Good Music and sound design in AGS games released in 2024

Started by heltenjon, Mon 04/03/2024 14:31:32

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

All too often, I have no clue which game to nominate for the best music award when the year comes to an end. So why not make a thread where we can make notes for ourselves, and possibly even discuss music and sound design through the year? I don't know if the interest is there, but I think it could be useful.

In this month's MAGS, the game The Green and the Red by @Babar and @jfrisby has a piano track that I found enthralling. It's sort of dark and unsettling, making the red hills and the forest all the more ominous. At the same time uncomplicated and dissonant, if that makes any sense. But the detail that really drives it home for me, is the baby making sounds in the background. I'm sure this was not part of the plan, but those baby vocals made it even better. Are there babies (ghosts?) lost in the woods? Or possibly the children of the wood people?

jfrisby

Just saw this today, thank you so much for the very kind complement @heltenjon  - Babar told me to leave the background sounds in so I'm glad it worked!   I'll tell my daughter she's famous :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk