AGS v2.7 Final: Yet Another Edition

Started by Pumaman, Sat 13/11/2004 21:02:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

Hmm, changing room within Player Enters Screen Before Fadein is a bit of a dodgy thing to do; I guess perhaps the best solution would be for it to error out if you attempt this, unless it is a scenario that's useful?

monkey0506

(Graphic) Bug:

When I start AGS 2.7 Final (extracted from the ags27final.zip file) I still see "BETA VERSION".  Not anything terribly important, but if it's a final version then it's clearly not BETA any more... ::)

podthepunk

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Tue 26/04/2005 22:35:07
(Graphic) Bug:

When I start AGS 2.7 Final (extracted from the ags27final.zip file) I still see "BETA VERSION".Ã,  Not anything terribly important, but if it's a final version then it's clearly not BETA any more... ::)

because it is a Beta!!! As you can see at the first site of this Thread.
The Current Version is Still 2.62 as you can see oon the Main Page.
The Version you got is the last Beta, its finished but not released, to fix the last bugs.
Mohawk or not, that is the question!

RickJ

Hmm, changing room within Player Enters Screen Before Fadein is a bit of a dodgy thing to do; I guess perhaps the best solution would be for it to error out if you attempt this, unless it is a scenario that's useful?
Displaying a descriptive error message would be fine.  It's easy enough to work around once you realize what's happening.   Getting a black screen like that is a bit unsettling.  :'(   

strazer

When an inventory item with an alpha-channelled sprite is active, the cursor hotspot dot isn't drawn. Instead, there's a hole in the cursor graphic where the hotspot dot/sprite should be.

Pumaman

QuoteWhen the player character is set to start in room 1 and in the room 1 "Player Enters Before Fadein"  you attempt to do  a player.ChangeRoom(1,77,198) the background image is not displayed.  (Music is played however).    Seems to happen only with player character. 

I was just thinking about this further.

If you put  ChangeRoom(1)  in Player Enters Screen for room 1, then you're effectively creating a recursive loop of ChangeRooms, because each time it runs it changes to room 1 and then runs the script again. So really, a black screen in this situation is kinda what you'd expect since the new room will never get to fade in.

QuoteWhen I start AGS 2.7 Final (extracted from the ags27final.zip file) I still see "BETA VERSION".  Not anything terribly important, but if it's a final version then it's clearly not BETA any more...

As has been stated, this isn't the Final Final, it's just the Final, if you see what I mean ;)

QuoteWhen an inventory item with an alpha-channelled sprite is active, the cursor hotspot dot isn't drawn. Instead, there's a hole in the cursor graphic where the hotspot dot/sprite should be.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix the hotspot dot side of things, but for the hotspot sprite you'll need to use an alpha-channeled hotspot sprite in order to get it to work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk