GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

heltenjon

Does anyone have Waffle Quest? The version on AGS depository sadly lacks the executable.

heltenjon

Does anyone have Voodoo Dave and the Tablecloth Mystery? There's a version at archive.org, but it gives me error messages when unzipping.

Edit: Game found

gabriel19681_1

Hello Heltenjon, I managed to download this adventure from the Torrent, but when I download it it gives me an error that I don't know how to solve, I'll send you the game to see if you or someone else can fix it.

Sorry if I express myself badly, but I don't know English and I write this with the Google translator.

Voodoo Dave & the Tablecloth Mystery

heltenjon

Thanks for your efforts, Gabriel! Also thanks to The TMD who managed to find the game and make it run, and to my friend Lars for hosting it. The db page should very soon provide a workable link again.

gabriel19681_1

OK, Thanks for answering, I have already downloaded it from the database page  ;) 

TheTMD

Does anyone know the game called "Question Mark"

https://www.moddb.com/games/question-mark

I think i've seen it in the AGS site or forum, well...or somewhere else  :-[ , but can't find any information
sorry if i can't be more clear, but i really don't remember anything, just some sort of dejavu about the screenshots

Thanks
T.

Blake00

Doing a great job here @TheTMD , thank you for emailing me to help fill some of those remaining gaps on my old QFG fan site! I don't visit here as much as I used to sadly but I can see I've previously posted not once but twice in this very thread over the last decade or so asking for the lost Quest for Orgy games so thank you for your help finding QFO1! The sequels probably never got made sadly but ya never know. Either way I'll have to update my old Quest For Glory fans games hunting thread here soon!

Speaking of which I've got another thing to add to the list which might interest you. I've just emailed you this but I may as well stick it here too. I've been trying to find the original Quest for Infamy AGS project demo (not the excellent and very different final game they made that's on steam & gog etc) that the infamous adventures guys did in the early 2000s. After being touched by my Blake's Sanctum - Quest For glory fan site tribute to their original project Klytos released it publicly in 2010 and I got a copy... yet then somehow lost it!!!! Then they took their old forum down and moved to a new one when they made the new game so I couldn't get it from the thread and have been trying to re-find it for years, I spoke with Blackthorne and Klytos a few times in the years since but they couldn't find their copies anymore either. However would you believe I just found it, as I thought I'd tried webarchive in the past but apparently I hadn't lol! I just tried and it worked, and yes even the demo download was backed up too!
https://web.archive.org/web/20140327142926/http://www.infamous-adventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=3719.0
It's a simple demo but another nice little piece of AGS history to add to your preservation list of demos and full games. :)

I have great appreciation for what you're doing here mate as I've been doing my own preservation project over the last few years rescuing old Civ2 mods (in fact I just remembered I even have a thread on this very forum about it haha). It's taken years of my life so when you commit to doing this kind of thing it's a huge sacrifice so much respect! In fact I notice you're using meganz for rescues so I'm guessing the ASG site no longer hosts games itself in its library and they need to go elsewhere? If so then meganz doesn't usually last forever so I recommend you take a look at the Internet archive org. They've been around for a couple of decades now and as well as having the huge webarchive we use for find old lost websites like I did above it also has a ginourmous library of lost books, software and games. So I've been using them for my Civ2 rescue work and as well as the free file hosting I really also like how they allow me to display each mod with a nice picture creating a nice visual library catalog of everything. Something like that for all the old AGS projects you're rescuing would be pretty cool, so you guys might wanna consider them if you're struggling with reliable free hosting issues.

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

gabriel19681_1

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 25/11/2022 21:49:11Hi Gabriel!

A long time ago, you wrote:
Quote from: gabriel19681_1 on Wed 23/07/2014 19:21:28Hi I'm looking for two adventures whose links do not work, see if someone can help me. Thank you.
I Need A Wee!: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=27966.0

In case you haven't noticed, I need a Wee is now available at https://lost-ags-games.itch.io/i-need-a-wee

Jon

Thank you very much, Heltenjon, I hadn't noticed, and this game had already been considered impossible.

One less  :-D

I have tried to answer you by private message, but I don't know why, it has been impossible, I hope you read it here.

arj0n

Quote from: heltenjondo you by any chance still have a copy of Monty Python's Makeout Mansion?

Yep, here it is: Monty Python's Makeout Mansion

(as pm didn't seemed work I posted the answer via this thread)

heltenjon

Thanks, arj0n! I'll contact Lars and ask if he can host it a bit more publicly.  :-D  Now for some making out!  8-)

TheTMD

Thanks Arj0n for "Monty Python's Makeout Mansion"

hoanvu99hn

I want an adventure game to play in my free time. Can you suggest me

Wiggy

Can anyone help me find "Tomes: Layne's Discovery" by LowResHero? It still has an entry in the database, but the website and mirror are down, and the download button links to GameJolt but the game is not there. Many thanks in advance.

Wiggy

Thanks, received, now to play and deduce!

Cyrus

I was wondering if someone still has the demo for The Story of Joijo? The demo link is dead now. Thank you!

sincaruk

I discovered Adventure Games with this exact CD-Rom back in 2009: https://archive.org/details/51jogosaventura . I don't know how many of those games are lost media, but I felt a moral obligation to recover Recess 2.
Don't follow me cause I'm lost too.

arj0n

Quote from: sincaruk on Thu 12/01/2023 06:02:51I discovered Adventure Games with this exact CD-Rom back in 2009: https://archive.org/details/51jogosaventura . I don't know how many of those games are lost media, but I felt a moral obligation to recover Recess 2.

I'll list the contents later.

This cd contains 24 AGS games:
10minutes
7days
adayinthefuture
apprentice
ATaleInTheZoo
beasts
bj1
detention
EARWIG
friendindeed