🏆 AGS Awards 2023 - Awards are over!

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2024 10:49:32

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Rik_Vargard

Hey I was wondering if you had some kind of intro logo movie or so for the ceremony?
I was starting working on one but then I thought that perhaps you already had something?

Just in case: I thought about doing a montage starting with "AGS AWARDS 2023" and then "THIS YEAR'S NOMINEES", with pictures showing up of all the nominated games.

Well, I can help with anything video if needed. (nod)

Cheers!

cat

Voting is over! Thanks everyone who played the games and voted!

The results will be revealed in a ceremony on

Saturday, 23 March 2024 at 20:00 London time

The ceremony is an online event, using a special AGS-made client. If you can't use this client for some reason, you will also be able to join via IRC.

If you feel like playing more games and voting for them, please head over to the MAGGIES thread in the meantime. There you can help to decide on the best MAGS game of 2023.

Kastchey

Quote from: Rik_Vargard on Thu 29/02/2024 17:13:04Hey I was wondering if you had some kind of intro logo movie or so for the ceremony?
I was starting working on one but then I thought that perhaps you already had something?

Just in case: I thought about doing a montage starting with "AGS AWARDS 2023" and then "THIS YEAR'S NOMINEES", with pictures showing up of all the nominated games.

Well, I can help with anything video if needed. (nod)

Cheers!

I'll send you a PM  :)

cat

We are still looking for volunteers to present a category. We would also appreciate if someone could stream and record the ceremony. If you can help, please contact either me or Kastchey.

cat

Quote from: cat on Thu 07/03/2024 19:11:28We are still looking for volunteers to present a category. We would also appreciate if someone could stream and record the ceremony. If you can help, please contact either me or Kastchey.

*bump*

eri0o

Kastchey

The 23rd of March, 20:00 London time.

cat

The ceremony happens this Saturday!

We are still looking for people to present a category (or two).

Honza

I might not be able to attend the ceremony :(. I'll try to at least drop in from time to time, but apologies in advance if I miss it. I asked Max Grachev who made sound to represent us though, so maybe he'll be there instead.

edmundito

How do we participate in the ceremony?
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

eri0o

Also, is this a ceremony with client? I don't remember what was decided after the discussion that happened but on that. I didn't saw a call for testing it that usually happens at least a week before but not sure if it happened through discord due to the forums occasional slow downs.

Kastchey

@Honza , sorry about this. I know the date did not suit you, but it was overwhelmingly better for pretty much everyone else, so we had to make some tough decisions :( I hope you will be able to at least jump in once in a while.

@eri0o , yes, the ceremony will be client based.

@edmundito , the way it works is, on the ceremony day we will post a link to the client download here, in this thread. The client is a standalone application just like an AGS game (actually, it IS an AGS game!). Just run it to join. Alternatively, you can join the ceremony via AGS IRC, if you don't want to or cannot run the desktop client (you'll miss out on the visuals, though).

Kastchey

The client download link will be posted soon in this thread, please keep checking!

Kastchey

We still have a couple presenter spots left! Let me know if you'd like to give it a go, it's fun :)

I'll send you all the information you need via PM.

eri0o

Can you say what time is it and which is the reference? (UTC, Greenwich, ...) Or how many hours/minutes from NOW..?

heltenjon

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 23/03/2024 15:54:24Can you say what time is it and which is the reference? (UTC, Greenwich, ...) Or how many hours/minutes from NOW..?
4 hours from now.

EDIT: If you enter the room early, to test it, you'll see that there is a clock counting down, too.

edmundito

Hello, I tried the Mac build, but it tells me it cannot open the application. I'm unsure why, but I'm also on a Mac with the arm64 chips, so I wonder if the game was built to support that. If you want to test out a build, feel free to reach on Discord before the ceremony, and I'll be happy to test.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Kastchey

Thanks a lot for reporting, let me ping Duals!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk