AdventureX 2013

Started by , Thu 18/04/2013 23:39:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Renal Shutdown

You'd let me on a bus?  Even sober's a bad idea.  Disco-pants can attest to that.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

AGA

Renal Shutdown

I've thrown up on most of the colored lines there, too.

EDIT:
That YHA place seems quite suitable, though.  Unless people have other plans set in stone, I'm certainly not opposed to that place.

Now I just need to know about bookings.  Should I wait for someone to book something?  Should I book a single place/ticket now and try to change to a dorm later?  What should I do about the crowd funding thing?  I'd at least want the free tea and coffee with the VIP card, though I'd prefer them in separate mugs if possible.  If £20 gets me a VIP card, and £25 gets me a VIP card and an advert, I'm totally tempted to randomly pimp myself.  Are there any options for a singular VIP card and more pimpage?  The current options seem to go up in VIP cards per donation, and I really doubt I could afford that many strippers on the day..
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

m0ds

Quote from: Stee on Tue 18/06/2013 20:29:53
Is Charles Cecil actually confirmed this year?

As confirmed as one can be 6 months prior to knowing any Christmas arrangements, yes. :)

cat

I've been staying at the hostel next to St. Paul's last year. It was reasonably priced, rather worn down but clean. In the morning I was walking to the venue (visting The Monument and Towerbridge on the way), in the evening I took the tube back to the hostel. Last year I booked by dorm bed in October I think, so no need to hurry here.

Technocrat

If you don't mind hostels, you're looking at about £20-30. That's what I got!

AGA

Hey cat, I think you got lost.  Tower Bridge and the monument aren't anywhere on the way from St Paul's to the venue...  Although of course they aren't far away if you deliberately visited them.

Azure

BTW just to be clear I'm not organising any kind of room share, it's up to folk to sort it out themselves. I am just providing some suggestions :)
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

cat

@AGA, yes, probably wasn't clear about it. I deliberately visited both, I wanted to do some sight seeing. I just wanted to point out that the hostel is centrally located and you can get around easily just by walking.

theSynapse

As a quick thing to point out - there are 23 weeks (or so) until Adventure X IF it's going ahead on those dates.

Trust me, 23 weeks isn't as long as it sounds!

Mods - I'll PM you regarding schedules etc.

Looking forward to it again this year. Last year was a MASSIVE step up from the first year in every way! Yay for London conventions!

theSynapse

Just been to the website - good job, looking better already!

Just a few things though - where can we make a contribution? I just tried to make one and there's no link to make one. I'm using Google Chrome if that helps.
Also, the menus and images aren't displaying properly at the top of the page. Some images are appearing behind the 'drop-down' menus.

Finally, would it be an idea to make this thread a sticky so that it's easy to find - or at least another thread/sub-forum group so that it's really easy to find the AdventureX related chit-chat?

m0ds

Cheers Tom. You'll be able to "pay moneys" from this coming weekend, the site will be better updated in a couple of days time.

It works fine on my firefox and on my smartphone. Completely fine when I try it with Chrome too...so not sure why you're getting such an issue? (If you have a screenshot I can check the code)

And sure, we will certainly sticky this thread a bit nearer the time.

selmiak

hey mods, when using bigger images resized you should resize them in Photoshop to the desired size, otherwise the browser resizes them and it might look strange (at least for people using PS all the time) while PS has nice AA and other algorithms for resizing and stuff. Other than that, damned I wish I was rich and could book a flight just now :)

m0ds

Ah, that makes sense selmiak, there is some resizing going on there definitely. I'll change that. Thankyou!

Ps. Live stream for you and others who cannot attend :)

m0ds

A small update to the website - you can now get yourself a VIP key card which acts as our suggested donation. So please head over to the website, where you'll find the link and info.

And of course, we're still looking for more sponsors, exhibitors, demonstrations and people to give talks - again you'll find the links on the site or you can get in touch with me directly if you have any questions (or here of course). Thanks for your interest in AdventureX!

adventurexpo.co.uk

arj0n

m0ds

Taleweaver

Got me my VIP ticket too - gonna be a great time again!

Azure

Wahayy everyone who's contributed so far thank you :) please keep spreading the word.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk