"Dead Synchronicity" hits Kickstarter and Greenlight... with playable demo!

Started by Fictiorama, Thu 19/12/2013 15:45:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Fictiorama

UPDATE: Playable demo, Kickstarter and Greenlight campaigns laucnhed! More info in the last post! :D
UPDATE 2:Linux version announced !! Last 5 days of  Kickstarter campaign!
UPDATE 3:FUNDED!!!

Hi there!

We would like to announce our first game: "Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today", the first episode of a series of two under the name of "Dead Synchronicity".

THE STORY

"Dead Synchronicity" tells the story of Michael, who wakes up after having been in a coma for an undetermined amount of time. He suffers from amnesia, so he can't remember "the Great Wave", a chain of catastrophes (earthquakes, tsunamis...) that left the World without power sources or communications. People who lost their homes were moved to "Refugee Camps", but the army has violently taken control of these camps, so in fact they have turned into "Concentration Camps".

Simultaneously, an illness has been massively spreading all around the world. This illness turns people into the so-called "dissolved"'s: sick people who have special cognition abilities (they know things about the future and the past) but who die in a horrible way, literally "dissolved" into blood.

People think there is a link between "the Great Wave" and the "dissolved" illness, but they have no information about it.

Michael wakes up in one of these Camps and has two primary goals: firstly, to get his identity back; secondly, to find out what's happening with the pandemic and "the Great Wave", so that he can stop the World from reaching the "dead synchronicity" point, when Time (past, present and future) will dissolve itself.

TRAILER - TEASER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Put2iZH16n0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Put2iZH16n0

SCREENSHOTS

We expect to release "Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today" for PC mid-late 2014, so still a lot of work ahead, but really excited about the project. Mac and iOS versions will be released a bit later.

In fact, we showed a demo at AdventureX 2013 and people loved the art, the plot and the music, which is a key element for us.

Hope you find it interesting! You can find more info on our blog http://blog.deadsynchronicity.com/ and our twitter account @deadsynchro .

We'll keep you updated!

Cheers!

Anian

Good luck with this. Art style looks really nice.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Fictiorama

Fitz

Looks fantastic, indeed. I like the premise, too. The idea of consciousness capable of travelling back and forth across the fourth dimension is one of my favorite concepts in sci-fi (I remember it used in a very intriguing way in The Longest Journey).

Oh and just a minor error:

QuoteMichael, who wakes up after having been in a comma

coma

Fictiorama

Thanks, Fitz!

And thanks for the correction, as well! :)

KodiakBehr

I love it!  I love the art style, the concept, the setting.  This is on my radar, keep us posted on your progress!

Fictiorama

Stupot

Gorgeous graphics and intriguing plot. Can't wait to try this. Best of luck!

Fictiorama

Thanks, Stupot+! We'll keep updating the post with more art and info! :)

Tabata

Fictiorama

Sure! A gameplay video is around the corner!

In the meantime...

Cheers!

Fictiorama

New screenshot added!

The gameplay video is REALLY around the corner!

Fictiorama

And... yes! Here is the commentary gameplay video, so that you can see "Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today" in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJmwZ323nRg

Ghost

Uhhh lovely. Keep on going, this is gonna be great!

Fitz

I really like the graphics/animation, it kinda reminds me of Genndy Tartakowsky's later work. The muted color palette is nice on the eyes, too. The one thing that looks a little off is the walking animation, which looks out of sync with the walking speed: maybe it's just me, but he seems to be walking in huge steps, while the actual distance he covers seems oddly small.

Janos Biro

Yeah. I haven't noticed that before, but watching again, it really looks like the walking is out of sync. But that's probably just a minor issue, easy to fix. The game looks amazing, and the story really got me interested.

Quote from: Fitz on Tue 11/02/2014 18:25:46
I really like the graphics/animation, it kinda reminds me of Genndy Tartakowsky's later work. The muted color palette is nice on the eyes, too. The one thing that looks a little off is the walking animation, which looks out of sync with the walking speed: maybe it's just me, but he seems to be walking in huge steps, while the actual distance he covers seems oddly small.
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Fictiorama

Thanks a lot for the comments!

We told our artist about the resemblance to Tartakovsky's style... and he is flattered! :D

Regarding the "walking animation"... we'll check it again! It's a really tricky thing: to make it look quite realistic, but fast enough...

Cheers!

------

---------

Fictiorama

Hi Manel!

Great to get in touch here too! And thanks a lot for your interest! How is "The White Canvas" doing? Seems like it's around the corner... :D

Cheers!

Fictiorama

Hi AGers!!!

So many news! :D

We are really excited to say we just hit Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight! :D

KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN - Kickstarter - Dead Synchronicity Tomorrow comes Today

The campaign features rewards like portraits "Dead Synchronicity" style, private gigs of the indie rock band Kovalski, art by the Spanish renowned comic artist Azpiri... and even the alleged remains of a "dissolved" :O

Furthermore... you can access a playable demo of "Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today". You have the links to download the demo in the KS campaign, but you can access the demo, both for PC and Mac, here as well: Dead Synchronicity - Demo

This is the "standard" demo. However, both backers and users who spread the word about the campaign will gain access to the much longer extended demo!

STEAM GREENLIGHT CAMPAIGN - Steam Greenlight - Dead Synchronicity Tomorrow comes Today

Finally, this is the trailer of the game, included in both campaigns: Dead Synchronicity - Trailer

Well, quite a lot of good news!

I hope you find both campaigns interesting! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question!

Cheers!

m0ds

Great! I'll certainly toss in some coin before the deadline hits :) Good luck!

Tabata

Played the demo and voted for it on Greenlight - very interesting!
Looking forward to see the complete story/game! (nod)

Good luck with the project!

Fictiorama

Thanks a lot for the comments!

We still have a long way ahead, both at Kickstarter and Greenlight, so every help is MUCH appreciated!

Cheers!

Darth Mandarb

Looks fantastico!  My pledge is in.  Good luck with the campaign and with finishing the game!

Frodo

Just want to say, love how this game looks so far. 
Pledged on Kickstarter the other day, and LOVED the extended demo.  :grin:

Fictiorama

Thanks, mates!

Still a long way ahead but, with supporters like you... we can make it! :D

Cheers!

Brainchild

Goog luck guys, I have no doubt you'll reach the goal in no time :-D

Fictiorama

Thanks, Alex! Doing our best to spread the word... to Infinity and beyond! :D

Fictiorama

Gribbler

Fictiorama

Fictiorama

Hi mates! New screenshot published!

We could really use your support, both in Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight!!!

With your help, we can make it! :D

Frodo

Fictiorama

Fictiorama

m0ds

Put in my pledge... your goal seems within reach now. Certainly some nice perks there :) Pot with mystery contents, haha! Good luck Fictiorama and studio!

Fictiorama

Thanks @Mods!!! :D

By the way, we just announced a $5 add-on... that includes a short text-based graphic adventure game!

And Android and Wii-U versions are now stretch goals:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fictiorama/dead-synchronicity-tct-a-dark-point-and-click-adve/posts/803351

We are close: 89% funded... but only 48 hours left!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fictiorama/dead-synchronicity-tct-a-dark-point-and-click-adve

Cheers!

Darth Mandarb

Congrats to you and your team on getting fully funded!

This is great news!

CaptainD

Congrats on reaching your target guys! ;-D  It's been a long slog but you made it in the end.

Fictiorama

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 11/04/2014 16:34:20
Congrats on reaching your target guys! ;-D  It's been a long slog but you made it in the end.

Thanks SO MUCH!!!! :D

Fitz

I checked KS this morning, shortly after it hit the 45K mark -- but thought I'd wait for you to see and share the big news! Congrats, well deserved! Now do that time-bending magic you've been talking about and give us the game NOW! ;)

Fictiorama

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 11/04/2014 18:23:37
I checked KS this morning, shortly after it hit the 45K mark -- but thought I'd wait for you to see and share the big news! Congrats, well deserved! Now do that time-bending magic you've been talking about and give us the game NOW! ;)

Thanks so much! Will try to do the trick! :D

Fictiorama

Eric

Fictiorama

Quote from: Eric on Sun 13/04/2014 02:47:58
Happy to have backed this. The art is fantastic.

Thanks, Eric! We'll tell our artist, he'll be happy to hear that! :)

Stupot

selmiak

Congrats on cashing in on the goal! I would totally have backed this if kickstarter wouldn't be so cocky with their credit card payment (which I don't have) but I'll make sure to buy the game once it's out and play the hell out of it. This is looking really great  :-D

deadsuperhero

So glad that this game hit its target! :D It has an amazing style and looks really compelling.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Fictiorama

Quote from: DeadSuperHero on Fri 18/04/2014 21:08:57
So glad that this game hit its target! :D It has an amazing style and looks really compelling.

Thanks so much!!! :)

Pyke

Congrats on the funding! So excited to see where you go with this!

Fictiorama

Quote from: Pyke on Thu 24/04/2014 16:21:52
Congrats on the funding! So excited to see where you go with this!

Thanks so much, Pyke! (And sorry it took us this long to answer... :shocked: )

Cheers!

Fictiorama

Hi adventure lovers!

We would like to announce... Daedalic Entertainment will publish Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today!

http://www.deadsynchronicity.com/blog/fictiorama-daedalic-perfect-synchronicity/

The game will feature full English and German professional voice over, and texts in Spanish, English, German, French, Italian and Russian! Great news! :D

Cheers!

selmiak

congrats!

But don't you use kickstarter when you don't have a publisher, now you have both?

Fictiorama

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 23/10/2014 20:29:16
congrats!

But don't you use kickstarter when you don't have a publisher, now you have both?

Thanks @Selmiak!

Due to the Kickstarter campaign, we got the funds to finish the game. Now the collaboration with Daedalic will allow the game to be improved and will help us distributing the game. Options not incompatible at all! :)

For us, the most important thing is to get a better game in every possible way... so that as many players as they want might enjoy it! ;)

Cheers!

Grim

Fictiorama

Quote from: Grim on Sat 25/10/2014 05:02:07
Wow! Looks like you've hit the jackpot!:)

Well done!

Thanks @Grim! Well, we hope we had!;)

Fingers crossed for the release!

Cheers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk