panavision function [ASSUMED SOLVED]

Started by Reminder, Fri 24/06/2005 17:23:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Reminder

Hi! How can i make a function to simulate panavision's black lines on the top and bottom of the screen? I want to move it slow, like when Mario 64 opens a door.
Thanks
"With a lot of carefull"

Scummbuddy

I suppose you are saying to switch, say right after a cutscene that uses the black top and bottom, to straight into game with the black lines slowly moving out of screen?

well, if you want it to stretch the room image in any way, i do believe that is impossible, (within AGS), but you could easily just add two black bars as GUIs and move them off screen slowly to simulate the effect.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Reminder

Ok. I made a script like this

while ( y2 < hframe) //hframe is the height of the frame
{
RawDrawRectangle(0,0   ,320,y2)  //draws the upper panavision frame.
RawDrawRectangle(0,240,320,240 - y2)
wait(...)
}

This script draws multiple rectangles and you can control the speed.
But the problem is when I want to release them.
I need to redraw the background, draw a smaller rectangle, redraw background, draw anhoter smaller rectangle... ? Double buffering XD?

Well, i think the idea of the guis could solve my problem.
"With a lot of carefull"

Gilbert

Overlays will work too (but I think GUIs are currently drawn over overlays, so you can use whichever method to your advantages).

Another problem with rawdraw is that it operates on the background, so if say, half of a character, or an object is above the lower black bar and the other half below the bar, it will still be drawn in front of the bar (or worse, when there're walkbehinds).

TerranRich

edmundito

By the way, it's called letterbox. Panavision is just a brand of cameras that are the most popular to rent in Hollywood.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

TerranRich

That's in the BFAQ as well, for any other people wanting to know about this. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk