http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk
Dec 7th and 8th

Please Tweet about the event! Use hashtag #adventurex

Sponsored by
Wadjet Eye Games
Zodiac Store
Yeppoh.eu - Fireflower Games - Fictiorama Studios
Screen 7 - Technocrat Games - Adventure Game Studio

Now, you can reserve a VIP key card for yourself. Games and offers will be added over time. The key card acts as our suggested donation, you can of course still attend for free! Please consider a VIP key card at http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk/vip_pass.html - thank you :)

VIP KEY CARD CURRENTLY INCLUDES:
================================
+ Primordia (Windows PC)
+ The Cat Lady (Windows PC)
+ Nancy The Happy Whore (Windows PC)
+ Doc Apocalypse (Windows PC)
+ Shadows on the Vatican - Act 1: Greed (PC)
+ 15% off at Fireflower Games
+ 15% off at Zodiac Store

As with the previous years, exhibiting and demonstrating will remain free, based on availability. Please get in touch with me or follow the link on the website for the application form! It won't take more than a few minutes to fill it out.

From the site, you can find info on sponsoring, donating, exhibiting etc and in due course all the info about games, exhibitors and schedule will become available :)

In the meantime, any questions or concerns please raise them!

Confirmed for 2013

SPECIAL GUESTS
==============
Charles Cecil (Saturday special guest)
??? ??? (Saturday special guest)
Mark Estdale (Sunday special guest)
Tim Child (Sunday special guest)

TALKS, MASTERCLASSES & FEATURES
===============================
Jon Ingold "Creating gripping interactive dialogue: how we made conversation a key part of Sorcery!"
Tom Kitchin "Challenge elements in adventure games"
James "Technocrat" Dearden "Cheating with Blender - or, using 3d modelling to make old-fashioned backgrounds"
Alasdair Beckett-King and his amazing intARRRRRactive feature
Lewis Denby "Going Pro: Lessons Learned in my first year making games full-time"
Luis Olivan "Keynotes on the Spanish adventure game scene"
Chris "IceMan" Burton demonstrating Adventure Creator (for Unity)
Jan Kavan "Creating interactive responsive music systems for a videogame"
Ashraf Samy Hegab - "Developing games in real-time"
Dave Gilbert
Kristian Fosh - "User experience"
Pieter Simoons - "Pro-active NPC's"

:grin:/

_|  |_

EXHIBITORS
==========
Yeppoh.eu
Technocrat Games
Grandpa Pixel
Owl Cave
CBE-Software
Order of Dagon Publishing
Fictiorama Studios
Playir
JD Wasabi Studios
Crystal Shard
Brainchild
Screen 7
Everture Studios
DreamFever LTD

GAMES & DEMOS (at exhibitor stands & demonstrations)
=============
Bracken Tor
Nefasto's Misadventures - Meeting Noeroze
Steve Jackson's Sorcery! 2
Codename Cygnus
H.P. Lovecraft's Dagon
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition
Dead Synchronicity
Jason The Greek
Playir
The Slaughter
Quest for Infamy
Versu
The Samaritan Paradox
Mask of the Mountain
Adventure Creator
Blackwell Epiphany
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
Jerry McPartlin

PANELS
======
To be announced!

AGS members attending (or certainly hoping to!): Mods, AGA, Azure, Ali, Dave G, Arj0n, Tamara, Miez, Cat, MattFrith, the_Synapse, Andail, Technocrat, Stee, neon, Nefasto

FLOORPLAN
=========

Azure

www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Azure

m0ds

Interesting :) A QBasic guy of the same school era, starting up under similar circumstances to me - that's good to know. And of course the similarities between himself and CJ in terms of engine development. Somewhat spooky :D But it seems those crazy ideas in the 90's are really shaping themselves these days. Nice that Quest games can be distributed as apps too. Lots of epic rambling between him and S. Brown toward the end made me chuckle "inspired by" LOL ;) Thanks for editing that video Azure!

Saltwater Taffy

I wanna goooo.

I have a question though, is there a deadline for Exhibitors to submit payment? Forgive me if I simply overlooked it, but I can't seem to find it listed anywhere.

Radiant

I'm generally interested but can't make any promises yet regarding my availability later this year.

m0ds

The following info is likely irrelevant now, as we hope to keep exhibiting and demonstrating free this year.

Spoiler

Quote from: Saltwater Taffy on Fri 10/05/2013 23:00:47
I wanna goooo.

I have a question though, is there a deadline for Exhibitors to submit payment? Forgive me if I simply overlooked it, but I can't seem to find it listed anywhere.

Hello! There is currently no deadline to this yet. Another month or so of pushing on securing the necessary funds to run the event may determine whether a deadline on exhibitors comes into effect or not. As it stands, it'll be okay to sign up as an exhibitor up to a week or two before the event (so let's say end of November). But as I say drastic issues with other funding may push that deadline back.

That will also determine if the exhibitors actually need to pay for a space or not - of course it would be great if people could exhibit for free :)
[close]

Radiant - no problem. As long as you're a "Maybe" on the Facebook page ;)

m0ds

A preliminary website is up and ready for you to scrutinize. Early in its stages of development and information though I'm afraid, but the application form for exhibiting and speaking is working ok. There is no indiegogo campaign this year, rather we hope we'll find more sponsors and people will contribute via donations and get the VIP Key Cards to enhance your experience (though this option is not available just yet). Exhibiting and such will remain free, and of course entry will also be free.

This hasn't been shared far beyond the AGS community yet just in case there are big errors or such, if you spot anything or have questions or concerns let me know. We hope to full on spread the word from the beginning of July. And still most certainly open to your special guest suggestions! Let us know who you'd like to see :)

http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk

AGA

Oh, by the way, I sent an email a while ago about checking availability, but the events woman won't be able to let me know until Friday at earliest.

m0ds

Renal Shutdown

I'm too lazy/drunk to use my eyes and/or Google.  How much would this cost a person to visit, roughly, not counting travel expenses?  I've been away from London for so long, that I could barely point it out on a map these days.

Also, would sponsoring mean I'd get a ticket, or would I be a sponsor who then had to buy a ticket?  I've no experience with crowd funding, so I'm not completely sure how it works.  Yes, even after all these years, I'm still an idiot.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

cat

Quote from: Mods on Tue 18/06/2013 08:49:17
Exhibiting and such will remain free, and of course entry will also be free.

It's free, just show up there!

Eric

Will there be more video this year? I won't be able to make it in person, but would contribute a little if there was a chance of video as in previous years.

Who am I kidding? I will likely contribute anyway!

Renal Shutdown

Quote from: cat on Tue 18/06/2013 16:26:05
It's free, just show up there!

Price-wise, I'm more curious about rough price of hotels in the area for the duration, than entrance fee to the expo itself.  Is it in a hotel, with a VIP card having a room associated with it, or is it a separate convention center entirely?

As for the 'Live-stream branding'..  Do I have to promote something sensible, or could I have a 20 minute slot on the "Multitude of Benefits and Side Effects of Man-scaping"?  Could I try to Manchurian Candidate the viewers?  Do I have to bone up on neuro-linguistic programming before the seminar?

Can I exhibit my crotch?  How do I go about demonstrating it?  Are booth babes provided, or will I have to swing by Soho before hand?
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

AGA

It's in a university, near Liverpool Street.  You're looking at a hundred minimum, unless you get some crazy last minute deal.  I think some people found a reasonably nearby hostel last year though.  cat?

Stee

Is Charles Cecil actually confirmed this year?
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Renal Shutdown

I vaguely know the University, but I don't think there was a central London campus when I'd checked.  £100's a fairly decent price, so put me down as a definite maybe.  I'll look into hotels and travels shortly.  Anything left over, budget-wise, I'll try and throw at the event itself.  250 business cards saying something like "Professional Do-Nothing" or "Freelance Asshole" is too good an opportunity to miss.

Azure

My google fu reveals there's a Youth Hostel at St Paul's about 30 min walk away ( keep that in mind if you plan on drinking :P ), so it's not super close but on the other hand it's quite cheap with private rooms at £30 or even less if you are sharing.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/YHA-London-St-Pauls/London/6977

Renal Shutdown

Quote from: Azure on Tue 18/06/2013 20:53:05
keep that in mind if you plan on drinking :P

I drunk-walked home across London, to the outskirts, from the wrong side of the river.  I woke up in a park.  30 minutes is fairly decent.

EDIT:
I'd happily share a room if others are wanting this place at a cheaper rate and are willing to put up with snoring.  (It's loud enough that you'll hear it regardless of room).

AGA

There are approximately infinity bus lines going past Liverpool Street anyway, you wouldn't necessarily have to walk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk