AGS 2.56 Pre-final - Mittens edition

Started by Pumaman, Sun 15/06/2003 22:18:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I second that. Just a reminder, though, don't make a SetCharacterProperty for this new feature because there already is a SetCharacterProperty for other properties.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Pumaman

Quote from: eVOLVE on Mon 21/07/2003 20:25:58
When going through a dialogue thing and you get it to 'run script' it'll go and run the script, then when it comes back it won't continue where it left off, but will return to giving you the dialogue choice. This means that since two of my dialogues have a run-script in the 'leave conversation' choice, it does the script, then returns back to the choice rather than continuing through and doing the 'stop' command.

Ah well spotted - I was fixing something else at the time, but it looks like this got messed up. Thanks for the report, I'll get it fixed.

QuoteWhen playing movies coded with the XVid codec, the movie flips when running it in AGS. Why not add FlipMovie() or something then? :O

AGS just uses DirectShow to play the movie - if it is flipped, then maybe you should re-encode the video properly :P
You probably have some sort of filter plugin in Media Player to flip it back, but that's not something I can justify the time to implement in AGS I'm afraid.

QuoteCJ - I downloaded the new ACWIN and had a go last night. I couldn't get it to crash again (so far).

Ah good - do let me know if it does happen again.

Quotethe set talking view command won't work with dialogs but it did in normal script.

Well spotted - amazingly, this bug crept in back in v2.5, a year ago. Shows how much use it gets ;)
I'll get it fixed, thanks for the report.

QuoteUhm, I guess this would go with the next version, but wouldn't SetWhateverProperty() make sense as well?

Please read the entire thread before replying, this has already been discussed.

Alex Lowes

well the write text backward works:))
thanks

Synthetique

I dont know if anyone already noticed, but this version doesnt bring its own cursors to the picnic. I think it would be useful for newbies.

Pumaman

Quote from: Synthetique on Sat 26/07/2003 04:24:37
I dont know if anyone already noticed, but this version doesnt bring its own cursors to the picnic. I think it would be useful for newbies.

What do you mean? The cursors are all there when I create a new game.

Synthetique

yeah.. hehe.. i just happened to delete all sprites.. :D

Klaus

There's another problem with the translation source creator:

Using the symbols " and \ in a command line like DisplaySpeech(player,"How to quote?"); works fine with a leading additional \ char. So DisplaySpeech(player,"These are \"quotation\" marks and one \\ backslash."); shows the message correct. The problem is - you already can imagine - that the translation breaks before the word quotation and starts again with marks. If there's only one \" in a line the translation file can even include command lines following after it. I think the source creator just checks for " symbols to extract the messages at the moment but ignores the special \" combination that should be handled as text, right? :)

Pumaman

Well spotted, I'll get on it.

deltamatrix

I think i've found a bug.

I noticed that when you click the bullet point button for dialogs and then you press ESC to cancel. The current selected sprite is picked anyway.

Cancellation? I think not!!
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

Pumaman

Quote from: deltamatrix on Sun 27/07/2003 02:13:37
I think i've found a bug.

I noticed that when you click the bullet point button for dialogs and then you press ESC to cancel. The current selected sprite is picked anyway.

Cancellation? I think not!!

I just tried that and it cancelled fine for me. Can you replicate the problem?

deltamatrix

I just tried it and the problem is gone. But really I think its because sprite 0 is the first one selected.
In my case, some other sprite was selected by default and it was automatically chosen on cancellation. This was the first sprite to be highlighted because it was accessed before for creating a view.

Hope I'm not babbling. :(
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

Mennuz

I'm not starting my game before i've got colored lightning!.. Hurry CJ, Lazy bum!

;)

this all people, was a joke :o *please, dont kill me ;)*

Scummbuddy

You can set light levels to regions.  set thier tint level
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

edmundito

I think I found another bug: The buttons used for the default inventory ignore transparency. Notice that in the GRANNY ZOMBIEKILLER  TEASER DEMO (plug :P). Grundislav is on vacation right now, but I asked him before uploading the demo and he said that he couldn't get rid of that non-transparency.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Pumaman

Quote from: deltamatrix on Sun 27/07/2003 23:48:13
I just tried it and the problem is gone. But really I think its because sprite 0 is the first one selected.
In my case, some other sprite was selected by default and it was automatically chosen on cancellation. This was the first sprite to be highlighted because it was accessed before for creating a view.

Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks, I'll get it fixed.

I think I found another bug: The buttons used for the default inventory ignore transparency

Thanks, I'll get it fixed.

Gilbert

Though I know you're a liar, Pumaman, I'll try that MAEK MI GAYME! option anyway. ;D

Goldmund

Damn good work, Pumaman! You are a true puma!
Still, I have two problems with this edition...
1) It seems that you have removed the default white background around text in sierra w/background speech... I wasn't really prepared for this, the white looked really good in my game and I have no other background for speech prepared nor outlined font... is this a 'f34tur3' or a bug?
2) now this dates to something like 2.52 or even earlier editions, but still prevails in this one... I have used RawDrawLine and RawRestoreScreen for the player to draw something with the mouse in one room of the game, and it worked really well. Now, however, this has become really, really slow!

Pumaman

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 04/08/2003 14:31:06
1) It seems that you have removed the default white background around text in sierra w/background speech... I wasn't really prepared for this, the white looked really good in my game and I have no other background for speech prepared nor outlined font... is this a 'f34tur3' or a bug?

Hmm actually, I never realised that it worked if you did that. I'll fix it up.

2) now this dates to something like 2.52 or even earlier editions, but still prevails in this one... I have used RawDrawLine and RawRestoreScreen for the player to draw something with the mouse in one room of the game, and it worked really well. Now, however, this has become really, really slow!

That's odd - perhaps if you post your script in a new thread, we can see possible ways of speeding it up.

Goldmund

Quote from: Pumaman on Mon 04/08/2003 21:20:38
Hmm actually, I never realised that it worked if you did that. I'll fix it up.
Thanks!

That's odd - perhaps if you post your script in a new thread, we can see possible ways of speeding it up.
Here goes:
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=7679
:)

Riot

I think I've spotted a funky "feature", included in RC1 and I havn't seen it being discussed so I guess it's still there.

GetViewportX() and the Y equalent seem broken. My gameplay was seriously messed up, so I set a label to display the Viewport continueously. It seemed to go up to 7, then all of a sudden, nothing, zip, nada. Not even a zero. Now, I think I have made a stupid mistake in the coding, but nevertheless, it just went blank while checking, and there's no SetViewport commands or anything that could affect it. Funky?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk