Suggestions: Less Views / Bulleted Views

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Wed 14/09/2005 19:44:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

A couple of useful suggestions, not sure if they've been offered:

Ability to set the current loop of heretofore view ONLY settings.  For example, instead of multiple views for speech, blinking, thinking, allow the user to place all the animations in one view and toggle the loop number (say from the dialog script) so you save space.

Bulleted views.  You specify a name and then can click +/- to expand a view list.  This is ideal for characters with a huge number of animations and far more object oriented.

Thanks for reading this.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Quoteinstead of multiple views for speech, blinking, thinking, allow the user to place all the animations in one view and toggle the loop number (say from the dialog script) so you save space.

The problem that I see in this is that currently all animations sorta rely on the first 4/8 loops to synch. I mean, that way the first loop in the TALKING animation in LEC style is in the same direction than the first loop in the WALKING animation. And you still get to use the empty loops as you see fit, two comodities I don't see happening in your suggestion...

...forgive me if I made little sense. I never make sense until I've had my breakfast or shower, and I've had neither.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Pumaman

Yes, for talking anims that wouldn't really work. However, for mouse cursor animations for example, where only one loop is used, being able to specify the loop number would be beneficial.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk