Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

bicilotti

So it's settled!
Sat 5, Mar 2011 21:00 GMT
AGS IRC Ceremony

paolo

Quote from: SSH on Tue 22/02/2011 03:11:16
The problem with best newcomer is the definition of newcomer: forum registration date? number of completed games released? number of "proper" games released?

My interpretation of this would be who has made the best first game? In other words, a better title would be "Best First Game". Eligible would be any AGS game that is the first one ever released by an individual, whether a test game or a fully-fledged one.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: paolo on Wed 02/03/2011 18:58:39
The problem with best newcomer is the definition of newcomer: forum registration date? number of completed games released? number of "proper" games released?

My interpretation of this would be who has made the best first game? In other words, a better title would be "Best First Game". Eligible would be any AGS game that is the first one ever released by an individual, whether a test game or a fully-fledged one.

Would a demo count as a first game?

Snarky

And what counts as a first game? I have a credit for beta-testing and proof-reading, but I wouldn't think that would count as previous experience.

paolo

Quote from: Ascovel on Wed 02/03/2011 19:03:13
Quote from: paolo on Wed 02/03/2011 18:58:39

Would a demo count as a first game?

I would say so. Perhaps the award would be something like "most promising newcomer", in which case it wouldn't matter whether the game was a demo or a full game.

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 02/03/2011 19:15:24
And what counts as a first game? I have a credit for beta-testing and proof-reading, but I wouldn't think that would count as previous experience.

That's a good point. The nominee would have to be the person who contributes the bulk of the game - the artist or the person who does the scripting. It's not an easy one to pin down, so there would need to be some clear rules about who would qualify.

cat

Snake

AGS Awards?? WHAT'S THE MEANING OF IT!?!2!!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

bicilotti

TODAY!

AGS IRC CEREMONY
21:00 GMT

you can join via IRC or via the game!

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE GAME BELOW

CLICK HERE

Icey

About the avatars.

Couldn't you just set them to a specific size when they are clicked on?
It would be nice as a last minute thing.

I can do it for you before to night. :D

LUniqueDan

Group pix before the ceremony.
(Notice Dualnames as LeChuck)
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Wyz

Btw, Use Right mouse button to face a direction.

See you all in a bit! :D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

bicilotti

Al_Ninio

Here is the raw, unformatted log from the ceremony: CLICK!
Note that you will have to go through plenty of applause and the usual mIRC chaos.

Technocrat

Well, my apologies for not being able to attend, but I'm very pleased that Operation: FORKLIFT managed to do so well! Now I just need to get people to play the damned thing!

And congratulations to all the other winners as well!

mode7

I made a recording of it. its 1.3GB. If anyone is interested I could upload it. I just don't know if youtube supports these lengths.

FSi++

Quote from: mode7 on Sun 06/03/2011 08:48:25
I made a recording of it. its 1.3GB. If anyone is interested I could upload it. I just don't know if youtube supports these lengths.

Didn't they change the time limit to 60 minutes lately?

Tabata

I would propose, that the creators be awarded with a badge of honor for this successful live interactive “AGS-art”.

I'll hold my pic in loving memory for this very special night with lot's of beloved „people“ around and my bunny-classmates.   

Peder 🚀

Damn... I totally forgot about this :(. Looks like loads of people turned up using the program!
I assume this will be THE thing to do in the future too? ;D.

Tabata

Here you have my present for those, who made the AGS-Awards-Ceremony possible, the way it happened.

Created and given by a groupie (with little skills, but lots of love) to

... Wyz, Dualnames, m0ds, bicilotti and JimReed (as named in the Readme).

Of course you are not obliged to ruin your signature with it, but these honour badges are here for you to show, how much I love and worship your work.

Edit:
Since ImageShack brings more and more problems, I uploaded the honour-medals elsewhere and replaced them here now.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk