Brittens PRINTABLE FORM THINGS PAGE 4

Started by , Tue 18/05/2004 15:30:13

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Just to let you know, the campsite at LALEHAM in SURREY has been booked now, for 25th June (Fri) to 27th June (Sun). Anyone who needs or wants to stay Sunday night won't be a problem too, but you'll have to pay for that extra night.

OVER 18's it will cost you £4 per night, £8 for the full weekend, £12 if you're staying til monday, or FREE if you're Adam Hay.

UNDER 18's it will cost you £2 per night, £4 for the full weekend and £6 if you're staying til monday.

IMPORTANT - if you ARE hoping to attend PLEASE make sure you email as everyone that attends will NEED TO BRING a signed confirmation that they agree to rules/terms/conditions etc. Unfortunatley I can't let you camp with us if you don't bring it with you. This will be emailed to you relavtivley soon after you EMAIL me (to mark at barnettcollege.com) the following details;

Name
Forum Nickname
DOB
Where you're from
How you're planning to get to Brittens

ANYONE arriving by PLANE to Heathrow are advised to get a BUS or TRAIN to STAINES, where you can be picked up by car and taken to BRITTENS. I believe there is a bus service from HEATHROW to FELTHAM station, which you can then go to STAINES on train. I can't remember if there's a Heathrow - Staines bus service.

Anyone arriving by PLANE to another UK airport should try and find details on how to get to STAINES from wherever it is you're landing. Any problems get in touch.

Anyone arriving by CAR can use the maps below to find your way there. Anyone arriving by TRAIN can be picked up from STAINES and anyone who just wants to get dropped off at STAINES can also be picked up, (that way you don't have to find your way to the campsite).

For your information we'll be getting the same wasp-infected area of the campsite we had in 2002, which is next to the small rear car-park.

You won't need much money as it's unlikely we'll be doing much at all :P but I do ask for a £5 per person donation towards food, as we will be having cooked meals and a barbecue. We may go into Staines, (but like f*ck are we walking to it again) so I'd say you'd probably want to bring another 10 or 20 pounds to spend, but it really is up to you how much you want to bring.

As for what to bring, up to a three man tent - or better still, if you can discuss with others about sharing a tent that would be super. The campsite has showers, recreational fields and a river near by. If you can bring deck chairs or something to sit on thats great, because I only have three deck-chairs. :P

Magazines, books, game-boys etc anything to help keep you entertained. Anyone that's got game information or demos should bring them too as I hope to bring a laptop, (and if anyone else wants to bring a laptop please do).

Naturally you'll need a sleeping bag.

Finally, no drugs! And only buy alcohol if you legally can, though I have no objection for those under 18 to enjoy in an alcoholic beverage too. If the weather is nice then I'm sure we can go to the pub or sit by the river etc.

Any further questions or concerns please email me. You must send me the details above so you can get the confirmation form, and you will then be sent also my contact details to ensure you have no problems regarding parental permission (if necessary) and contacting me over the Brittens weekend.

See you there :)

:)
m0ds

pudding

Pet Terry

Whee! Nice job m0ds! Now I can go and book my flights. I emailed you already, right? Also, we Finns will be staying to monday morning. We arrive Heathrow around 10.20 friday morning.

Trip to Staines would be great, I could buy a birthday present for my brother. Custard also said he could bring a laptop, and I'll have some demos to show you :)

I have a 4-man tent, but if it weighs too much I'm not going to bring it because luggage's maximum weight in airplane is 20 kilos I think... But if I bring my tent, I can share it with somebody. If I can't bring it, I would appreciate it if someone could share his/her tent with me :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Ishmael

Yay, goodie! I sure hope I don't have anything planned for the weeks after or before..

I'll be bringing my laptop there, if it stays in one piece... does that place have electricity btw? As my laptop's battery is dead... But I'll see if I can think up a way to get some material over there somehow, if I can't get my laptop with me.

We have 4-man tent somewhere too... but, same deal. It weights a lot.

...in case I can make it, which I really hope...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

m0ds

Woot, good good - yep, get booking them flights!

TK, No electricity I'm afraid, so there won't be an oppurtunity to charge your batteries (unless of course Matt Goble offers to charge them for you ;))

Petteri - see about the tent. Don't worry if you can't bring one, as I mentioned before I'll be bringing a big one that can hold about 6 people comfortably. Plus I'm sure someone like AGA will bring one. And Magintz if he's coming but I can't remember.

Ishmael

Ok, unless I get a new laptop sometime soon, I think I won't be bringing one...

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Privateer Puddin'

Hi. :)
Do we need proof of age when paying for how long we're staying?
I will be bringing my laptop :)
I will be bring a 3 man (man being normal man, not custard sized man, so lets say a 2 person) tent. Oh! and i will be bringing my inflatable mattress so its camping with comfort :D

I think that's all, apart from good job markehh ;)

m0ds

Thanksh :)

EDIT, nope, I don't think you do. I can't remember how we did it last time but I think you pay the money and sign something. But I don't think they check to see how old you are. But, you won't win any respect in my book if you're dishonest.

Privateer Puddin'

Just checking as i'll be 17 but seem to have the same difficulty proving i'm under 18 at certain places as i do saying I'm 18 at a pub :)

Pet Terry

m0ds, I emailed you sometime ago with the details mentioned in first post, so thought I'd ask do I need to email you again? I had some other question in my mind but I already forgot it...
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

m0ds

Nope Petteri if you've already emailed you don't need to email me again :)

But thanks anyway, AGA.

;)

Meowster

I have been told I can't have this weekend off work.

What the hell? They're giving me one day a week and sending me home early because there's no work even on that day alone. And they won't give me this week end off work?

I'll see what I can do anyway. I'll phone tomorrow and ask her again, when she's in a perhaps better mood. See if I can swap shifts with somebody that week so I work earlier in the week, not on the weekend.

magintz

All good, I've sent you an e-mail I beleive. I can bring a two man tent and a laptop but its a real crappy laptop...

I may cycle if its a nice day, but it may be easier to go by car.

I should be able to stay for 2 days, maybe even the full three but I will have to see.

Gotta go to bed now, i'm feeling sleepy.... *looks at pokemon colleseum* maybe one quick game... ¬_¬
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

creedy

Yep, I'm still up for it, I'll put some funds aside for this...

When you say no drugs, you mean, like, none of the BAD kind of drugs, right?

Davy

Peter Thomas

I wish I could go :(

Australia is so very far away

*has a pointless cry*
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Pet Terry

I've booked my flights! However, I have to chat with other Finns about the flights because there's only room for two more people in the mondays flight...
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Matt Goble

MODs,

Hope you got my email ok - I think I've downloaded that last track for Predator so I'll burn you a new disc and bring it along - DATA CD right?

Matt

shbaz

Quote from: Peter Thomas on Wed 19/05/2004 12:10:13
I wish I could go :(

Australia is so very far away

*has a pointless cry*

No blubbering - Next year Mittens will be there, not some crummy spin-off like Brittens.  ;D
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

HillBilly

Ishmael

It seems certain that I cannot make it after all... :'( I've got work the week before, and we've got all sorts of little goings after that...

I'll be at some Mittens then...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk