BRITTENS 05 NEW DETAILS

Started by , Tue 10/05/2005 12:48:22

Previous topic - Next topic

dasjoe

* hajo raises hand.

as i'll sleep at stansted all suggested times are fine for me.
but it's not yet 100% sure that i'll make it at all.
... it's quite easy being the best.

monkey0506

Just a question:  Where exactly do these meetings take place?

I'd like to go, but I don't think that's possible if it's where I think it is... ::)

scotch

It says in the first post... at a camp site near Staines.

magintz

I'll be staying for the 7 days aswell, and will volunteer as a guide should anyone want a trip to London.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Renal Shutdown

If we do go to London, I'll be needing a guide.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

m0ds

Well, space is getting tight ! No more sign-ups for now, I need to assess the situation. Scotch says 26 are expected, I count 12 completed sign-ups so far. If you haven't emailed me but are expecting to go please email me. ^_^

Creed Malay

Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

m0ds

1 AGA
2 Ashen
3 CJ
4 Creed Malay
5 Custard
6 Dave Gilbert
7 Iqu
8 JetXL
9 Layabout
10 LimpingFish
11 m0ds
12 Matt Goble
13 Magintz
14 Miez
15 Scotch
16 Strazer
17 Yufster
18 Haddas
19 ShatteredSponge

20 reserved for Ishmael
21 reserved for SHH
22 reserved for Dark Stalkey

x Hajo dropped out :(

Thats all, folks.

Adamski

Stick me on the reserve list - i'll more than likely be there.

m0ds

Will do Adam, ta.

Okay, the latest NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION on Brittens!!

The campsite is BOOKED for FRI 1st - 4th JULY.

HOWEVER, they have alloted us "5 NIGHTS", so we can effectivley stay until Tuesday, which can also be EXTENDED if we decide and they agree to it.

The price per person is £5 per night (this is a one pound increase from previous years, but I'm told it's their FIRST price increase since 1997, which is when Screen 7 was founded, so thats all good!! :P)

So if you stay 1st - 4th it will cost you £15 to camp.
So if you stay 1st - 5th it will cost you £20 to camp.
So if you stay 1st - 6th it will cost you £25 to camp.

They have been told that up to 20 people will attend and they are making allowance for us to have 10-15 tents.

When you arrive, if that is before me - tell them my surname and they will place you in the right area. The booking is under "Lovegrove" and although the lady on the phone recognised the name, she didn't remember the name "Brittens" :P So that won't get you in!

A map of the location of the campsite is available here :)

magintz

Excellent, should be good, can't wait. Hope I get to meet lots of new AGSers.

p.s - i'm sure if you tell the lady your with the computer nerds she'll know what your on about :P
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Haddas

Why, am I not on the list? I want to know why I'm not on the list! There better be a good explanation for me not being on the list!

Ishmael

There are a couple of things for me to ensure, and I'll know for sure by next friday or earlier if I can come... Will that be too late? :\
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

m0ds

You're added, Haddas... A space is also reserved for Ishmael. That pushes us up to 21, which is fine.

If you WANT to come and haven't signed up but think you are able, please DO still email me. It may be negotiable.

If anyone drops out I'll let you know here in this thread, but if they don't, perhaps I'll see the rest of you in Greece? :D

Renal Shutdown

Hexie bailed? I must mourn..
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Layabout

I dont have a tent. Who is willing to give me a space in theirs. If all goes crazy I'll sleep in a car, after much protest.

Or just buy a tent...

Damn, I need a sleeping bag too! poobungies...
I am Jean-Pierre.

Meowster

Oh yeah, what is the tent situation? Who is bringing tents, and whatnot? I think I shall be bringing a four-man tent with 'guy lines'. Then there's a big tent apparently, although this may or may not have 'guy lines'.

PS. What are 'guy lines'?

Haddas

My tent broke down 2 years ago. I think. I kinda forgot to take it down once when I was camping in the woods. it was pretty decomposed when I finally went to check on it :-[

Privateer Puddin'

guy lines are pieces of string/rope that go from the tent into the ground that, i guess hold the tent there, and straighten the top waterproof layer ¬¬

i should have a 3 man tent with me, while it is official 3 man, i think if it was needed, you could get 4 people in there, i also have a double airbed for comfort :p

i might have one of those one man tent thingies also, but we could use that for bags / food / whatver

Ishmael

Hmm... Is there any kind of list of things suggested to bring along? I can't think of anything else than a sleeping bag and some money for the expenses... is there anything else vital?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk