AGS 3.2 Final 5 - Recession-busting edition

Started by Pumaman, Sun 03/05/2009 15:34:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Midian Design

I was working on objects (Hitler version - Windows Vista, .tif img) and happened this:

Code: ags

Error: Tentativo di lettura o scrittura della memoria protetta. Spesso questa condizione indica che altre parti della memoria sono danneggiate.
Version: AGS 3.2.0.95

System.AccessViolationException: Tentativo di lettura o scrittura della memoria protetta. Spesso questa condizione indica che altre parti della memoria sono danneggiate.
   in load_room_file(SByte* )
   in load_crm_file(UnloadedRoom roomToLoad)
   in AGS.Native.NativeMethods.LoadRoomFile(UnloadedRoom roomToLoad)
   in AGS.Editor.Components.RoomsComponent.LoadNewRoomIntoMemory(UnloadedRoom newRoom, CompileMessages errors)
   in AGS.Editor.Components.RoomsComponent.RecompileAnyRoomsWhereTheScriptHasChanged(CompileMessages errors, Boolean rebuildAll)
   in AGS.Editor.Components.RoomsComponent.AGSEditor_PreCompileGame(PreCompileGameEventArgs evArgs)
   in AGS.Editor.AGSEditor.PreCompileGameHandler.Invoke(PreCompileGameEventArgs evArgs)
   in AGS.Editor.AGSEditor.CompileGame(Boolean forceRebuild, Boolean createMiniExeForDebug)
   in AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   in AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.CommandClick(String controlID)
   in AGS.Editor.ToolBarManager.ToolbarEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Kweepa

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 03/05/2009 15:34:47
Now that it turns out that Hitler's skull wasn't actually his
They didn't even consider the obvious... Hitler was female :o

[EDIT] Errr, hooray for release candidates!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Duzz

There seems to be a bug in the new sound logic somewhere.  It was happening in the most recent beta, and it's happening in RC1 as well. 

When I play the same sound repeatedly, very fast, the sound is replaced by sounds that were previously playing. 

An example: I have a caption that types itself on the bottom of the screen when you enter some rooms.  It plays a beep sound every time a letter is printed.  In 3.2, when I enter a room, it seems to repeatedly play the player's footstep sound as well as the beeps.

It works fine in 3.1.  I'm using the old PlaySound(...) functions.  I can upload a build if you need it.

The new sound system is really great btw.  Don't need my dodgy prioritised sound functions anymore.  I wish I hadn't just finished all the sound work for my game though :)
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Pumaman

Quote from: MD on Tue 06/10/2009 11:05:58
I was working on objects (Hitler version - Windows Vista, .tif img) and happened this:

Do you remember exactly what you did just before this happened? If you load the same room again, does the problem happen again?

QuoteThere seems to be a bug in the new sound logic somewhere.  It was happening in the most recent beta, and it's happening in RC1 as well. 

When I play the same sound repeatedly, very fast, the sound is replaced by sounds that were previously playing. 

If you could upload a build, that would be helpful please -- it's probably a combination of factors that might be hard to replicate separately.

Midian Design

Quote from: Pumaman on Tue 06/10/2009 19:29:19
Quote from: MD on Tue 06/10/2009 11:05:58

Do you remember exactly what you did just before this happened? If you load the same room again, does the problem happen again?

I added an object, pressed play. AGS started to save the room and then the crash :)
Fortunately nothing happened to my files.

Duzz

Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Dualnames

Sorry to go and spoil it all, but..eh..found a bug, and it seems it goes a long way.

We all know that to have a character's talking view portrait appear on SierraWithBackground, the character must be in the same room, otherwise only the text window will appear. Now if you use DisplayTopBar function and then use a Character.Say for the first Character.Say played after DisplayTopBar it will have the TopBar in it, the second will have no problem, I found a workaround but still the bug remains and it should if possible be fixed.

Do this:

SetSpeechStyle(eSierraWithBackground);
//make sure char ego is in the player;ers room. And that he has a talking view.
DisplayTopBar(....);
cEgo.Say("Hey");
cEgo.Say("Hey2");//this line will appear normally.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

mikosworld

Great !!! "Abstauber's LEC-style" template
It will be possible to make another templates as Runaway, Sam & Max, LOOM and Monkey Island 3 ?

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: mikosworld on Sat 10/10/2009 00:23:44Monkey Island 3 ?

The default Verb Coin template is pretty much what you're looking for here :)

mikosworld

I don't like "The default Verb Coin template" :(

ThreeOhFour

Functionally, it is identical to the 'Monkey Island 3' (Curse of Monkey Island) verb coin.

You can change the graphics yourself if you wish.

Misj'

Quote from: Ben304 on Wed 14/10/2009 01:26:11You can change the graphics yourself if you wish.
Not to mention that it is highly encouraged to change the graphics to fit the style and theme of your own game. The original graphics are 'merely' intended as place-holders to help developers test the template in their game before they personalize it.

Plus, by not using the original Monkey Island 3 graphics, neither Electroshokker nor Chris are likely to be send a nice letter from LucasArts's lawyers telling them to stop copyright infringement; and the current graphics are free to use.

Pumaman

QuoteI added an object, pressed play. AGS started to save the room and then the crash
Fortunately nothing happened to my files.

Hmm, strange. Let me know if it happens again.

QuoteOk, I've PM'd you the link

Thanks, I'll look into it.

QuoteWe all know that to have a character's talking view portrait appear on SierraWithBackground, the character must be in the same room, otherwise only the text window will appear. Now if you use DisplayTopBar function and then use a Character.Say for the first Character.Say played after DisplayTopBar it will have the TopBar in it, the second will have no problem, I found a workaround but still the bug remains and it should if possible be fixed.

Strange, I'll see if I can reproduce this.

mikosworld

Pumaman, it'll be possible in "Inventory Items", to add "Mouse Over image" feature in "Apparence" section.
Because, I've create 2 states icons for my inventory items (normal image icon and over image icon with light red outline).
I would like this feature, to show my mouse over item when I'm overlapping it with hotspot/regions ...
Thanks

Pumaman

QuoteWhen I play the same sound repeatedly, very fast, the sound is replaced by sounds that were previously playing. 

An example: I have a caption that types itself on the bottom of the screen when you enter some rooms.  It plays a beep sound every time a letter is printed.  In 3.2, when I enter a room, it seems to repeatedly play the player's footstep sound as well as the beeps.

Thanks for posting your game. I tried it out, but when entering the room to the south I only heard the typing-beeps and not any footstep sounds. Does the problem happen regularly for you?

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 08/10/2009 08:33:10
We all know that to have a character's talking view portrait appear on SierraWithBackground, the character must be in the same room, otherwise only the text window will appear. Now if you use DisplayTopBar function and then use a Character.Say for the first Character.Say played after DisplayTopBar it will have the TopBar in it, the second will have no problem, I found a workaround but still the bug remains and it should if possible be fixed.

DisplayTopBar(....);
cEgo.Say("Hey");

I can't reproduce this, it seems to work fine for me. Can you post an example of the problem?

QuotePumaman, it'll be possible in "Inventory Items", to add "Mouse Over image" feature in "Apparence" section.
Because, I've create 2 states icons for my inventory items (normal image icon and over image icon with light red outline).

This thread is not the right place for feature requests, please post them in the Wishlist thread. It is of course possible to work around this with scripting.

Dualnames

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 08/10/2009 08:33:10

DisplayTopBar(....);
cEgo.Say("Hey");

I've given you the files of the game before, if you have them,you can test it there. Just place the code above when pressing Space for example. Forgot to say the Speech when the game starts (on the general settings pnae)is LucasArts. And ego here shouldn't be the playable character but instead an NPC.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Pumaman

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 16/10/2009 16:51:17
I've given you the files of the game before, if you have them,you can test it there. Just place the code above when pressing Space for example. Forgot to say the Speech when the game starts (on the general settings pnae)is LucasArts. And ego here shouldn't be the playable character but instead an NPC.

I tried pasting that code into HHGTG and it worked fine. Are you sure that's the exact script code that you're using?

Rulaman

Hi,

I had problems opening a template created with 3.0.2 SP1 with the new BETA (3.2 RC1)
The templates delivered with this Version seems to work.

The error is:

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
There was an error creating your game. The error was: Unable to extract template files.

Error details: AGS.Types.AGSEditorException: Unable to extract template files.

at AGS.Native.NativeMethods.ExtractTemplateFiles(String templateFileName)

at AGS.Editor.Tasks.CreateNewGameFromTemplate(String templateFileName, String newGameDirectory)

at AGS.Editor.GUIController.CreateNewGame(String newGameDirectory, String newGameName, GameTemplate createFromTemplate)
OK  

Is this a problem with the templates or with the RC1?
Zak: Komm mit mir Sushi.
Zak: Come with me Sushi.

Pumaman

Well spotted, thanks, that seems to happen if the template is from a previous version and has Sound or Music files. I'll get it fixed.

Dualnames

Quote from: Pumaman on Sat 17/10/2009 21:19:43
Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 16/10/2009 16:51:17

I tried pasting that code into HHGTG and it worked fine. Are you sure that's the exact script code that you're using?

I'll send you the files with the problem as soon as possible..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk