AGS BAKE SALE II: ALL DONE!

Started by Ponch, Mon 05/05/2014 19:05:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: donkeymilk on Mon 23/06/2014 00:31:22
BakeSaleII.zip
I hope this isn't one of those torrent things I've heard about. (wrong) ;)

donkeymilk

no,i think most people are quite kind to bakesale files.

Though i'm hoping to get to play them eventually.

Ghost

Quote from: donkeymilk on Mon 23/06/2014 22:51:35
no,i think most people are quite kind to bakesale files.

The first time round I found one uploaded torrent of RAM Ghost. It had two downloads. I was super proud- you know you've made your mark when someone goes and pirates your freeware game (laugh)

Ponch

Yeah, there are a few torrents that have some of my games in them too... games I give away for free on my website. Oh, Internet. You never stop being entertaining! :cool:

AGA

Torrents aren't designed specifically for warez, ya know.  Plenty of geek communities use them for free downloads; try downloading a Linux distro torrent - it'll probably be the fastest you'll ever find, because it'll be so well seeded.

Ghost

Quote from: AGA on Wed 25/06/2014 07:57:51
Torrents aren't designed specifically for warez, ya know.

These days I know (I admit I needed someone to point that fact out to me, though. I still mostly go torrent == warez). But putting a game on a torrent while it is being sold IS piracy.
So my game GOT pirated before it went freeware.

So I still feel cool. :=

CaptainD

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 25/06/2014 12:30:00
So I still feel cool. :=

Clutching at straws mate, but I don't blame you. 8-)

Ponch

Linux Disco you say? Sign me up!

donkeymilk

how soon will these bake sale games turn up for easy download ,no torrents.

selmiak

NEVAR AGAIN! or maybe in a year... you missed it!

Ponch

Quote from: donkeymilk on Wed 25/06/2014 22:05:14
how soon will these bake sale games turn up for easy download ,no torrents.
The games return to the creators one year from now. You can get them for free then. :smiley:

donkeymilk

A year???!!! seems like an awfully  long time :(

The world might end before then and us paupers will never get to see or play  them.

Ghost

Quote from: donkeymilk on Sat 05/07/2014 23:51:12
A year???!!! seems like an awfully  long time :(

Agreed, but how would you feel if you bought a game and are then told that one month later it's available to everyone for free? There has to be some sort of "exclusiveness" and the first sale's games have almost all made it "back into freeware" by now. Or not, but that's up to the author.
There's this huge database of quality freeware AGS games RIGHT HERE though. Should cover your adventure cravings for a good six years! RAM Ghost is pretty cool (and was part of the first Bake Sale). And there's a series of games where some guy runs around in a barn. I think cows are involved at some point. Also try Don't Push The Button. We still need someone to tell us how to beat THAT ONE.

Baron

Gentlemen, you miss the point.  Our good friend donkeymilk doesn't want just any AGS game.  He desperately wants to get his hands on at least one of the phenomenally hilarious and high-quality games included in this year's Bake Sale II bundle!  And who can blame him?  Scantily clad female mounties driving motorbikes in ass-less chaps down the frozen, empty highways of post-apocalyptic Canada; demonic canine and sadistic avian antagonists frolicking about the Schmendersons' apartment; 1001 ways to win (and lose) beer; and a sure-fire roadmap to commercial AGS success: what's not to covet?  :=

Ghost

I agree. And that is why I HAVE these games :=

Ponch

Oh, Donkeymilk, don't fret buddy. These next ten months will fly by! Those games will be free before you know it. :smiley:

Adeel

Fear not, dear donkeymilk! The world was supposed to end in 2012 but look: it's been 2 years since that supposedly apocalypse. I don't think this world is going to end any time soon unless we, humans, go totally retard and try to set off Hydrogen bombs just for lulz. :=

This makes me wonder... What if the world actually ended in 2012 and we all are living in afterlife?  :tongue:

Baron

If movies and video games are anything to go by, apocalypses tend to play out over weeks and months instead of seconds and minutes.  If the world starts to lurch into an obvious apocalypse (up to and including: meteor, zombies, ebola, WW3, famine, pestilence, floods, ice age, Vogons, Zentraedi, Daleks, drought, nuclear disaster, Sentinels, Terminators, Matrices, Apes, AIDS, bubonic plague, pneumonic plague, MERS, Swine Flu, Spanish Flu, Portuguese Testicle Syndrome, weird unexplainable vegetative off-gassing that causes human beings to kill themselves by taking over their will and compelling them to do any number of crazy or gruesome actions that induce head or organ trauma instead of just making them choke on their own tongues :P, and a direct hit from a Steve Buscemi fart), I hereby pledge that I will break ranks with my Bake Sale Brothers and release my game for all to play before you flee everything you ever knew in a last ditched and hopeless attempt at survival against all odds. ;)

Ghost

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sun 06/07/2014 09:12:04
This makes me wonder... What if the world actually ended in 2012 and we all are living in afterlife?  :tongue:

We don't. Half Life 3 has not yet been released!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk