AGS AWARDS 2008 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Started by Pumaman, Fri 02/01/2009 21:43:14

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

OK, here's how I think the schedule will go:

Nominations close tonight at midnight GMT. I'll announce the nominations on a Stickam conference room on Saturday somewhen, then hopefully post a text list and youtube vid later.

There will then be 3 weeks or so until final voting closes. It may take CJ a few days to get the voting page finalized, I guess, but voting will then close and I'll pass the results to m0ds and try and get the ceremony game ready to be released at the same time as the ceremony, which I guess will be around 8pm on a Saturday (14th Feb?) based on previous years...

Snake

I hope I can be there this year. I always seem to miss them.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Pumaman

Nominations are now closed!

Thanks for your time taking part guys, this year 91 people submitted nominations which is good to see. I'm sure SSH will be announcing the results and the process for voting in due course.

Ultra Magnus

Quote from: Pumaman on Sat 17/01/2009 01:29:30
Nominations are now closed!

Balls.
With timing like this, I should be a drummer.

Is there any way to see what was and wasn't nominated before the voting starts?
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Nostradamus

this year 91 people submitted nominations which is good to see

I wonder how many people submitted nominations in previous years.

bicilotti

Quote from: Nostradamus on Sat 17/01/2009 15:57:29
this year 91 people submitted nominations which is good to see

I wonder how many people submitted nominations in previous years.

http://ags-ssh.blogspot.com/2008/02/ags-awards-2007.html

edit: almost double, thanks ssh and cj for the new nomination-form!

SSH

Nominations to be announced live on stickam at 4:45pm GMT (i.e. in 15 minutes sorry for short notice!) and hopefully to be youtubed shortly after:

http://www.stickam.com/loadDebateRoom.do?roomId=934193

SSH

Well, that was.... interesting...

I'll try and get a vid on youtube soon. Meanwhile... take a peek here!

Ponch

Quote from: SSH on Sat 17/01/2009 17:36:44
Well, that was.... interesting...

I'll try and get a vid on youtube soon. Meanwhile... take a peek here!

Congrats to all the nominees. :)

Looks like I've got another year of drinking heavily ahead of me again.

- Ponch

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

What, neither Barn Runner got enough nominations?  What an unjust world this can be ;(.

Also, thank you to all the people that nominated Limey and his pals for so many great things!  The bloke already feels like a winner!

LimpingFish

Aw, I missed it. :(

Well done to all, anyway. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SSH

OK, the final voting is now open (CJ or another mod, can you update the first page, please?)

Vote here!

Frodo

Well, I cast my votes, although I'm disappointed Barn Runner wasn't in any of the categories.   :(

Dualnames

I was about to say I was a little weird that hhgtg demo wasn't there but then I noticed some cool games that didn't even make it with worthing it more..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

i stole your car

Wow, a lot of the same games coming up over and over again. How many people actually played ALL the games because I've gotta say, it seems a little biased towards "vote for your favourite games out of the few that you did actually play." :(

I'm also guilty of this however.

LimpingFish

Quote from: i stole your car on Sun 18/01/2009 00:29:07
Wow, a lot of the same games coming up over and over again. How many people actually played ALL the games because I've gotta say, it seems a little biased towards "vote for your favourite games out of the few that you did actually play." :(

I'd agree to an extent. So much spread over so few titles (not to disparage any of the nominees) is a little disappointing, simply because it may not reflect all the goodness contained in the last AGS year.

But votes is votes is votes.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Play_Pretend

Barn Runner 5 is still my favorite game of 2008! :)

Ultra Magnus

Congrats to all nominees.
There are so many I've missed, I have to get playing them quick.

Quote from: i stole your car on Sun 18/01/2009 00:29:07
I've gotta say, it seems a little biased towards "vote for your favourite games out of the few that you did actually play." :(

This is true, but you can look at it as another step in the elimination process.
These games were played more than others because they got more attention, whether through word of mouth or score in the database or whatever, which is usually an indication of them being good.

Quote from: CJ
With all the nominations are all in, the 5 games that have the most nominations in each category go forward to the voting stage.

Does that mean that the categories with less than 5 games* only got that many nominations?

*i.e. Best NPC only has 4 and Best Demo only has 3.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

SSH

As in previous years minimum of 3 votes required for a game to be nominated and some of the less-than-5s are down to too-complex tied votes for 5th place (on 4 votes each so just above the threshold anyway)

Jon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk