AGS Website Redesign

Started by Hobbes, Sat 29/05/2021 04:30:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahuel

Dark theme works perfectly fine, It's excellent!!
Life isn't a game. Let's develop a life-like-game.

Nahuel

There's a few things with the text on I Can Help With: that after ' it's adding #codes  :undecided:

AGA

Quote from: Nahuel on Sun 18/09/2022 21:42:29There's a few things with the text on I Can Help With: that after ' it's adding #codes  :undecided:

Those need to be fixed individually.  Can you please give exact examples?

Cassiebsg

Can we get a direct link to "All Unread Topics" along side the top (Unread Posts & Updated Topics) ?

PS: Also, what happened to the direct links to the website? Namely to the Games page and Manual?
Can we get them back as well?

PSPS: I like the light blue theme better, but don't like the "white"... can we replace it with another colour? Light green (as before) or maybe light grey, or even lighter blue...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Nahuel

Quote from: AGA on Sun 18/09/2022 21:48:43
Quote from: Nahuel on Sun 18/09/2022 21:42:29There's a few things with the text on I Can Help With: that after ' it's adding #codes  :undecided:

Those need to be fixed individually.  Can you please give exact examples?

Unfortunately I already changed those text but as soon as I get some examples I will be posting, I think it's for special chars such as ! and ' etc.

And by the way, thanks for this change it was a hard work and really appreciated. Chapeau! :smiley:

eri0o

the lifetime achievement, the little heart, disappeared from the avatars!

AGA

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 18/09/2022 22:12:07Can we get a direct link to "All Unread Topics" along side the top (Unread Posts & Updated Topics) ?

How does this differ from the content on the Updated Topics page?  I'm pretty sure I just relabelled the page in the previous version.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 18/09/2022 22:12:07PS: Also, what happened to the direct links to the website? Namely to the Games page and Manual?
Can we get them back as well?

I'll do this eventually.

Quote from: Nahuel on Sun 18/09/2022 22:20:30I think it's for special chars such as ! and ' etc.

Yeah, this issue comes up every now and then.  I just need definite examples so I can do a find and replace to fix it.

Quote from: eri0o on Sun 18/09/2022 22:22:52the lifetime achievement, the little heart, disappeared from the avatars!

It's meant to be there, will fix!

Cassiebsg

Quote from: AGA on Sun 18/09/2022 22:30:08How does this differ from the content on the Updated Topics page?  I'm pretty sure I just relabelled the page in the previous version.

No idea. Don't know how that one works.  :-[
Maybe it works just as well.
I'll start using it, and if I see it leaves some posts out, I'll let you know. ;)

EDIT: Tested, and updated gives some weird results. Here's a screen cap of the 3 options:

Recent Unread:

Updated:

All unread:

So... Updated doesn't do anything for me (not sure what's it showing), and Recent cuts it a bit too short (specially if it turns out to be as short memory as the previous version of the forum - otherwise is fine). Guess I'm back to wishing a direct link to All Unread. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Ahhh, I still remember the clunky old website like it was just yesterday.

AGA

@Cassiebsg "Show unread topics since last visit" linked to "?action=unread"; "Show all unread topics" linked to "?action=unread;all;start=0", "Show new replies to your posts" linked to "?action=unreadreplies".  So https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0 should give you what you're missing?  I'll readd it at some point.

TheFrighter

It is more relaxing for the eyes, I think.

_

Snarky

Congratulations on the new forums launch!

Of things still to fix, I'm looking forward to new code formatting; the current "huge white text on a wooden background" is not quite the thing.

AGA

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 19/09/2022 10:33:43Of things still to fix, I'm looking forward to new code formatting; the current "huge white text on a wooden background" is not quite the thing.

I've changed this to another theme.  I chose the brown one mainly because it wasn't white or black, which most of the other ones are; the plugin sillily applies the same PrismJS theme regardless of which forums theme you use.

AGA

@eri0o Newlines in code should be fixed.
@Nahuel All the help text weird characters should be fixed.

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Sun 18/09/2022 20:59:43Hey @AGA , previously, inline code was possible using the tt BBCode tag, do you know if there is anything similar in the new forum?

tt is deprecated, but the forum will render any preexisting usages.  Try pre?

Nahuel

Quote from: AGA on Mon 19/09/2022 12:44:38@Nahuel All the help text weird characters should be fixed.

Excellent news thanks a lot for that @AGA !

heltenjon

Hmmm...the list of games a member has worked on in their profile page is now sorted alphabetically instead of by date. I don't know if this is a conscious design choice or coincidence. Personally, I liked having the newest entry on top.

AGA

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 19/09/2022 13:24:14Hmmm...the list of games a member has worked on in their profile page is now sorted alphabetically instead of by date. I don't know if this is a conscious design choice or coincidence. Personally, I liked having the newest entry on top.

Fair point!  I've fixed it.

AGA

Quote from: AGA on Mon 19/09/2022 00:08:10@Cassiebsg "Show unread topics since last visit" linked to "?action=unread"; "Show all unread topics" linked to "?action=unread;all;start=0", "Show new replies to your posts" linked to "?action=unreadreplies".  So https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0 should give you what you're missing?  I'll readd it at some point.

This is now implemented.

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Sun 18/09/2022 22:22:52the lifetime achievement, the little heart, disappeared from the avatars!

Argh, I spent aaaages digging around in the code to work out why the icons were visible in dev but not prod.  Turned out it was because the database caches were out of date after the release.  Should all be fine now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk