GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

The author of Chmelnica and Bill DeBill also made another game called Dinky Island, but it doesn't look like it has anything to do with the Monkey Island series. I am not even sure this one is an AGS game, though it seems probable. Does anyone have this? (Or know if it is an AGS game at all?)

And does anyone have The Fan Game: The Goonies by Daniele Spadoni?

gabriel19681_1

The Goonies, You can find it here to download:

The Fan Game: The Goonies

Dinky Island, According to this page, it is text based:

Dinky Island

walkthrough

But I couldn't find it to download.

heltenjon

Quote from: gabriel19681_1 on Mon 20/11/2023 00:02:25The Goonies, You can find it here to download:

Thanks, Gabriel. However, this download is "repackaged for the Pandora". Does anyone know how to reverse this process, if possible? PND-file back to standard ags? I have played the game myself, this is an attempt to fix the now broken link in the database.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 20/11/2023 07:43:24
Quote from: gabriel19681_1 on Mon 20/11/2023 00:02:25The Goonies, You can find it here to download:

Thanks, Gabriel. However, this download is "repackaged for the Pandora". Does anyone know how to reverse this process, if possible?

Turns out PND is a ZIP archive, so open it using a zip archiver. I succeeded with 7-zip, for example.

IMO zip programs is generally first thing to try with the game packages, because it's a widespread standard of packaging things today.

Inside the package there's literally a windows exe for some reason (but I guess person did not know how to get a raw game data file after compiling with AGS).

tag2015

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 18/11/2023 20:39:45And does anyone have The Fan Game: The Goonies by Daniele Spadoni?

Ah, I remember that one. I uploaded it to archive.org along with the other games but it was flagged as virus/malware. I told them that it was a false positive but never got a response

gabriel19681_1

Indeed, Crinson, the file can be extracted with 7-zip, anyway if you have any problems Heltenjon, I can upload my copy of this game

heltenjon

Thanks to you all! I managed to unpack, test and zip the Goonies, and Lars now hosts it without any false virus alerts at Lost Ags games on itch. The download link in the database is now functional again.  (nod)

heltenjon

Okay, next missing game...

Gord10 has made several versions of Lost in the Nightmare. The most updated version has a working link in the database (through the archive): Lost in the Nightmare: Save our Souls.
However, we lack working links to the earlier versions: Lost in the Nightmare v1.1 and Lost in the Nightmare - Demo.

Does anyone have these earliest versions?

gabriel19681_1

I think I have v1.1, but I'm not very sure, I don't know how to check it.

Lost in the Nightmare

heltenjon

Quote from: gabriel19681_1 on Wed 22/11/2023 12:08:47I think I have v1.1, but I'm not very sure, I don't know how to check it.

Lost in the Nightmare
The file size looks about correct, so I will add it to the database again. If anyone has played this earlier - feel free to check for yourself that this is the correct version.

Thanks again, Gabriel!

gabriel19681_1

I've been looking for this adventure I LUV EARL for quite some time, I already asked for it in your thread, but no luck, let's see if anyone has it here, thank you.

I LUV EARL

TheTMD

Sorry but I've nothing from my side
I've rechecked, to be sure, the old url in the wayback machine
but the game hasn't got stored
even searching for the file size that was in the url, iluvearl.zip, the only thing i found is
- a link to some 2010 pages on the forum, by arj0n, about a complete list of ags games
(https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/adventure-related-talk-chat/total-list-of-ags-games-ever-released-1495/)
- and a XLS file about solutions, with link, for a lot of old ags games
(http://gamesolutions.efzeven.nl/ags.xls)

heltenjon

Quote from: gabriel19681_1 on Wed 22/11/2023 12:08:47I think I have v1.1, but I'm not very sure, I don't know how to check it.

Lost in the Nightmare

It looks like this is version 1.0, and that I need a patch to upgrade to 1.1. Without the patch, there is a bug that I think breaks the inventory and makes the game impossible to win. (According to reloaded.org, where @Frodo seems to have played this game back in the day.)

heltenjon

We also are missing a working link to The McReed Case: Interrogation Betademo. I guess many of our collectors don't keep the demos, but i have to ask if someone has this lying around.

TheTMD

For Lost in the Nightmare
https://mega.nz/folder/cBFQgQII#463uHPBy_LfHF899XT0gJw
at this url I've uploaded
- a zip containing the v1.1, stating by the wordpad included
- an exe that patch the v1.0 to v1.1
- a zip that should contain the v1.0 over which I've successfully applied the patch
(the wordpad is updated, reporting the now v1.1)

For McReed
https://mega.nz/folder/gQkWzILB#K4ZZsOlu4MRRSvwYDauFiA
it's a 797Kb. Not sure if it's what you are looking for: it could be, because i only have links to AGS site (the database, or the AGSArchive, so i presume it's the version that was published at the time)

heltenjon

Thank you, @TheTMD  ;-D

This will help putting Lost in the Nightmarev1.1 back in the database. The McReed game you have, seems to be The McReed Case, the first (and only finished) game in that series.

TheTMD

Quote from: heltenjon on Tue 28/11/2023 20:00:01The McReed game you have, seems to be The McReed Case, the first (and only finished) game in that series.

Good, updated my database: I confused a mcreed case file for the demo one

Thanks

heltenjon

Quote from: TheTMD on Mon 14/11/2022 19:29:20Does anyone know the game called "Question Mark"

https://www.moddb.com/games/question-mark

I think i've seen it in the AGS site or forum, well...or somewhere else  :-[ , but can't find any information
sorry if i can't be more clear, but i really don't remember anything, just some sort of dejavu about the screenshots

Thanks
T.
This game is now on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2301150/Question_Mark/

Looks like the developer has changed to Unity, though.

NegaByte

Hi all! I'm looking for an AGS game I must have played 20+ years ago.

All I recall from it was a conversation with a scientist-looking man who reminded me of Fred Edison (it may have even been the same sprite). The conversation went something along the lines of:
Ego: Your shoelaces are untied.
Fred: No they aren't.
Ego: How can you be so sure?
Fred: I superglue them.
Ego: But then how do you get them undone?
Fred: I cut them with these scissors.
Ego: Don't they get all cut up then?
Fred: That's why I glue them.

Child me thought it was absolutely brilliant and I want to see what the other dialogue in the game was like.

Crimson Wizard

@NegaByte I don't know exactly, but if the game used sprites or actual characters from Maniac Mansion, then you might check the Maniac Mansion Mania website, they've been making MM fan games for decades:

https://maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php/en/

Not if that was a "Day of Tentacle" sprite style though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk