Armikrog - A new point and click adventure from the creators of The Neverhood

Started by Armageddon, Thu 30/05/2013 20:56:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

So adventure games are really booming again. The creators of The Neverhood just launched their new Kickstarter for Amrikrog, go check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog?ref=live

Greg Squire

Yeah Armikrog looks awesome! I'm a fan of claymation. I might just have to back this one.

Fitz

"What do you make of this guy?"
"Hm... An omelette!"

This is gonna be fun.

And when it comes and blows everyone away, I bet DreamWorks/M$/whoever owns the coppyright to the Neverhood will try to capitalize on the sudden interest. Expect a half-assed, Unity 3D-based Neverhood sequel in a month from Omikrog's release.

awakening

Putting aside any bad stuff the dude has said, The Neverhood was the game that introduced me to point n clicks, I grew up with it, fell in love with it.
And it's safe to say the music and the insane style of it influenced my brother and myself artistically.

I can't wait for this game.

Snarky

(Mod note: Discussion of Doug Tennapel's political views has been moved here)

Lt. Smash

Five days left to back this nice adventure game but still a lot of money left to make it real:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

They have added some nice add-ons and tiers for all who would like to pledge some money.

It would be lovely to see this game come alive :) (it was one of the first games I remember playing...)

Ghost

I remember charming clay-animation. I also remember having to read a LITERAL wall of text. Took me over an hour I think. Back those days they had the guts to annoy a player  (laugh)

Stupot

I don't think they're going to make the goal.  They asked for too much in my opinion. And despite raising a third of the money in the first few days, they couldn't keep up any meaningful momentum. Even the last-minute surge is probably not going to push them over the line.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 22/06/2013 13:30:34
They asked for too much in my opinion.

Well, I don't think they asked too much when taking in account production costs. Animating in clay and making it work within a game is way more expensive and time-consuming than producing the kind of visuals that, say, Double Fine Adventure or Broken Sword 5 has. Also, Revolution and Double Fine have all the equipment, contacts and team force they need for this kind of job, while these guys haven't made a game in years if I'm not mistaken.

Wyz

I will be very sad and depressed if this game doesn't make it. :(
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Greg Squire

Whoa I thought this wasn't going to happen, but they are now getting close. Just under $53,000 from their goal now. I'm getting excited about this again. I would love to see this happen.  I'm going to be upping my pledge.

Fitz

Yeah, over the past week it seemed to have stopped at just about 600k -- and then yesterday it was 730k all of a sudden, and rising every minute. I decided to back it, too. Fingers crossed!

Lt. Smash

You would never believe it, but we just DID IT!
$900,000 to create a wonderful spiritual successor of the Neverhood.

Armikrog. Seize the Clay!

Greg Squire

Wow! They got their miracle. It's going to happen after all. So excited!

Khris

It's because Notch tweeted about it (the guy who made Minecraft).

blueskirt

No, it's just been a constant with kickstarters, people only go into crazy pledge mode during the first and the last few days.

Fitz

Same with online auctioning sites - eBay and the like. It looks quiet, like no one's interested in the item - until the last thirty minutes or so, and eventually the item reaches 10 times the suggested price.

Anyway, it gets more and more interesting. There's even going to be a Polish version -- supposedly with Polish voice-overs as well -- which is not a common thing for international releases.

Gribbler

Quote from: Fitzwith online auctioning sites - eBay and the like. It looks quiet, like no one's interested in the item - until the last thirty minutes or so, and eventually the item reaches 10 times the suggested price.

Yeah, tell me about it :) eBay snipers can increase item's price by hundreds of dollars within last 3-4 seconds. I bid for Neverhood many times, with no luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk