AGS Awards 2015 : Winners Announced

Started by Jack, Fri 10/06/2016 01:09:49

Previous topic - Next topic

[delete}

When I entered (too) late, there were only boobs, Jack and empty glasses.

m0ds

Here are ye 2 missing awards

Lifetime Achievement - Peder Johnsen, for his services with AGS archives, hosting (agser.me) and many other contributions over the years. Little explanation is needed, so well done Peder!

Innovation - ddq (Drew Wellman), AdventureX 2015 Live Stream*

*Although not quite so specific to AGS itself as previous winners, ddq/Drew did a fantastic job providing AGS folks and others the chance to watch talks and demonstrations about AGS games, tutorials etc in HD quality with excellent audio and very few, if any, faults along the way. He came from america to do it and was totally on the ball at the event. Sometimes it's not all about the engine (as lifetime achievement often isn't) but also about the innovations and ideas people have outside of the engine, for the community, and how they execute them. There was positive feedback about the stream and clearly something AGS folks want to experience again (in some capacity, not necessarily AdventureX, but thats where this one happened!) Well done Drew!

Stupot

Congrats Peder and Drew.
Can't disagree with those.
The AdventureX stream was a massive improvement over previous years. And Peder is just an amazing dude who is long overdue some official recognition for all the great work he's done and will hopefully continue to do.

cat

Very well deserved! Congrats Peder and Drew - you both did a great job for the community!

Snarky

Huzzah! Peder should have won Lifetime Achievement long ago. I didn't catch any of AdventureX live, but from videos I watched of it later on it was clear that the whole setup was a big improvement, so kudos to Drew as well!

SinSin

Congrats to all winners, entirely well deserved.
Also Kudos to Mark and jack for getting the awards done.
(laugh)
Currently working on a project!

Ponch

LostTrainDude

Congrats to all the winners and participants :) So many great titles! I'm happy that some of my 2015 favourites got some recognition!
Also, congratulations to Peder and Drew for their totally deserved awards, and a big shout out to all those who made the Awards possible :)

I was very thankful and excited to be among the nominees, thanks to all those who voted for A Landlord's Dream's Sound and Music :)
And, of course, thanks to Kastchey and CaptainD for their gigantic contribution to the development! Without them, the game would have never been possible!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

AGA

I've tagged all the winners in the games and forums databases, so people should have their little icons, mentions on their profiles, and credits in their games page entries.  Please let me know if I missed something.

BarbWire

Hi Guys

What an anti-climax!!!!

All the great games nominated and nearly every category award
went to just two games.

Congrats to the winners, but I'm surprised there weren't others.

Mandle

Quote from: BarbWire on Mon 20/06/2016 15:03:03
All the great games nominated and nearly every category award
went to just two games.

I guess you weren't here when Heroine's Quest came out... :P

AGA

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 20/06/2016 16:28:41
I guess you weren't here when Heroine's Quest came out... :P

Or basically any year.  Pretty much since the Awards started one game each year has won the vast majority of the awards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk