AGS AWARDS 2008 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Started by Pumaman, Fri 02/01/2009 21:43:14

Previous topic - Next topic

olafmoriarty

Can we nominate the AGS Awards Ceremony 2008 for the AGS Awards 2009? Seriously, awesome presentation.

And congrats to all the winners. Haven't played them all yet, so this was fantastic input on what to play next. The games I recognize surely deserved the awards they got.

bicilotti

Excellent job with the ceremony SSH & Friends!

Ghost

Awesmoe indeedy, SSH! And congratulations to all the winners!

Ultra Magnus

Aye, 'twas right cool, sir.
Well done to you, and everyone who submitted stuff.

Annoyingly, it gave me an idea for something I should have thought of in time to submit.
Oh well.

Also, it gave me a warning file with a string of sounds that didn't play.

And, of course, congrats to all the winners!
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Dualnames

Never thought you'd use those sprites.. Congrats to all the winners...
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AsimosVagan

Congratulations SSH for a nice presentation.

You are making it hard for yourself to do something better next year.

Congratulations for all the winners, I played every nominated game and I had fun with all of them.

I am particularly happy because all my favorite games of 2008 win something: Nanobots, QFG2VGA, Limey Lizard and Once Upon a Crime. :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

A 12 meg zip file for an awards ceremony?  Might as well be an adventure game!  :=

Very nicely done ;).

SSH

Well, indeed, Progz. Sorry that it's so big: I can try and produce a cut down version tonight, as I haven't pruned out  the unused characters, sprites, etc. I could maybe see uif I can shrink some of the audio, too.

Can I just reiterate a big thanks to everyone who helped me with this. Sorry to ProgZ and Grundislav for not including the voice files they sent me, as I was having all kinds of sound problems and also my custom speech thingy makes it harder to use speech. I'll have to try and fix that for next year!

Feel free to let me know of any bugs: I think the pause, fast forward and skip fwd/back work OK, but I haven't tried every combination at every point in the ceremony.

AsimosVagan

Quote from: SSH on Wed 11/02/2009 12:29:53
Feel free to let me know of any bugs: I think the pause, fast forward and skip fwd/back work OK, but I haven't tried every combination at every point in the ceremony.

The last music that you choose to listen from music awards continue to plays till the end of the ceremony.

IndieBoy

I love how I get a thanks for "donating" my caveman ;)

Great Awards! Great Games! Great year guys!
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

SSH

Quote from: AsimosVagan on Wed 11/02/2009 14:06:03
Quote from: SSH on Wed 11/02/2009 12:29:53

The last music that you choose to listen from music awards continue to plays till the end of the ceremony.

That's deliberate because I liked listening to the BJ music so much...  :=

Ponch

"Possibly the most passed-over character ever" indeed!

I kept hoping against hope that Prick would just grab the cup and run for the exit! I was chanting (quietly, so as not to upset my co-workers), "Do it! Do it! Who's gonna stop you? Nelly? She's half the size she was last year! And the androids are all scared of you! Get past Hasselhoff and you're home free!"

Sadly, it was not to be. I can only assume it was because SSH didn't have time to code a big action sequence so close to the deadline.

So congratulations to the winners. And thanks to SSH for going through all this work again. Awesome work as always. And nice kilt, man.

- Ponch

----------
(I also got a bunch of sound errors when it was over. Is it safe to assume those were gunshots and explosions from the action scene you didn't have time to code?)

SSH

I had a nightmare with the sounds. I just had one sound effect in there for Roger's highbrow joke, but all those imported characters with footstep noises somehow kept all triggering it, even though they used different sound numbers. So blame everyone who sent me a char with footstep noises...

Pumaman

Congrats to all the winners, nominees and indeed everyone who made a game in 2008... and of course to SSH for running the Awards and making the ceremony.

Here's to another year of game making!

Ponch

Whipped this up during my lunch break. All I have here at work is MS Paint, so no fancy photoshopping.

Thanks for making Prick one of the presenters, SSH. I really didn't expect that and it was a nice gesture. Plus it gave me the opportunity to waste time at work today! :D

- Ponch

LimpingFish

That SSH sprite always cracks me up.

Great work, SSH! And congrats to all nominees and winners!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SSH

Thanks to CJ for all of his hard work in improving the awards voting stuff this year, and for updating the games DB just now (yes, check your game page to see your shiny trophies!) However, CJ, still none of the 3 Best Innovation winners over the years have that on their pages (Linus Bruckmann, _access and Colourwise, I think)

Snake

Hehe, Ponch, you rock, man :)

SSH! Great job with the awards ceremony, I enjoyed it immensly...

...and CONGRATS to all the winners!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

ThreeOhFour

Great awards ceremony, thanks SSH! Congrats to all the winners as well :D.

Ponch, that newspaper page is hilarious! You have the right to remain awesome ;D

Makeout Patrol

The ceremony was fabulous; congrats to the winners. I actually laughed out loud when the SSH sprite wandered out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk