AGS Awards 2013! - Wieners (and winners)

Started by , Tue 31/12/2013 22:58:06

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Quote from: Eric on Thu 06/02/2014 14:30:41
(I notice that Owl Cave is listed as Own Cave -- not sure if us plebeians are allowed to edit the page, but thought I'd draw attention to the typo.)

It's a wiki!  Everyone can edit.

AprilSkies

Thank you so much to everyone who nominated my game!
I am sincerely grateful and honored (and of course so happy) to be nominated, but especially to be nominated alongside such superb games.
... and of course congratulations to all other nominees!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Volcan

Thank you who nominated my game. Good luck for all authors too.

kaput

Congrats to the nominees ;) (hooray for Conspirocracy!). I have to say I am quite surprised Skumring isn't there, though. WTF, folks :P.

Gribbler

Holy moly! Four nominations! Thank you so much guys. We're delighted you liked our game so much.

It's tuxedo time for Mr. Nameless! Yay! :D

Vince Twelve

Congrats to the nominees!  I confess, this is the first year in a long time that I didn't nominate.  I didn't have time to play many games.  But now I've got a nice (and much shorter) list of games to check out before the vote!  Looking forward to checking them out!

(And it's about time I got rid of this avatar.)

DoorKnobHandle

Thanks for nomating The Art of Dying in Best Non-Adventure AGS Game, Best Programming and Best Gameplay!

bicilotti

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Thu 06/02/2014 19:18:59
Thanks for nomating The Art of Dying in Best Non-Adventure AGS Game, Best Programming and Best Gameplay!

What about best game? I think it's the first Non-adv which manages to get in the magic five shortlist for best game!

@Volcan: FYC is your pet peeve :P will prod m0ds!

DoorKnobHandle

Oh haha, I didn't even see that for some reason. That's really cool, thank you to everybody that nominated!

Radiant

On behalf of all of Crystalshard, let me say we are very grateful for your support. Thank you all!

Yeppoh

Congratulations to all the nominees! This year looks interesting and varied!

AprilSkies

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 06/02/2014 15:55:27
I can't wait to have my heart broken come the day of the ceremony! :=

LOL (laugh)
Do you remember Mortal Kombat's fatalities? That's what Heroin's Quest (one of the best games I ever played) will do against our games (laugh)
In my country we use to say: "Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar!"

www.apemarina.altervista.org

miguel

In my country people that are nominated for international awards but don't win any are made ridicule for the rest of their lives. It's not that bad considering that not being nominated results in weekly stonings by the local folk. Now that's embarrassing: buying bread from the guy that just hit you with a rock in the nose.
Just wanted you to know that.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Adeel

Quote from: miguel on Fri 07/02/2014 11:28:57
In my country people that are nominated for international awards but don't win any are made ridicule for the rest of their lives. It's not that bad considering that not being nominated results in weekly stonings by the local folk. Now that's embarrassing: buying bread from the guy that just hit you with a rock in the nose.
Just wanted you to know that.

On the brighter side, they aren't made to remove their testicles! (laugh)

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tenacious Stu

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to anyone who voted for Time Stone during the nominations, it's an honour. Best Puzzles, Best Short Game and Best NPC for Dragon, although he's got some stiff competition with Rabbit in there. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play as many AGS games as I would have liked to this year, but those that I did got a few nominations. Congratulations to all of the nominees.

san.daniele

My dear little Casper and his game have been nominated! Weeeee!
I have to admit I kinda counted on it, just because the graphics are so much "different" ;)

thanks to Cat for pointing at Cross Stitch Casper in the "for your consideration" topic.
Wish I would be more active here, but my live has been upside down since a week after I released the game (2 small children, big move). I'm still skimming the forums every now and then but just can't seem to find the time to sit down and contribute.

Back on topic: thanks everyone who voted for me. If you didn't play Cross Stitch Casper yet, do it now. It's an investment of half an hour that I'm almost sure you won't regret.

dactylopus

It's a shame that after so much debate, we decided to allow Primordia to compete, and it didn't get even one nomination.  I played the Demo and loved it, and hoped to see it in the nominees.

Congratulations to all who were nominated!  There are some great games up there, and I'm eager to cast my votes!

bicilotti

Quote from: dactylopus on Sun 09/02/2014 05:44:13
It's a shame that after so much debate, we decided to allow Primordia to compete, and it didn't get even one nomination.  I played the Demo and loved it, and hoped to see it in the nominees.

Primordia did not compete. I asked Dualnames about his intentions and he politely and firmly stated that he did want to withdraw the game from the awards (hence votes for Primordia were disregarded).

dactylopus

Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 09/02/2014 06:28:29
Quote from: dactylopus on Sun 09/02/2014 05:44:13

Primordia did not compete. I asked Dualnames about his intentions and he politely and firmly stated that he did want to withdraw the game from the awards (hence votes for Primordia were disregarded).
Well then that's also a shame, as I feel it would have done very well and it deserves to be recognized.  Thanks for the clarification, though.  It seemed odd, and it's good to know what went down.

And now I'll just say good luck to all of the nominees!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk