question about MI3

Started by Theme, Sun 14/08/2005 22:53:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Theme

I was wondering if the game pauses when the inventory gui shows up in MI3
if anyone knows about this please tell me

o/

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I have the distinct impression that it does not.

However, it's such a minor point that I can't be bothered to install the thing to check it out. But I BELIEVE not, and I don't REMEMBER it pausing.

Mind you, my memory is terrible. Must be all the cheese.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

RyRayer

No. Game won't be paused, while inventory is opened.

Theme

edmundito

I remember that the way to pause the game  in LucasArts adventure is to press the space bar.

I think it's an interesting question, because normally with AGS if you open the inventory, the game does technically pause and waits for the GUI to close. In the SCUMM system, however, everything still runs in the background because it just uses a more complex system (which can be emulated on AGS, but not by default). Ron Gilbert explained this to me himself. :P
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Aye, but it's easy enough to do in AGS. Set the INventory GUI to "normal" instead of pop-up. :P

I just bring it up because your post, NetMundo, made it sound like it was a big thing...

Kneel. Now.

Theme

Persistent or Normal mode

I was asking that because some events don't run when the game is paused (pop modal)
and I wanted to make a MI3 like inventory gui.

EDIT: I forgot to ask one more question.. is the game paused when the Verbcoin GUI shows up? o.O  ???

o/

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

That one I remember - it's not either.

Kneel. Now.

Theme

prowler

dude you're making a mi3 interface, but you can't check for yourself? you do have the game, don't you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk