Both! (15th & 16th)
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Sun 16/12/2012 13:29:57

Jimbob

Depends if Matt finishes a game...
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

Mati256

Count me in for one of those stay at home tickets.  :)
My Blog! (En Español)

m0ds

Thanks! Good to see there is some interest. Not quite sure why it says '18 members voted' yet there are 21 votes, but what the hey! ;)

Peder, I'll look into sponsorship.

AGA

Because you can vote up to twice.  I let people do that just in case they could make the Nov or Dec dates, but not 'any'.

Peder 🚀

So, since I'm planning on going this year if AdventureX happens I wanted to see if there are any fellow AGSers in London who might have a spare room (be it a bedroom, sofa or just a patch of floor) that I could kip in during the nights while I'm there?

cat

So is it really scheduled for Sunday and Monday in December? What days of the week would the November date be? I'm interested to come, but it depends if I get off from work, a cheap flight and a place to sleep.

Stee

I am available in London 28th December - 4th Jan. I had a right headache trying to get those off in work. It's normally the same time round for me every year, I'm around the new year but not before or after. I normally spend new years in London and go home a few days after.

So it's unlikely I will be coming again this year, but I hope you all have fun  ;-D
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

AGA

Quote from: cat on Sat 18/08/2012 16:58:38
So is it really scheduled for Sunday and Monday in December? What days of the week would the November date be? I'm interested to come, but it depends if I get off from work, a cheap flight and a place to sleep.

Er, that should be the Saturday and Sunday.  So the 15th and 16th.  The November would also be those days.

m0ds

No problem. I'm open on discussion as to whether it should just be a kickstarter-esque campaign to cover the venue and VIP costs and then just have no entry fee, so that anyone can attend, as all costs are covered prior to the event and there is no worry about whether enough tickets will be sold or not. A pledge is your ticket, kind of thing. And may even come with perks like "signed photo by Dave Gilbert" (please select the $10,000 option)

m0ds

It's safe to say that Dave Gilbert will be in attendance as will Stephen Marley, and perhaps someone from this studio. Hopefully Rem will also come along to talk about The Cat Lady. I'm looking for some other special guests still but I'm pretty sure the "kickstarter campaign" will be launched shortly after Mittens. It'll be free to attend as the KS will cover all the costs and guest travel expenses.

I would drop the "oh no, not another kickstarter" line, but aren't adventure gamers the pioneers? When does a day pass that an adventure game project DOESN'T become a funding campaign? It's quite a clever financial tool to add to your inventory. If there are any strong objections and people would prefer a ticketed process please speak up :)

And of course - who will have something to show/demonstrate around December and what is it? Full games, new demos and specially made builds are most welcome, along with any particular info (like PDF's, printouts and such) will help really improve the showcasing this year. If anyone actually wants to make an appearance and talk about their project in front of the audience, let me know - and if anyone wants a table reserved for your business, something you want to demonstrate, etc etc, please let me know ASAP :) Thanks!!

WHAM

Trying to make some preparations, to ensure I can travel for this.
Quoting the Finnish police website: "...to be able to apply for a passport, you must have a passport or other means of ID (driver's license not valid for this purpose)".

...???

Looks like I'll be phoning the police station tomorrow...
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

m0ds

It's done through the police? I had no idea! Good luck! I'm in a similar boat, staying firmly on British soil this year..! Plenty of time though. Start panic mode in about a month and a half ;)

Peder 🚀

I'm not sure making this a kickstarter and FREE entry if the kickstarter is a success.. What will you do if lets say 600 people arrive?
I'm all for a kickstarter, but as a form of pre-ordering tickets. Giving different rewards for higher pledges is also not a bad idea, but like I said I think it is smart not to do a FREE entry thing, because it very well could become a problem with too many people showing up..

m0ds

I see your point, it could be any pledge for free entry then. It's just dealing with who turns up and who doesn't from a ticketed guest list that becomes a pain, it was a bit awkward last time and there weren't even too many people. 5 or 500 will be the same nuisance without someone permanently posted on the door. Not too sure, need to think about it, but like I said I know what you mean!!

magintz

The Cave sounds awesome.  I don't think WiFi is a necessity in a venue. Most people have phones these days that can access the internet. I can turn my phone into a wireless access point if we need access to something.

As for speakers, Charles Cecil would be AMAZING! Especially with his recent Kickstarter for a Broken Sword revival.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Snarky

Internet access over the phone isn't great for anyone not from the UK, who'll be hit with hefty data roaming charges.

SSH

Or you could buy a giffgaff sim, and get unlimited data for a month for 10 quid...

m0ds

Berian is asking the uni if we can use the 5 or so computers located in one of the rooms. Hopefully then some light web browsing will be possible (and hands-on game playing). Of course, if they say no, considering we're running a computer convention at their cost of £750, I will probably throw a tantrum. ;)

neon

Actually I'd love to come. But won't be possible on 15th/16th December. It would be my birthday.

Azure

I can do a short thing on working with amateur voice actors if you'd like? ( and if people are interested) I already did one panel at an anime con this year so won't be too much work to sort a presentation out.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk