AGS Awards 2011 (check the results!)

Started by , Sat 31/12/2011 22:35:12

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

The clap button in the awards game did play the sound, but not write "clap". I suppose most people used the button.

AGA

Quote from: bicilotti on Mon 07/05/2012 17:56:38
Quote from: AGA on Mon 07/05/2012 17:20:23
Okay, here's the IRC log of the ceremony.

I like how the last sentence of it all is:

<@bicilotti> NOW LET'S RIOT

There seems to have been a distinct lack of clappiness compared to previous years, or is it just my failing memory?

My log actually went on for ages after that, but I thought that was an amusing place to end.

Vince Twelve

Aww, I missed it this year!  Shoot!

Big congratulations to all the winners, especially TheJBurger for all the wins!  And special congrats to Kris and Baron for your well-deserved awards!

Bring it on 2012!

Ponch

Thanks, AGA. Now I can relive both my crushing defeat and Stee's creepy obsession with stalking me for years to come!  (laugh)

Stee

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 07/05/2012 19:28:10
Thanks, AGA. Now I can relive both my crushing defeat and Stee's creepy obsession with stalking me for years to come!  (laugh)

:-D

You shouldn't have moaned about all the characters staring at your screen Ponchy   :P
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Ponch

See? He's still stalking me. I may have to call the Internet Police!  ;)

kaputtnik

Hooray for all the winners and hooray for the best music award for ~airwave~, and boo to .rar files and Linux netbooks and for arriving just in time for Dualnames completely prohibiting any kind of clapping whatsoever, haha.  :-[ :-*
I, object.

Dualnames

Ishmael, among others, suggested to de-clutter the awards channel from clapping.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Akril15

This was the first AGS Awards ceremony I've ever attended, and I had a terrific time.

Thank you very, very much to the people who voted for Adventure: All in the Game as well as the people who helped to put this event together!

Khris

Damn, that took me completely by surprise! :-D
Thanks a lot for that great award, and congrats to all other winners and participants!

(in case you still don't know what MUC means)

Stupot

It was great fun. I had a gas, even though I should've been writing my dissertation.
Congrats to the winners.

Why isn't there a more general version of the programme?  I mean one that is just for general fun and games rather than just the awards ceremony? This needs to be addressed by those who can... Have multiple rooms including a bar, library, games room etc :-) IT could be amazing  :P

P.S. @Dualnames, where did you disappear to at the end?

Eric

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 08/05/2012 00:27:17
It was great fun. I had a gas, even though I should've been writing my dissertation.

I did chapter corrections, resubmitted and got excellent feedback in return, all during the ceremony.

(What's your field?)

Stupot

Quote from: Eric on Tue 08/05/2012 01:01:36

I did chapter corrections, resubmitted and got excellent feedback in return, all during the ceremony.

(What's your field?)

Cripes. You put me to shame.  I'm researching suicide in Japan.  It's only 6000 words, but I'm so behind and the deadline is the 16th.

Eric

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 08/05/2012 02:30:05Cripes. You put me to shame.  I'm researching suicide in Japan.  It's only 6000 words, but I'm so behind and the deadline is the 16th.

Haha, what level are you writing this dissertation for? For my Ph.D., mine are supposed to be roughly 8,000 word chapters, and I owe seven of those in July with only three done so far (not that it's a contest -- I've had a year and a half already to work on mine!).

EDIT: That 'haha' was meant to imply that I'm not putting anyone to shame, because I'm so far behind, not to laugh at your deadline, or suicide in Japan!

Icey

Can I please get a PM of the source? I asked for it last year but never got it :(

Ponch

Why isn't there a more general version of the programme?  I mean one that is just for general fun and games rather than just the awards ceremony? This needs to be addressed by those who can... Have multiple rooms including a bar, library, games room etc :-) IT could be amazing  :P

THIS! We need the AGS Tiki Lounge and we need it now! I demand a pool and a karaoke machine. Also, we need a neon Larry Vales head over the clubhouse. SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Also, Duals disappeared through a secret passage to the speak easy underneath the stage. You could have joined us, Stupot, but I guess no one told you the secret password. (Hint: It's Oceanspirit Dennis sent me.)  :cool:

Akril15

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 08/05/2012 04:01:27

THIS! We need the AGS Tiki Lounge and we need it now! I demand a pool and a karaoke machine. Also, we need a neon Larry Vales head over the clubhouse. SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
I would love it if something like that existed! I'd even be willing to contribute some more characters to choose from.

bicilotti

Quote from: Noctis on Tue 08/05/2012 03:59:52
Can I please get a PM of the source? I asked for it last year but never got it :(

You should ask Duals, he for sure has the source.

kaputtnik

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 07/05/2012 21:08:43
Ishmael, among others, suggested to de-clutter the awards channel from clapping.

I am sure there was a very good reason for this, I just wanted to express my "hot damn I'm late for the party and there's dead people in my cake"-feeling I got when I joined the channel, haha.

EDIT: That 'haha' was meant to imply that I'm not putting anyone to shame, because I arrived so late, not to laugh at de-cluttering things, or dead people in cakes!

I, object.

Ghost

Quote from: kaputtnik on Tue 08/05/2012 14:40:48
dead people in my cake"-feeling

Where? Dead people and cake make a good mix!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk