2005 MITTENS OFFICIAL INFO AND ROLLCALL THREAD! TREMBLE!

Started by Helm, Mon 30/05/2005 12:14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

if we have as many tents as that, hopefull the camping will also have 2 tents for rent or so so we're there, barely. Still, if anyone else can bring, do so!
WINTERKILL

Chrille

I've sent a PM with all the phonenumbers I've managed to collect so far to everyone who's going. I will update the list if I get more numbers.

List Update #1: Lorena & jetXL
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Pumaman

Quote6 tents (out of 10 camping spots) with room for 14 people (17 if neccesary)
So we'll need at least 2 more 2-man tents.

Quoteif we have as many tents as that, hopefull the camping will also have 2 tents for rent or so so we're there, barely. Still, if anyone else can bring, do so!

Do we seem to be ok? If necessary I can go and buy a tent tomorrow; but if the camp site do have 2 for rental, then we should be fine so there's no need.

QuoteOkay, before I answer some of the above questions, I'd first like to say that currently everything is f%$ked. To answer some of the above questions- 1. The yankee traveller is still in Heathrow 11 hours after his flight was supposed to have left

Bad luck Disco, that must be really annoying to be stuck at Heathrow not knowing what's going to happen. Hopefully they'll have flown you on by tomorrow night, but if not give us a call and we can meet up with you when we get there.

Goldmund

Quote from: Helm on Fri 12/08/2005 15:18:57
You go to Liosion street 206 in Athens you get a ticket for the KTEL that goes to Agia Anna. There's two busses. One that goes there twice a day, and is relatively close to the camp-site, and other more frequent, that goes two villages away from it. Either you decide to take, you're going to have to take a cab from your destination to Agia Anna Camping. About 8 euro cab fare, I was told. Less if you take the closer bus.

Thanks! By the way, do you happen to know what are the times that this twice-a-day-going, close-arriving bus leaves Liosion St.?

Helm

Nope.

And CJ, we seem to be in the clear about the tents, but there's a slight possibility that the campsite will not have 2 but 1 tent I've been told. Tell you what, buy the tent, I'll pay half the price since I don't have a tent either.
WINTERKILL

Goldmund

Hm, but aren't you going to use this bus on the 15th of August?
You don't plan to just go to Liosion St. and wait...? If the bus leaves twice a day, it may take some time...
As we're leaving tomorrow morning, maybe I'll just call one of you and confirm the hour we meet at the bus stop.

Disco

Ahh! :D it took about 14 hours, but all seems to be okay now. My tickets were validated for tomorrow, catch is the clerk said not all the flights will be back by then, so there is a chance that the Geneva flight may again be cancelled. She seemed confident toward otherwise, still she booked me for the Sunday flights as well if Saturday's went awry too. I might fly in with you all!! No offense, but let's hope notÃ,  :P.

I mentioned some friends were taking this same journey on Sunday- she said there is nothing to worry about about because the planes will be back in place then and no one is striking anymore.

oops, times up

dasjoe

... it's quite easy being the best.

m0ds

I won't be bringing a tent, but am willing to buy one in Greece, providing I can find somewhere to get one. Mind, we will have a while in Athens.

CJ, I'll see you somewhere near coffee about midnight Saturday in Heathrow. The last bus to Terminal 4 from Oxford is about 11.30. Thanks for the address Helm and the PM Chrille, useful stuff. Especially for travel insurance :D

scotch

Our flight to Greece won't be delayed, because it's not by BA, we change at Geneva.  I looked to see how our flight out of london was looking and was glad to see that today's 6:30 flight to Geneva went out nearly on time, which bodes well for tomorrow's.

"Near coffee" eh? I hope I can find you all when I arrive, I don't have a phone.

Helm

Glodmnu: having a lot of experience with KTEL busses, we will basically just go there and wait, yeah. And we won't be getting the twice a day bus unless we're extremely lucky in the timing. We'll be getting the more frequent bus that goes two villages outside. We will be having to get a cab from either bus anway, and it's so many of us the cab fares are going to be divided by 4 each...

so can someone tell me about what time on sunday I should be at the airport so nobody feels lonely?
WINTERKILL

Nacho

Disco, 12th at 15:05, Flight Swiss 1822 (2 DAYS AGO!111!!!)
Jetxl, 13:55, Venezielos (dunno the flight)
CJ, DS, scotch, AGA, Custard and m0ds 15.05 in the 14th at 15:05 at Venizielos: Flight Swiss 1822
Grundislav (17:55 14th)
Lorena and Nacho, 14th at 22:30 at Venizielos: Flight Lufthansa 3394
Petteri, Venizielos (I guess) at 23:55.
Chrille, 15th at 00:15 at Venizielos
2ma2, 15th at 02:20 at Venizielos
Petter, Venizielos KLM 1158 (which arrival time? 16:30 is departure?)

This is my list so far, with some of the flights, you Helm, you'll know what to look foor in the airport info screen.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Disco

Quote from: Farlander on Sat 13/08/2005 12:28:42
Disco, 12th at 15:05, Flight Swiss 1822 (2 DAYS AGO!111!!!)
:'(

I will be arriving in Athens with the brits afterall. My flight this morning was not cancelled, but I was stuck at a hotel while it left. :-\

Theres a plus side- none of this was too bad and I pocket the 50 euros I was to use at the hostel.

CJ or m0ds, I suppose I will ring either of you later with where to meet or possibly out of bordom, failing that I'm making a blue cup sign=^.^=

Nacho

The two days ago, with the silly exclamation marks is just because I copied the silly previous list... Don't mind it!  ;)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

jetxl

Privateer Puddin'

edmundito

It's nice to hear that A GREEK PLANE CRASHED just today while everyone is doing all that travelling around to Greece.

I sure hope that no one was in that plane.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Andail

I will arrive tomorrow midnight in athens. Farlander sent me a description on how to get to the campsite, I hope it's valid.
Can you before 2pm tomorrow confirm whether I must bring a tent or not?

MrColossal

Quote from: Edmundo on Sun 14/08/2005 23:54:29
I sure hope that no one was in that plane.

There were 121 unlucky people on that plane...

But no, none of them are from AGS
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

m0ds

Andail, please DO bring a tent if you can! I'm positive we'll need it. We're still at the airport (6.50am local time) - we're getting the bus to Athens/Agia Anna at about 10am. If you have any problems try calling someone from the list of mobile numbers, try Custard (Tom) first because his phone definitely works here. See you soon, man!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk