Where do i find a list of all the text colours?

Started by manny.p, Thu 23/06/2005 01:29:08

Previous topic - Next topic

manny.p

I've looked everywhere, how am i meant to know the numbers for the colours i need?

Any help would be great :D

Ashen

The 'Pallette' window on the editor. Just pick which colour you want, and check it's number. There's also a way to work out the 'raw' values of standard RGB colours, but I can't recall it off hand.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

strazer

These are the base colors:

None = 0
DarkBlue = 1
DarkGreen = 2
DarkCyan = 3
DarkRed = 4
DarkPurple = 5
DarkYellow = 6
Gray = 7
DarkGray = 8
Blue = 9
Green = 10
Cyan = 11
Red = 12
Purple = 13
Yellow = 14
White = 15
Black = 16

GarageGothic

It seems that numbers (at least) up to 31 in the palette window are displayed differently in-game. Obviously 1-16 are pre-set, but when I tried to RawDraw color 31, which should be a really bright blue, it came out as a light grey. It would seem that there is no way of selecting clean blue (except base color 9), and you'd always have to add 1 red or 1 green to any amount of blue. Is this correct?

Gilbert

What colour depth are you using? 256 colours or 16-bit?

If it's 256 colour, the colour should be EXACTLY identical to whatever you set in the palette screen (unless you changed it in game).
However for 16-bit onwards just mess with the sliders to find the desired colour number.

Ashen

Except that, as GG said, the shades of blue aren't quite right. I'd forgotten when I made my last post, but I've had a problem with that, too.

I think the formula to work out the rawcolour number is something like:
r1 = r255/8   (i.e. the standard RGB Red value divided by 8)
g1 = g255/8
b1 = b255/8
rawcol = (r1*2048) + (g1*64) + (b1);
(I may have got the values slightly wrong, but it's about right.)

Which means, in the palette screen 0 - 31 (0r +0g + (255/8)b) are displayed shades of blue, but if you try to use them in-game, you get the colour strazer listed, then shades from black to white - as shown on the 265 palette screen..
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

GarageGothic

Thanks, yes that was what I was trying to say. It's not that it's a problem, but it should probably be documented. I struggled with my script for a long while until I discovered the cause for the wrong color.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk