[SOLVED] No music after importing to new editor

Started by Snake, Wed 27/03/2024 21:47:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Hi everyone!

Earlier today I imported an older game of mine from AGS version 3.2.1 in to the current version 3.6.1 (I believe this is the version, I'm away atm).

Now, I'm guessing it has something to do with the new audio system in AGS? I am new to this system, obviously, so what are the steps I can take to diagnose the issue of the audio not working anymore?

The SFX still work, it's just the MIDI files for the background music that aren't playing (or muted somehow).

I've tried changing options in the setup, I've messed with variables in their settings (like changing the volume from -1 to 100 for instance).

Now I've read about the channels and things like that, but honestly it's going over my head just a bit. Is there something that I need to be setting up for background music to be working correctly?

Side note, the music files work when I click on them in the editor so I've ixnayed the idea that it is my computer... but I just don't know anymore.

Also, I have NOT changed any of their names. I left everything as it was after importing.

Thank you all in advance for any help, I greatly appreciate it!

—SNaKe
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Snake on Wed 27/03/2024 21:47:36The SFX still work, it's just the MIDI files for the background music that aren't playing (or muted somehow).

Hello.
Previous versions of AGS were using a sound library that relied on Windows own MIDI interface to play MIDIs, but since v3.6.0 it uses a Timidity library that requires installing patch files on your computer.

Following article explains this in more detail:
https://adventuregamestudio.github.io/ags-manual/MIDI-playback.html

Snake

Ah, yes... I vaguely remember glazing over that section of the manual :undecided:

Thank you, Crimson, and my apologies for asking about something I should have noticed while searching for the answers. I have to admit, I'm a little embarrassed cause I do remember seeing something about this, it just didn't click.

Have a great day!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk