Interesting Forum Facts

Started by Raggit, Thu 18/03/2004 18:50:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

Hehe well I think it's about time I regenerated the Forum Ages graph:  ;)

The shape is largely unchanged from last time (9 months ago).

The mean age on the forum has gone up from 21 years 6 months to 22 years 1 month.

And now, just for Farlander:  ;D

We have 1578 members, of which:
* 60% have made less than 10 posts,
* including 20% who have never posted.
* 55% do not specify their gender, but of those who do:
* 88% are male, and 12% female

Scummbuddy

Does this chart include our time traveling friends birthdays?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

jetxl

I'm 22 years and 3 months old...I'm so average.... :'(

edit: maybe you should delete members that havn't made a single post in 2 years. That would clean up the members list. I sometimes check member websites when I'm bored.

veryweirdguy

I think it automatically deletes a member after so many months if they have not logged in, I remember seeing that somewhere. Maybe it was on a different forum though.

Pumaman

Yeah, if a member doesn't post for 10 months, and has made less than 20 posts overall, they get deleted.

Peter Thomas

As of RIGHT NOW, (22:55 according to defaul time) there are 86, 554 listed posts. The forum with the most posts (26, 713) is the General Discussion.

The first post recorded in the G.D forum was made by Sylpher at 9:15, 17th April 2003, and was called: "Rock Show: Be there or poop"

Speaking of poop: Since August 2002, there have been 164 references to it (not including this post), most of which are COMPLETELY out of context.

The word 'banana' features exactly 50 times on this board, in 9 different forums
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Squinky

Bah, but the real first posts are all good and gone. I remember Helm, Sutbei and Evenwolf, myself and others trying it out back when chris asked us to test the Yabb for him....

Peter Thomas

yes. unfortunately we will never know what the REAL first 10 posts were like... unless someone here has an exponentially fan-frigging-tastic memory?
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Robert Eric

Here's another fact:  Helm has not said "Rock out with your cock out" in these forums, as far as I can find.
Ã, Ã, 

shbaz

here are some interesting facts
1. I first posted in these forums when I was 15
2. I am now 19
3. I have never finished a game
4. no one knows me here

Edit: BTW way when i said these forums i meant EZboard

;D Except for #4, me too.

A more useful fact:[/i]
According to big-boards.com the total number of AGS forum members would make up only 0.0003% of the board with more members than any other forum on the internet.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Domino

I was looking at the old EZboard forum, and holy crap!! The popups are enough to drive someone insane.  Thank goodness for this forum.

oh yeah, RE, Conan O'Brien RULES!!

Las Naranjas

Thanks to the wonderment of Volmel, we didn't actually have pop ups when we used it.

Come to think of it, thanks to the wonderments of decent browsers, many of us don't have pop ups even now.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

AGA

Quote from: Squinky on Fri 19/03/2004 23:24:17
Bah, but the real first posts are all good and gone. I remember Helm, Sutbei and Evenwolf, myself and others trying it out back when chris asked us to test the Yabb for him....

Bah, I remember the short-lived (for a day or two) PHPbb forum, that only a few people on IRC ever used.

Adamski

What did happen to Sutebi anyway? He disappeared again after that initial posting spree on the new forums.

Squinky

Quote from: AGA on Sat 20/03/2004 16:34:38
Quote from: Squinky on Fri 19/03/2004 23:24:17

Bah, I remember the short-lived (for a day or two) PHPbb forum, that only a few people on IRC ever used.

Elite Bastard...

And I thought I was sooo cool...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk