesional.

Pet Terry

:o

Awesome! Fantastic! I love it! Very professional stuff :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk