2005 MITTENS OFFICIAL INFO AND ROLLCALL THREAD! TREMBLE!

Started by Helm, Mon 30/05/2005 12:14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

scotch

Speaking of meeting at airports, does anyone know of an easy place for us Brits to meet at Heathrow? What times do you all get in? (I arrive by coach there at 3:15am). Ã, I am not sure if I want to bring this tent or not... it isn't particularly heavy, but a bit bulky. Ã, It's apparently a 4 man tent, so in reality I expect it is suitable for about 2.5 normal sized people. Ã, If Helm does manage to get some prices that'll be helpful in deciding.
3 days from now we'll be in Athens airport :D

Pet Terry

There seems to be a meeting point at Athens airport, maybe we just should meet up there? It shouldn't be too hard to find.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Chrille

Perhaps we should collect peoples cellphone numbers? Although it would probably not be a good a idea to post them on here, but maybe someone could take the responsability to collect all the numbers through PM's or something and then send the list to everybody who's going to Mittens.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Nacho

I think that's a maravellous idea (So good that I was having it in mind some minutes ago, you see how good it is?!?) As said, my bet goes for sending it to JET XL, because he'll be the first guy to be there on the 14th. If not, maybe to some of the brits, I had M0ds'number for Mittens 2003 (but it was a celullar from a freind actually) and Andail's number too, but I lost my telephone, and whereas I keep the number I lost the agenda.

So... If Jet agrees...?
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Chrille

Actually I meant that we send the list to everybody who's going to mittens. We just need someone to collect the numbers and make a list.

Unless there are any objections, I can collect the cellphone numbers. Just send it in a PM to me.
GASPOP software

Nacho

Someone is bringing a foot-pump to inflate the inflatable beds? Because I tried yesterday an my lungs hurt (with no effect to the bed at all) If Helm has one I'd be glad if he brings it out. If Petteri can steal one of the army I'd be pleased. If Goldmund gives up smoking and has lungs to help me I'd be pleased...

Pet Terry

Apparently I'm not in the army anymore so I can't steal a pump... and the only pump that I have is at my grandparents' cabin. But hey, we'll be having an air mattress blowing contest! The one who passes out first loses!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Nacho

I'll bring it... But it won't be in the hand luggage, and I have the bad feeling that someone is going to lose my tent...  :-\

m0ds

Aye, it would be good to have a number for Helm especially. My mobile won't work overseas so I shant be taking mine. Apparently the bus from Athens airport to Athens is less than 2 euros, and apparently the bus stop is right outside the exit. But thats all I know about the airport :p

HEATHROW: British airways flights from terminals 1-4 are currently suspended due to a strike by caterers & ground staff, will this affect us? I thought we were flying with SWISS AIR but the information on the sheet also says the operator is BA ?

Pumaman

QuoteSpeaking of meeting at airports, does anyone know of an easy place for us Brits to meet at Heathrow? What times do you all get in? (I arrive by coach there at 3:15am). 

I haven't used Terminal 4 before but I'm sure there'll be a huge food court thing with loads of tables and chairs, which is probably as good a place to meet as any. Besides, we can always just use the phone-someone-else-and-find-out-where-they-are tactic of old ;)

I'll get to the airport at about 11:30pm on Saturday, so I don't know if that'll make me the first to arrive.

QuotePerhaps we should collect peoples cellphone numbers?

Makes sense. I'll PM you my number.

QuoteHEATHROW: British airways flights from terminals 1-4 are currently suspended due to a strike by caterers & ground staff, will this affect us? I thought we were flying with SWISS AIR but the information on the sheet also says the operator is BA ?

Yes, I think it would affect us. However, it's highly unlikely that the strike will still be going on come Sunday, they usually resolve these things in 24 hours at most.

Helm

I have no cellphone, sorry.

I have the adress now, but it's loose. It's 'Agia Anna Beach, North Evoia'. Doesn't get more specific than that, but it's a very well known place. The telephone number there is

2227 097250 / 097100

I know know exactly how we will get from Athens to there, and it involves two busses, and a taxi ride.

The important news/minor setback: THERE ARE NO TENTS TO RENT. I REPEAT: IF YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT RENTING A TENT, RECONSIDER. There's only 2-3 tents (will know for sure tommorow) to rent, so if you have tents, BRING THEM AT ALL COSTS. If you dont and can't afford to buy one, do so. Otherwise some might be sleeping in the dirt or even worse, backed in with ME AND MY GOATS in a 2 person tent. We are 18 people (last time I checked), we have 10 tent spots. Work the magic, make it happen.

The airport strikes suck ass. Delays are ok... cancellations are gonna make me cry.
WINTERKILL

Goldmund

Quote from: Helm on Fri 12/08/2005 12:10:06
I know know exactly how we will get from Athens to there, and it involves two busses, and a taxi ride.

Could you share this information, oh thunderous goat-meister?
For those who plan to arrive separetely?

Oh, and we'll bring a tent. I thought about sleeping with La Lore and Farlander (thanks for the offer you little, but big-spirited Spaniard!), but I don't know how open-minded they are to nocturnal freshly-weds' activities... do you swing?

Nacho

Bummer! I was thinking in sexual exchange!  :'( Well, no probs... Chrille, will you send us the list of cell phones numbers?

Chrille

I'll send the list tonight to try and get as many as possible but I only have 5 numbers so far, I will send an updated list on saturday night for those that still havn't left then.

Also I do have a tent but I'm afraid it's a one-man tent. Might fit two if you squeeze. Is there any point in bringing it?
GASPOP software

Helm

Quote from: Goldmund on Fri 12/08/2005 13:52:55
Quote from: Helm on Fri 12/08/2005 12:10:06

Could you share this information, oh thunderous goat-meister?
For those who plan to arrive separetely?

Oh, and we'll bring a tent. I thought about sleeping with La Lore and Farlander (thanks for the offer you little, but big-spirited Spaniard!), but I don't know how open-minded they are to nocturnal freshly-weds' activities... do you swing?

You go to Liosion street 206 in Athens you get a ticket for the KTEL that goes to Agia Anna. There's two busses. One that goes there twice a day, and is relatively close to the camp-site, and other more frequent, that goes two villages away from it. Either you decide to take, you're going to have to take a cab from your destination to Agia Anna Camping. About 8 euro cab fare, I was told. Less if you take the closer bus.

WINTERKILL

Helm

Yes Chrille. Bring the tent. We have 10 spots for 18 people, even if everybody else brings a 2 man tent, that leaves one spot for your solitary little tent, you jerk.
WINTERKILL

Pet Terry

I'm bringing a tent that should hold two people + luggage very comfortably. So if there is someone who can't bring a tent, I am willing to share my tent with them.

(also, I got my show & tell-material printed, whoo!)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Privateer Puddin'

3 man tent

(I haven't got my show and tell material printed because no one i'm working with has sent it to me :( )

Chrille

Ok, so here's a quick summary of how many tents there will be and how room much there is in each:

custard: 3 (4 if neccesary)
scotch: 3 (4 if neccesary
petteri: 2 (3 if neccesary)
goldmund & wife: 2
farlander & gf: 2
stalkey: 2

6 tents (out of 10 camping spots) with room for 14 people (17 if neccesary)

So we'll need at least 2 more 2-man tents.

I havn't looked through the whole thread to see who else were bringing tents because I know alot of people cancelled those plans to rent at the camping site instead. So those who are planning to bring tents who hasn't said so since Helm announced the camping tent-shortage, please let us know.
GASPOP software

Disco

Okay, before I answer some of the above questions, I'd first like to say that currently everything is f%$ked. To answer some of the above questions- 1. The yankee traveller is still in Heathrow 11 hours after his flight was supposed to have left Ã, >:( 2. The Swiss flight that is directed by BA (same as mine) IS affected by the freaking strike (No, I'm not bitter Ã, :P) and leaves from terminal 4. Everyone is waiting to reroute and is sitting in the middle of the place getting handed water and crisps once in a while. I arrived at 5:30 and am still here at a bit past 16:15. My advice is to go straight to terminal 4 before 5am. and hopefuly skip the queue.cross your fingers for a strikeless sunday.
i'll report back after evething i sorted out, oh and this keyboardis crap Ã, ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk