Replay (under advanced in Setup)

Started by Hollister Man, Fri 12/12/2003 04:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollister Man

I searched the old posts and the tutorial, and it IS possible that I missed something, but...

[glow=red, 1, 1] What is this supposed to do? [/glow] Replay, that is...

Is it designed to record actions and then replay them?  If so, how does it work?
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Scorpiorus

Yeah, recording the actions. Use Alt-R to start recording.

EDIT: press again to stop recording. Then you can play the recorded file via specifying it in the AGS setup menu.

The feature is unofficial though.

~Cheers

Hollister Man

That's all I need to know.  Thanks a bunch.  :D
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Pumaman

Yep - it's unofficial because it is still buggy and the playback can get out of sync after a while (it tended to work for about 5-10 minutes then mess up).

It was originally designed to allow live walkthroughs of games, but in its current state it's only really good for demonstrating bugs or recording short pieces of your gameplay.

Hollister Man

Thanks.  Actually, I was mainly asking for info, not because I needed it.  It just happens that in the game I am working on, it is a convenient explanation for a a particular plot occurrance.  (If I said more, I'd have to kill you 8) )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk