AGS Awards 2015: SOON

Started by , Fri 25/12/2015 09:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

If it is apparent already, it's time to nominate!

"Theirs" also a pm with the links and info in your inbox! ;)

CaptainD

Oops I was going to query why Space Tunneler wasn't in the list and when I checked realised I'd released it on 1st January 2016! :-[:-[

cat

Why do I have to name a specific character in the "Best character art" category? I thought this category was about character art in general.

AGA

Quote from: cat on Tue 01/03/2016 19:07:35
Why do I have to name a specific character in the "Best character art" category? I thought this category was about character art in general.

Bug.  Fixed!

m0ds

Thanks!

Haha, the ghost of Best NPC past...

AGA

m0ds

Him or blowie, yes!

Bump. Thanks for nominating so far folks! 0.22% of the community, that is ;)

Still plenty of time to do it though :=

m0ds

NOMINATE PEOPLE! 7 days left. Not many people have yet... f*** all people tbh, but thanks to those of you who have ;)

Spread the word - OI, GET NOMINATING! :=

Cassiebsg

I thought the deadline was on the 15th? Am I wrong or what?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Problem

Uh, are all the lists supposed to contain all the games? Why can you nominate commercial games for "best freeware"? Or why can you nominate full length games for "best short game" or "best demo", and regular adventure games for "best non-adventure game"? Does that make any sense?

m0ds

That's one for AGA. I have no idea why it isn't more defined per category. I can however answer that the 15th is correct. But you can always go back and edit your nom noms so feel free to submit a draft today :)

AGA

Because the database isn't designed that way.  Games have no information stored that describes them well enough to categorise them.  And I'm definitely not going to categorise a hundred games myself!  If lots of people are stupid enough to nominate a game for an inappropriate category, that's their nominations wasted, so it doesn't really have an impact.

[delete}

That's the spirit. :=   Couldn't find Space Tunneler by CaptainD in the nominations list. Perhaps I just missed it.

CaptainD

Quote from: Red Fez on Wed 09/03/2016 08:42:24
(1) Couldn't find Space Tunneler by CaptainD in the nominations list. Perhaps I just missed it.

Sorry this is my fault - I did mention it on the FYC page, but when I saw it wasn't on the noms page I went back and checked, I'd actually released it on 1st January 2016!  (So if you wer going to be kind enough to nomintate it, please remember it in a year's time! ;))

Cassiebsg

Quit question... were did my nominations went?
I nominated some the other day, now Ihave a bit of time, so thought I would continue, but the list are empty! Can't see what I have and have not nominated anywhere? 8-0

CaptainD

Cassie do you have this message at the top of your page? 
"AGS Awards nominations close at 17:59 GMT on Tuesday 15 March 2016. You've already nominated, so you've got 2 days and 20 hours left to wait before nominations close!"

I think it's done so you can re-nominate if you want.  What I'm not sure about is whether what you nominate after your first set is added to what you've already nominated, or completely replaces it.

Cassiebsg

No, I have:
Nominations close at 17:59 GMT on Tuesday 15 March 2016, so you've still got 2 days and 20 hours left to play the games and decide which are deserving of your nomination!

CaptainD

Hmm... something could have gone wrong I guess, but Mark will be able to confirm if your nominations have been received.

Cassiebsg

Guess the question is: Does the site use cookies to check for who voted and what they voted for, or if it checks from the server the submitted info. At the moment, am inclined to believe it uses cookies, as that would explain why it disappeared...

AGA

It checks the nominations database.  According to which, Cassiebsg has voted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk