AGS 3.3 Wishlist

Started by subspark, Tue 09/12/2008 03:34:03

Previous topic - Next topic

SpacePaw

Quote from: JpSoft on Mon 06/04/2009 17:21:33
If you work on it, i willl be your first tester  ;D
Jp

Hahah - OneDollar was first to offer that ;)
Anyways I DO work on it. I have some problems with font styles and stuff like that but it's moving forward slowly :)

Trent R

Quote from: JpSoft on Tue 31/03/2009 22:50:43
- Little notepad in the editor, so the game creator could easily add comments about the design of the game ("things to do", "do not forget", and so)
I've thought before that this would be great.. A deluxe version as a plugin would be cool, but I'm wondering if CJ can put a simple textbox on the Start Page?

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

JpSoft

Yes, something like the script pages, but only for text purposes (without autocomplete) Also, have the chance to open it automatically when you open AGS. After all, the first thing i do when i open AGS is check my notes (a f***k .TXT file i never can found into my HD) to know what i were doing last time, what i must fix, etc etc

- Game settings
- Pluggins
- Translations

Or something like that.

Jp

SSH

Actually, I think a plugin like that is the example that comes with the editor plugin API download...

JpSoft

Quote from: SSH on Tue 07/04/2009 17:18:23
Actually, I think a plugin like that is the example that comes with the editor plugin API download...

Which example?

Also, i remember that GM7 hace the notepad; its called game information

Jp

SSH

subspark

Heres an Icon for your plugin SpacePaw:

I did this ages ago when I sugested a notes panel for developers to leave instructions and things for each other.

Cheers,
Sparky.

SpacePaw

Thanks sparky - It will save me some time indeed :3

subspark

Let me know if you need any more graphics, my friend. Most of you have figured out I'm an artist by now.

Cheers,
Sparky.

Dualnames

Wow you're working on another plugin? Guess you got the AGS germ..Known as Adventurus Gamicus Studiorus Plugintis Bacteria.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

JpSoft

And how it is supossed that it must work? I unzziped it in the ags editor folder, but nothing changes (AFAIK) Maybe the pluggin is too old for 3.1.2 version?

Jp

SpacePaw

Quote from: JpSoft on Wed 08/04/2009 10:08:48
And how it is supossed that it must work? I unzziped it in the ags editor folder, but nothing changes (AFAIK) Maybe the pluggin is too old for 3.1.2 version?

Jp

you have to copy just one file AGS.Plugin.Sampleblahblahsomething.dll from bin/debug folder (or bin/release, I don't remember which one is there :) ) into the main AGS folder

Quote from: subspark on Wed 08/04/2009 08:44:37
Let me know if you need any more graphics, my friend. Most of you have figured out I'm an artist by now.

Cheers,
Sparky.
Yeah you could make a note icon too :) I have folders icons so it's the only one I need ;)

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 08/04/2009 08:46:56
Wow you're working on another plugin? Guess you got the AGS germ..Known as Adventurus Gamicus Studiorus Plugintis Bacteria.

Mmmm I love programming <3 Pity that I have to work on school projecs too. I would use most of my time for AGS if I could :P

SpacePaw

Okay, I'm making another .NET plugin and I'm confident now that  there are some small issues with the amount of things you can do using provided libraries:

-Although you can add tree leafs to your component and know when user clicks them or uses a context menu comand on them you CAN NOT rename nor move them after addition. This has no sense as it makes the whole tree idea useless. Tree is for organization and it's almost pointless to have a static one. You can "move" and "rename" by deleting the old elements and adding new ones but you still need to do that from your own component window. Those neat feautures like "rename" and "drag and drop" in views component aren't avalible.

-And I'll repeat once again - there should be some event handlers like "sprite added", "sprite changed", "view added" and so on. Why? Because without that refreshing the content of your own component is made too often and too late. When you add view using the context menu and project tree your component won't update until any event concerning it occurs.

Sorry if some of you guys don't get it, It's mostly for CJ anyway :P

Dualnames

Addable, editable checkboxes would be cool, like tasks.

Icon [V]
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DoorKnobHandle

Hope it hasn't been said before but I'd like to see a nice way to draw a DrawingSurface to another DrawingSurface at x, y (so an additional optional int x, optional int y to the DrawingSurface.DrawSurface function would be what I'm asking for) - or is there a good workaround available that I don't see at the moment?

monkey0506

As far as drawing on surface onto another...you have to create the surface from a DynamicSprite or room background. And you can create a dynamic sprite from the room background. And it's possible to draw a DynamicSprite onto a DrawingSurface. Given this information it would be possible to simply release the second surface, draw the sprite, and if needed reassign the surface. Granted a DrawingSurface.DrawSurface might be a bit nicer.

subspark

SUGGESTION: When importing sprites in bulk, the sprites are always treated under default import settings (top-left pixel / plain RGB)
Please oh please allow AGS to ask the user what settings to bulk import under including the standard auto alpha channel detection behavior. :P

Cheers,
Sparky.

Ethan D

I think there should be a way to check and change what the variables are set at so that testing games can be much easier and you wont have to go through the game all the way to get to a scene your working on.

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Sun 12/04/2009 05:51:29
As far as drawing on surface onto another...you have to create the surface from a DynamicSprite or room background. And you can create a dynamic sprite from the room background. And it's possible to draw a DynamicSprite onto a DrawingSurface. Given this information it would be possible to simply release the second surface, draw the sprite, and if needed reassign the surface. Granted a DrawingSurface.DrawSurface might be a bit nicer.

I'm not quite getting your post, have you realized that DrawingSurface.DrawSurface already exists and I was merely asking for a way to draw a surface onto another surface somewhere else then at 0, 0? Or maybe elaborate on what you're saying. As I said, there is some workaround (I think) with, like, three temporary surfaces etc.

Ethan D

If there is a way to do this ignore my post.  I think there should be an easier way to make a character face a direction like

cCharacter.FaceDirection(DownRight);
instead of having to do the facelocation or character.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk