AGS Awards 2015: SOON

Started by , Fri 25/12/2015 09:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

I've been tucked away for some months working (a lot) (also on some games tbh), but the nominations time pushed me back! (laugh)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

m0ds

Less than 24 hours left to nominate games - to make sure some games are involved in this years awards ;) Thanks to those who did it today or yesterday and bumped up the count, would be nice to get some more in the last hours! 0.44% of the community, not quite half a percent... so poke some people and let's try to make it at least half a percent representation :) this includes me, who still needs to nominate in the next 18 hours.

Mandle

Quote from: Mods on Mon 14/03/2016 23:06:47
0.44% of the community, not quite half a percent...

Is that active community or total community?

I'm assuming the latter, in which case the percentage isn't very surprising. If it were the former then I would be shocked.

NickyNyce

I waited as long as I could to nominate, so I could play as many games as possible.

Sad to say, I didn't even make a little dent in the games list.

Stupot

Quote from: NickyNyce on Tue 15/03/2016 00:00:46
I waited as long as I could to nominate, so I could play as many games as possible.

Same. I hate this time of year because it always reminds me how many cool games I never actually get around to playing.

I have nominated now, but havent got time to vote in all categories.  Though, Vistor 3 has done well out of me, nomitation-wise :-)

I also enjoyed nominating 'Jimi Hendrix' as my favourite character from Jimi Hendrix Case :-D

m0ds

4 hours more! Don't forget, you do NOT have to nominate each category, hell if you just nominate 1 category, it is appreciated!

Anyhoo I think that's the last time I'm gonna say this, so thank you for doing it over the last couple of weeks! :)

ps I'm not sure "active" community is even measurable?
pps 0.51% now, yay!

Tramponline

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 12/03/2016 21:28:46
I think it's done so you can re-nominate if you want.  What I'm not sure about is whether what you nominate after your first set is added to what you've already nominated, or completely replaces it.
I'm still somewhat unsure about that point.

Just in case people want to add further nominations in one category or other in the next two hours, would this action render prior nominations void?
(Sorry in advance, if this has been clarified already and I simply overlooked it.)   

Ponch

Quote from: NickyNyce on Tue 15/03/2016 00:00:46

Same here. I always feel a little guilty about it because I just wind up nominating the games I liked / remembered while loads more went unplayed. :undecided:

Stupot

0.51% of 8631 people is still more than 40 people. I call that a good number compared to the 0.16% who have voted in MAGGIES (and had twice as long to do so :undecided: )

Hobo

These numbers are actually surprisingly low. Has it been like this in the past years?
On the other hand it's good to know that each vote really matters and carries a lot of weight.
My props to the vocal minority :)

Radiant

Quote from: Mods on Tue 15/03/2016 14:00:11ps I'm not sure "active" community is even measurable?

For instance, take all members whose last login date is less than a year ago.

m0ds

People nominated and every category has its max number of entries... that's what counts. Pretty much every game from the list got nominated at one point or another (though that doesn't necessarily mean they made the top 5) well, except that Ocenaspirit dennis entry (laugh) (sorry)

So thank you! We'll get voting underway hopefully on Monday :)

ps. No idea on previous years, aga or bici might know. It's not a big deal though. Nominations are the more difficult task, as many say it can be quite hard if you've not played many games in the year. But even 1 or 2 nominations in just 1 or 2 categories is appreciated. Anyhoo, done and dusted now, time to move on!

m0ds

Just a little notice to say voting will start this evening at 6pm GMT. The forum will undoubtedly remind you at the top :)

cat

Could you finally announce the nominees officially? I mean, they have been visible in the DB for a few days already...

Marion

AGA

Here are the nominees.  I need to make the formatting match other years', but you'll get the gist of it.

CaptainD

Quote from: AGA on Mon 21/03/2016 16:16:35
Here are the nominees.  I need to make the formatting match other years', but you'll get the gist of it.

Thanks AGA! :cheesy:

KodiakBehr

Thanks for this AGA.  If possible, grateful if you add Problem as the co-creator of Rogue State.

cat

Thanks, AGA! I noticed they were in the DB when looking through the recent comments on the side of the game page...

Congrats to all nominees! Lots of my favourites got nominated (though I'm a bit sad that others didn't).

I'm super excited that Cornelius Cat got 3 nominations 8-0 :-D
With all the amazing games that were eligible for nomination, I didn't think this would be possible...

Now comes the hardest part - the voting! I have no idea how I should go about deciding on the best game in each category. They are all great!

paolo

Yay, voting is OPEN!

"AGS Awards votes close at 17:59 GMT on Monday 04 April 2016", reads the banner.

Given that the clocks go forward next weekend, is that 18.59 British Summer Time?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk