AdventureX 2013

Started by , Thu 18/04/2013 23:39:17

Previous topic - Next topic

magintz

Is it looking like it'll be about the same time of year? I should be back in London by mid November, and am keen to come along.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

m0ds

Hi Gary...Most likely Dec 6 + 7th yup. Good to know you'll perhaps be around for it!

cat

Quote from: Mods on Wed 18/06/2014 14:19:46
Most likely Dec 6 + 7th yup.
Since Dec 8 is a public holiday here, chances are good that I will be able to come!

Miez

I'm going to make sure to be there as well... about time I visited some AdventureX :D

CaptainD

Should have something to show this year... so definitely should be there.

Grundislav

I think I might just be there this year as well!

m0ds

Great stuff, thanks for the positives guys and gals! :)

Dave Gilbert

Bit late to this discussion, but I will definitely be there as usual! Any idea on when you'll know the location? I'd like to try and organize my plans early this year.

m0ds

Thanks Dave. The details will be locked down by the end of next week at the latest, the likely candidate is 6+7 Dec and in a Southbank Uni building nr. Elephant and Castle. I'll make a new thread by the end of next week and the website will be up (if all goes to plan) 1st Sept. I realize yourself and others have hotel arrangements to consider. Sorry for the delay, hope you can hold out just to the near end of the month :)

shaun9991

Really looking forward to this, will definitely be there this year!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Andail

Wish I could say that I'll certainly be there, but if everything goes according to plans I'll be the father of a month old baby, so maybe the timing isn't excellent.

ddq

Had an amazing time last time, will try my darnedest to make it back this year.

m0ds

Neato :) Please do say if you intend to exhibit a game as it'd be useful to know. Also if any members have any burning talk topics again raise them here. Oh, and any special guest ideas?

Technocrat

I intend to make sure to shove Technobabylon in everyone's face this time around!

cat

Any news? Flights are getting more expensive already. If I don't book soon, I guess I won't make it.

m0ds

Yep, 6+7 Dec @ Keyworth center is very very likely. Our host is just double checking the space can be ours on 6+7, hopefully I'll have the confirmation by today or tomorrow. As for the space itself, it seems very suitable for the show. I had a look around and was pretty impressed.

There's even a second building opposite the Keyworth that is a backup facility, though it's a little bit more clinical and ugly than Keyworth. But Keyworth has a large foyer, an upper pair of balconies, a large theatre, two large rooms (like the talks room at previous events) and a possible cafe though not sure they will open it on that weekend. And if we really needed them about 100 classrooms on higher floors... That said, there's cafe's and bars 5 mins from the site. And it only takes 5 mins from the tube, if that - if you take the right exit from the tube ;) I took the wrong exit so it took 10 minutes to reach (one exit puts you on the other side of a huge roundabout). Apparently there are signs in the Tube saying "Southbank Uni exit" but I didn't see them.

I intend to get a first website up this weekend or early next week. Same for an official thread here.

Miez

Andail

If it's the Elephant & Castle roundabout, I spent hours navigating that damn thing when I stayed at CJ's place during AdvX 2012.

It's almost an adventure game on its own. 

AGA

Haha, Elephant roundabout is a nightmare if you don't know the area.  We'll definitely need to make it clear on all the information which exits, crossings, etc to take to get to the venue.

Blount

I'm really looking forward to it!!! ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk